Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Commander Legends Spoilers

Re: Commander Legends Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    If I have the rules right, with Doomsday you could:
    -exile their FoWs and potentially cast them at any time by pitching blue cards from your hand
    -exile and cast their discard spells to empty their hand
    -leave them with 0 library
    I don't think you understand: if you control them while they search, AND you exile what you find this means you will find 5 cards, exile them. Then they will exile their library and graveyard. The game is effectively over so the rest doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I don't think you understand: if you control them while they search, AND you exile what you find this means you will find 5 cards, exile them. Then they will exile their library and graveyard. The game is effectively over so the rest doesn't matter.
    It could very well matter if they have a thassa's oracle in hand. But yah vs doomsday even an aven mindcensor is gg. The stealing is more relevant against cards that don't insta lose like crop rotation or KOTR.

Sep 2011

I thought my comment implied that.

For the 5 cards you can pick say 2x Fow and 2x discard spell 1x land, then exile the rest of their library and graveyard and leave them with 0 cards. Not only will they lose the game with 0 library, but in case they had any tricks in hand you just tutored up discard spells to cast and free FoWs. It's hilarious overkill.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I mean, that line is all well and good, but you'd still lose if they have Cavern in play and Oracle in hand, all the Discard spells and Forces won't help you there.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

White Court

'

Black Court

Just want to make a Court/Confinement deck:

Turn 1 - Land - Cantrip
    Turn 2 - Land - Enlightened Tutor + cantrip
    Turn 3 - Land - Confinement + FOW + Blue card for FOW
    Turn 4 - Land - discard a card to confinement - Any Court that lets you win the game (White/Black/Blue all work)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

The black and white courts are quite strong. Enchantments are tough to deal with.

Court of Grace especially seems fantastic. It works amazingly in an Armageddon Stax or Angel Stompy type deck.

Just wondering if that strategy could potentially make a comeback.

Can Emeria's Call be discarded to Mox Diamond?

Chalice, Trini and Armageddon/Ravages/Cataclysm, Wasteland+Crucible, Ghostly Prison, Flagstones, Tabernacle, Karakas are all still amazing cards. Cataclysms ability to boardwipe all planeswalkers makes it better than ever imo.

Sep 2011

They couldn't just let Kobolds of Kher Keep stay strictly better than his friends...

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    The black and white courts are quite strong. Enchantments are tough to deal with.

Court of Grace especially seems fantastic. It works amazingly in an Armageddon Stax or Angel Stompy type deck.

Just wondering if that strategy could potentially make a comeback.

Can Emeria's Call be discarded to Mox Diamond?

Chalice, Trini and Armageddon/Ravages/Cataclysm, Wasteland+Crucible, Ghostly Prison, Flagstones, Tabernacle, Karakas are all still amazing cards. Cataclysms ability to boardwipe all planeswalkers makes it better than ever imo.
    I'm torn with going the chalice route or just sticking with U/W:

10 Cantrips
    4 Solitary Confinement
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    4 ET - Silver Bullet Targets
    4 Sol Lands
    14 Lands
    6 Courts
    4 FOW
    4 Daze
    2 FON
    4 STP

Doesn't seem half-bad.
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Since it hasnt been posted:

Jeweled Lotus. 0. Tap, sac, add 3 of any one color. Use only to cast commanders.
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Two cards coming out that might just be some of my ask time favorites.
    Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith
    2R
    Legendary Creature - Goblin Artificer
    When a land enters the battlefield under your control, create an artifact equipment token named "rock". It has "Equipped creature has "1, Sacrifice Rock: deal 2 damage to any target" and "Equip 1." "

Partner

And

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    Since it hasnt been posted:

Jeweled Lotus. 0. Tap, sac, add 3 of any one color. Use only to cast commanders.
    Not really relevant to legacy, is it?

The new draw 7 seems more interesting:

https://scryfall.com/card/cmr/211/wheel-of-misfortune

2R Sorcery

Each player secretly chooses a number. Then reveal those numbers. “Wheel of Misfortune” deals damage equal to the greatest number chosen to the players that chose it. Then each player who didn’t choose the minimum number discards their hand, and draws 7 cards.

Sep 2011

Two cards coming out that might just be some of my ask time favorites.
    Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith
    2R
    Legendary Creature - Goblin Artificer
    When a land enters the battlefield under your control, create an artifact equipment token named "rock". It has "Equipped creature has "1, Sacrifice Rock: deal 2 damage to any target" and "Equip 1." "
    I hope the quotation marks aren't a typo and the creature really gains Equip 1.

The Lotus fills a role LED already could, except now without discarding your hand. Seems very good with Sharuum the Hegemon (and all Commanders really).

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I hope the quotation marks aren't a typo and the creature really gains Equip 1.

The Lotus fills a role LED already could, except now without discarding your hand. Seems very good with Sharuum the Hegemon (and all Commanders really).
    It has. The artifact. " Equip 1 ". Not sure how you are reading that as a creature gains equip lol

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    It has. The artifact. " Equip 1 ". Not sure how you are reading that as a creature gains equip lol
    Read it again

It has "Equipped creature has "1, Sacrifice Rock: deal 2 damage to any target" and "Equip 1." "

Look at where the quotation marks are
    "Equipped creature has "Ability 1" and "Ability 2" "

There's obviously a typo there, as there should be a 2nd end quote after Ability 1. As written, it grants both abilities to the creature.

May 2015
    PDX

Create thing called rock. It [rock] has "something" and "something." Note how and is not included in the quotation marks.

Feb 2014

It has "Equipped creature has "1, Sacrifice Rock: deal 2 damage to any target" and "Equip 1." "

would mean the creature has equip.

--> It has "Equipped creature has "1, Sacrifice Rock: deal 2 damage to any target"" and "Equip 1."
    is likely the correct version - less fun.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Create thing called rock. It [rock] has "something" and "something." Note how and is not included in the quotation marks.
    That's not what it says though. There's a second set of quotation marks including the word and.

It [rock] has "Equipped creature has "something" and "something" ".

dte explained it well. It's clearly meant to be the 2nd version, but the 1st version is more fun! Equip creature to rock, go.
    Edit: Equip Hopeful Eidolon to 3 Benalish Heros banded together. "Judge", go.

May 2015
    PDX

At least in English you need to have a known noun/subject before referring to it as an "it." You hit the word "it" and you have to go back in time to find what is being replaced/alluded to.

So we read the card and come to "It has" - this is technically a complete sentence by itself. Ignore everything that comes after this point, we already have a subject [pronoun] and a verb. Before we continue we must be able to define what "it" refers to. This is only ever retrospective in English grammatical rules.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

This is like a inside look at my poor computer trying to run some C++ I wrote in high school
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information