Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaldheim. It's going to have Snow. And Vikings.

Re: Kaldheim. It's going to have Snow. And Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Oh, yeah, I missed it but then I thought it was maybe a card already leaked and forgot to go back to cap it.
    No worries, I got your back ;)

I just found it funny that you forgot the probably most legacy relevant card of the bunch spoiled today so far.
    The next most playable card is probably Frostbite.

Concerning the cards, they range from meh to neat but irrelevant.
    Makes me sad that highlander isn't a thing anymore.
    Could be a nice limited set though.
    At least the most recent sets were fun in limited if nothing else.
    Nothing completely overpowered so far.

We also don't have the leak from yesterday yet:

This seems very good in at least standard and pioneer, maybe modern.
    Note that it counts every creature not only yours and it's dirt cheap.

Super new and very meh.
    Are there any relevant non-changeling giants?

What I also forgot:
    I hate the frames for the snow cards.
    It looks like the cared were bleached in the sun.
    Maybe it's just a scheme to save ink or to have it less noticeable if the ink intensity changes between print runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Are there any relevant non-changeling giants?
    Uro...?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    Uro...?
    Whops, forgot about that piece of shit, given that it's in every format or banned.

At least they have anti-synergy so it may be ok.
    Otherwise Uro will just get axed in more formats.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

That's alot of stuff to digest today.

I really like the demon that can tutor stuff every turn. We also finally got snow duals, but they ETB tapped - RIP Reserve List dream.

Koll + equip equipment + mana creature + sac outlet would go infinite. Casual 4 card combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    That's alot of stuff to digest today.

I really like the demon that can tutor stuff every turn. We also finally got snow duals, but they ETB tapped - RIP Reserve List dream.

Koll + equip equipment + mana creature + sac outlet would go infinite. Casual 4 card combo.
    That demon seems really good.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    That demon seems really good.
    Since it's legendary, I've just realized that with Karakas, you could use the Boast ability regardless of the opponent's defenses (although recasting it is kinda expensive unless you have a Vial @3) - but that's something to keep in mind. If you can attack once without dying, you can even fetch Karakas for the next turn.

Aside from value tutoring, is there anything particular you can set up this way? While slow, it could set up Descendants' Path to bring some fat demons into play. Path also works very well with the new Masked Vandal (GSZ-able) for LOL EMRAKUL.

Edit: Somebody on Twitter pointed out that you can combine the new demon with Opposition Agent to steal your opponent's stuff as well. Steal Stompy when?

Edit #2: Apparently you can cast the new Tibalt PW off Cascade, as unintuitive as it sounds.
    Last edited by Barook; 01-08-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Aside from value tutoring, is there anything particular you can set up this way? While slow, it could set up Descendants' Path to bring some fat demons into play. Path also works very well with the new Masked Vandal (GSZ-able) for LOL EMRAKUL.
    You'd need some other piece to get value from the top of the libary. The interaction with miracle cards is also there.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    The interaction with miracle cards is also there.
    That's pretty good with Temporal Mastery. Depending on the board position, you can set up 3-4 turns in a row where you keep on attacking. If you have a walker in play, that's essentially game over.

A few other points, mainly Stompy-related:

- both are Varragoth and Agent are Rogues, so Cavern is feasible
    - Varragoth can set up Agent by itself; if Agent is active, Maralen becomes an attractive tutor target for the hard lock combo
    - Wishclaw activation into Agent is and might have applications
    - Wishclaw into Guardian Beast also prevents artifact swaps, although that might be too specific, even as a tutor target, but who knows.

Mar 2007

Tegrid, Goddess of Dread 3BB
    Legendary Creature - God
    Menace
    Whenever an opponent sacrifices a nontoken permanent or discards a permanent card, you can put that card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
    4/5

Tegrid's Lantern 3B
    Legendary Artifact
    T, Target player loses 3 life unless they sacrifice a nonland permanent or discard a card.
    3B: Untap this card.

Pretty cool effects, but probably too expensive for Legacy. Wouldn't Tegrid work well with Braids/Staxx?

Getting this effect for 5 Mana instead of 12 is a huge discount and incredibly powerful.

I think the World Tree is probably the most interesting card shown so far. It's a land that gives all your lands prismatic as long as you have six total. That's a really, really easy condition to achieve if you're ramping, so I think it opens up some pretty interesting possibilities as far as spells and effects with WURBG costs.

Also, given World Tree, Path to the World Tree, and the bifrost enchantment lady, plus Cultivate, and Binding of the Old Gods, I feel like Genesis Ultimatum is going to be the next standard card banned. World Tree makes the cc restrictions trivial, and it's already been one of the best decks in standard for over a year now.

Oh, hey, and Tegrid does a real number on Fetchlands and Wastelands. So that's a cool side effect hosing they threw in there as well. Five mana is still a lot though.

May 2015
    PDX

How is Yggdrasil (the World Tree) not a legendary land... There was only ever one in Norse mythology. Also why is the name of this card not "Yggdrasil, the World Tree"?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    How is Yggdrasil (the World Tree) not a legendary land... There was only ever one in Norse mythology. Also why is the name of this card not "Yggdrasil, the World Tree"?
    It's only part of the tree.
    And the same reason why the Tree God's backside is "primatic bridge" and not "rainbow bridge"

Mar 2007

Search for Glory 2W
    Snow Sorcery
    Search your library for a snow card, legendary card or saga, reveal it, put it into your hand and then shuffle you library. You gain 1 life for each snow mana spent casting this spell.

This seems pretty good - can find more Snow lands, Karakas, Jitte, Thalia, Planeswalkers, legendary silver bullets, etc.

I like it.

I like how the God of Dread answers Uro and Kroxa by letting you cast their front sides too.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I like how the God of Dread answers Uro and Kroxa by letting you cast their front sides too.
    It still goes to their GY afterwards since it didn't escape when put into play by Tergrid. So they can still recast it later from their GY. At 5 mana, that isn't exactly the greatest of solutions, even if the free CA is nice.

Edit: Tergrid works really well with Cataclysm and similiar cards.
    Last edited by Barook; 01-09-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Barook

Saga =/= Historic

One other thing I just realized about The World Tree is that it works with stuff like Dark Depths, Tabernacle, and Ancient Tomb, card really is great - it's gotta be a one of in lands at the bare minimum, right?

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    One other thing I just realized about The World Tree is that it works with stuff like Dark Depths, Tabernacle, and Ancient Tomb, card really is great - it's gotta be a one of in lands at the bare minimum, right?
    ETB tapped and higher requirements than dredging over Riftstone.

Thread Information