//Sideboard: 15
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope
    2 Liliana's Triumph
    1 Vampire Nighthawk
    1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    3 Smallpox

Silversmote Ghoul is good tech with Sorin's 2nd ability and random lifegain from Sorin's 1st ability.

This list looks like it could be better optimized. The manabase is trying to do too many things. Some of the vampires look questionable, while maindeck Liliana of the Veil (and maybe Opposition Agent) seems good with Dark Ritual. Nighthawk Scavenger, Gatekeeper of Malakir and Vampire Hexmage (with Depths) all look like good maindeck choices for Vampires.

Vampire Pox (without Chancellor) made Top32 of a Legacy Challenge last year:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3072371#paper

Re: Sorin Tell

Looks fun, but doesn't seem like this should go 4-1 and looks like it could use some serious tuning.

I was actually just thinking about brewing a casualish Vampire deck for my wife. I had a splash of white in mind for Legion Lieutenant and a lone Vona, Butcher of Magan. Vona is essentially a vampire Batterskull with a Vindicate ability.

Opposition Agent, Gifted Aetherborn and Nighthawk Scavenger definitely come to mind.
    "WaaaauuugghhhaaaauuugghhhaauuugghhhaaauuugghhhW" -Chewbacca

I've been having a lot of fun trying to abuse Sorin/Chancellor + vampire beatdown backup but the problem boils down to the fact that vampires are too shitty. Playing a bunch of bad bodies and lords will make you feel awful when your opponent storms out or drops Uro/Oko/whatever. I had some amount of success with LED + Anje's ravager (like in that madness list somewhere) and Asylum Visitor. Falkenrath Gorger is also nice. The plan is to vomit your hand (at instant speed with LED!) in the first few turns and hope the Chancellor triggers give you enough of a headstart to clean it up with Ravagers and so on.

The good news (for any tribal deck in fact) is that we now have access to quite a few semi-decent changelings. Unsettled Mariner to give you game against storm, Realmwalker for value chains, maybe Masked Vandal if your opponent drops random crap like a Bridge? This could be worth switching to a rainbow manabase, I don't know.

Sep 2011

That's why I think the deck should be playing more value and less lords.

Liliana of the Veil seems like a better discard outlet than some 2/2 lord, and can even enable the Ghoul on turn 1 off a Chancellor trigger. (The 2/2 could too, but using Ritual for it and activating it on turn 1 seems bad)

Vampire Hexmage kills Oko and makes Marit Lage, giving the deck a completely different angle to attack on. Dark Depths and Cavern might be overall more synergistic than using land slots on Mutavault, Wasteland and Phyrexian Tower.

Tarmogoyf Scavenger just seems like an overall good creature, even if a bit expensive for a 3/3 Elk.

Opposition Agent should really improve the combo matchups.

Even though its not something you want to cheat out, I feel like some number of gatekeeper malakir is a must. Ascendant Evincar might be interesting as a 1 of, as cheating it out cripples some decks.

Patron of the Vein is a thing, and maybe the best card to cheat out.

Thread Information