Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opposition Stompy

Re: Opposition Stompy

Didn't think about Suppression Field restricting Op Agent's flash ability.

Quick question. Is Vryn Wingmare better than Plague Engineer in the main if we put PE on the side along with other removal cards? My thoughts are yes.
    I'm curious about how the Eldrazi matchup will be. I'm thinking Threshold decks should be in my favor, also probably a 50/50% against most combo (depending on who goes first). I'm worried about Vial decks. Overall I think that this should do really well.

Here is the list:

Opposition Stompy: Version 1.5

Beatz: 21
    4x Rotting Regisaur
    4x Lodestone Golem
    4x Opposition Agent
    4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    2x Plague Engineer
    1x Blackbloom Rogue

Lock Down: 8 (28 counting Lodestone, Op Agent, Thalia 1, Thalia 2 / Aven, Vindicate and Wasteland)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Trinisphere

Removal: 2 (4 counting Plague Engineer)
    2x Vindicate

Mana Sources: 29 (30 counting Blackbloom Rogue) (Lands: 25) (26 counting Blackbloom Rogue)
    4x Mox Diamond
    2x Gemstone Caverns
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x City of Traitors
    3x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Scrubland
    4x Wasteland
    "WaaaauuugghhhaaaauuugghhhaauuugghhhaaauuugghhhW" -Chewbacca

Aug 2010
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    Didn't think about Suppression Field restricting Op Agent's flash ability.

Quick question. Is Vryn Wingmare better than Plague Engineer in the main if we put PE on the side along with other removal cards? My thoughts are yes.
    I'm curious about how the Eldrazi matchup will be. I'm thinking Threshold decks should be in my favor, also probably a 50/50% against most combo (depending on who goes first). I'm worried about Vial decks. Overall I think that this should do really well.

Can you please explain me how Suppression Field restricts de agent's flash abitity. I thought that Op Agent was not a triggered abitility, thus not affected by Suppression Field?
    If a player activates the fetch-land and pays 2 for Suppression Field, can't we just in response flash in the Op Agent? Do I miss something here?
    If you test the deck, you could see whether you would like to have Suppression Field or something else.

Concerning Vryn Wingmare or Plague Engineer, i don't know. I would say Plague Engineer is stronger on his own (can wipe a Noble Hierarch for example), but in this deck Vryn Wingmare could be stronger. On the other hand, decks like Elves, Goblins, Merfolks, D&T seem difficult match-up's and Plague Engineer shines here.

I would cut Blackbloom Rogue first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Headshot View Post
    I would cut Blackbloom Rogue first.
    I think you underestimate the strength of smoothing in your stompy deck, although it is a lot stronger in chrome mox decks. It’s basically a ponder in your chalice/3ball deck. It’s a much better card than pelakka predation or shatterskull smashing and those cards are 4 ofs.

Because of mox diamond and your splash perhaps a few silent clearingS would be better though.

Vindicate is going to be uncastable with 12 colourless sources. You need to cut cities or add Orzhov signets

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I think you underestimate the strength of smoothing in your stompy deck, although it is a lot stronger in chrome mox decks. It’s basically a ponder in your chalice/3ball deck. It’s a much better card than pelakka predation or shatterskull smashing and those cards are 4 ofs.

Because of mox diamond and your splash perhaps a few silent clearingS would be better though.

Vindicate is going to be uncastable with 12 colourless sources. You need to cut cities or add Orzhov signets
    I think you might be right about Silent Clearing in the Rogue slot. 15 sources of white mana is one mana shy IMO.

In my goldfishing, Vindicate wasn't too difficult to cast. If it was though and I had to choose between cutting a couple City of Traitors for Orzhov Signets just to support Vindicate, I think I'd rather just cut Vindicate and run something like Oblivion Ring instead. It doesn't hit land but at least I wouldn't have to cut the Cities. The City of Traitors are insane for turn one Op Agent, Big Thalia and Trinisphere (which seems to happen a lot).

[Edit]: I could actually see cutting maybe one City for a Signet. Definitely not two. =)
    "WaaaauuugghhhaaaauuugghhhaauuugghhhaaauuugghhhW" -Chewbacca

Thread Information