Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander Legends Spoilers

Re: Commander Legends Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    New leaks

Most of the stuff is Commander-focused and thus uninteresting, but this one caught my eye:

War Cabinet
    Land
    T: Add C
    3, T, Pay life equal to the amount of colors in your commander's color identity: Draw a card.

So how does this work? Can you use the card draw ability in Legacy or not? If so, that's a pretty powerful card.
    Woah, you missed the Flash Cascade Clone!
    It's hard to tell in the picture but I think it's UUU and ETB as any other creature that ETB this turn, which means I can cast it, cascade into hypergenesis (or living end, if you're so inclined) and then it will resolve and can be an extra copy of whatever you just put into play.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Woah, you missed the Flash Cascade Clone!
    It's hard to tell in the picture but I think it's UUU and ETB as any other creature that ETB this turn, which means I can cast it, cascade into hypergenesis (or living end, if you're so inclined) and then it will resolve and can be an extra copy of whatever you just put into play.
    It's definitely 4UU in the picture which is a lot less interesting for cascade stuff. It also copies "any card" so it can hit stuff other than creatures, but the high casting cost makes the rest mostly irrelevant for competitive legacy.

Jeska's Will 2R
    Sorcery
    Add R mana equal to the number of cards in your opponents hand

Seems quite strong in Belcher and Mono Red Sneak Attack decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Jeska's Will 2R
    Sorcery

Perhaps in Ruby Storm as well, esp after a wheel? Can be picked up with a wish as well and with a ruby out should be easy to cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Jeska's Will 2R
    Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    Perhaps in Ruby Storm as well, esp after a wheel? Can be picked up with a wish as well and with a ruby out should be easy to cast.

Actually, according to reddit there is more to this card.
    Jeska's Will 2R
    Sorcery (R)
    Choose one. If you control a commander as you cast this spell, you may choose both.
    • Add R for each card in target opponent's hand.
    • Exile the top three cards of your library. You may play them this turn.

So it acts as 4 more copies of AoI or Seething song, depending on what is needed.
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Court of Cunning 1UU
    Enchantment (R)
    When Court of Cunning enters the battlefield you become the monarch.
    At the beginning of your upkeep choose a number of players, they each mill two cards. If you are the monarch, each of those players mills ten cards instead.

Sort of like this one, sort of want to play some type of prison deck where this is CA and win con in one.
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Court of Cunning 1UU
    Enchantment (R)
    When Court of Cunning enters the battlefield you become the monarch.
    At the beginning of your upkeep choose a number of players, they each mill two cards. If you are the monarch, each of those players mills ten cards instead.

Sort of like this one, sort of want to play some type of prison deck where this is CA and win con in one.
    That one also caught my eye. I initially thought about mill decks, but since those barely run any creatures, thus losing the Monarch is quite likely. However, against decks with barely/no creatures, it's essentially a pseudo-legendary Phyrexian Arena with Awesome and additional upside.

Could this also slot into Replenish decks? Milling a good chunk of yourself with Replenish in hand doesn't seem too shabby, either, and it curves into Replenish.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    That one also caught my eye. I initially thought about mill decks, but since those barely run any creatures, thus losing the Monarch is quite likely. However, against decks with barely/no creatures, it's essentially a pseudo-legendary Phyrexian Arena with Awesome and additional upside.

Could this also slot into Replenish decks? Milling a good chunk of yourself with Replenish in hand doesn't seem too shabby, either, and it curves into Replenish.
    It's funny with Solitary Confinement. Monarch feeds the discard and Sanctuary protects monarch. Protecting together it puts opponent on 5-6 turn clock. Both are enchantments searchable with enlightened tutor and maybe hold a FOW or FON in hand, run oko/uro on the side because of course?

It's funny with Solitary Confinement. Monarch feeds the discard and Sanctuary protects monarch. Protecting together it puts opponent on 5-6 turn clock. Both are enchantments searchable with enlightened tutor and maybe hold a FOW or FON in hand, run oko/uro on the side because of course?
    I would play that.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007
    Last edited by Jander78; 10-21-2020 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added tags

I was thinking about adapting my Rip/Helm list.
    I'm not so sure about green. I prefer mana stability. Sylvan Library is good but it's a no-mbo with Solitary Confinement.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

It's funny with Solitary Confinement. Monarch feeds the discard and Sanctuary protects monarch. Protecting together it puts opponent on 5-6 turn clock. Both are enchantments searchable with enlightened tutor and maybe hold a FOW or FON in hand
    This sounds pretty playable.

My thought was a "turbo-fog" approach with milling Moment's Peace into the GY, but that's got more holes than confinement does.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    My thought was a "turbo-fog" approach with milling Moment's Peace into the GY, but that's got more holes than confinement does.
    I read that as "turbo frog" and now miss Spore Frog-Survival of the Fittest decks

The Snowko value train might be the best fit. Even if you lose the Monarch, it still fuels Uro. If you do need to steal the Monarch back, flash flying 1/1s and hasted Rogue Elephant are a good way to get it back. You could go full control and use Propaganda and friends to prevent attacks but that seems mediocre.

Alternately, it could fit into EnBantress pretty well with Confinement lock and Replenish. They also have Estrid's Invocation to reset the Monarch.

I instantly want at least 1-copy in my UW RipField, where I was struggling to find a suitable enchantment-based draw engine and alternate wincon (e.g. vs Spyglass/Karn/Needle/Ouphe on Helm). ETutor finds the 1-of enchantment and Energy Field lock protects the Monarch token.
    Last edited by FTW; 10-23-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I instantly want at least 1-copy in my UW RipField, where I was struggling to find a suitable enchantment-based draw engine and alternate wincon (e.g. vs Spyglass/Karn/Needle/Ouphe on Helm). ETutor finds the 1-of enchantment and Energy Field lock protects the Monarch token.
    My thought exactly, but the comment about Enchantress and Estrid's Invocation is relevant as well.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

The dream is to play this cast hymn and win the flip lmao

Oh, this one - this one is spicy.

I see a lot of applications for this in both Burn and Storm.

The dream is to play this cast hymn and win the flip lmao
    This turns Lightning Bolt on average into RR: Deal 6

That's powerful.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    This turns Lightning Bolt on average into RR: Deal 6

That's powerful.
    But you're dealing with the uncertainty of the flip and the initial investment of 1R. Burn for example looks at what each mana spent produced in terms of damage (for example, Goblin Guide is R for about 6 points of damage). So looking at burn if you cast him turn 2 and get 3 burn spells out turn 3, that makes it an investment of 1R for an average of 4.5 points of damage - hardly game changing for Burn.

Without thumbs you should always be forced to lose flips/always flip tails (and therefore combo with mana clash)

Thread Information