Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chateauneuf-du-Pat AOC (Eladamri's Vineyard/Turntimber Symbiosis/Eureka)

Chateauneuf-du-Pat AOC (Eladamri's Vineyard/Turntimber Symbiosis/Eureka)

I almost never play on mtgo, but I tried a lot of decks when I had the token recently. One deck which went well (4-1) was this one built around abusing Eladamri's Vineyard and to a lesser extent Turntimber Symbiosis which can be hardcast using vineyard or cast off omniscience when not needed as a land. The idea is this deck breaks the symmetry by using GG better than anyone else (even other Oko decks) to do crazy things on turn 2. However, it is very expensive to try now without a token (~800 tix) but want to put something together to run for fun sometimes on mtgo. The first list is the version I went 4-1 with, the list below is the budget version I'm trying to improve.

3 Turntimber Symbiosis
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Ancient Tomb
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    4 Tropical Island
    2 Wooded Foothills

3 Eladamri's Vineyard
    3 Omniscience
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Griselbrand
    2 Progenitus
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Eureka
    4 Force of Will
    2 Veil of Summer
    4 Ponder

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 Brazen Borrower
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    2 Force of Negation

New proposed budget list:

4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Turntimber Symbiosis
    3 Snow-Covered Island
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Chrome Mox

4 Eladamri's Vineyard
    3 Omniscience
    2 Form of the Dragon
    1 Sandwurm Convergence
    4 Griselbrand
    2 Progenitus
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Eureka
    4 Veil of Summer
    4 Ponder
    2 Nix

1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 Blue Elemental Blast
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Spell Pierce
    3 Echoing Truth
    4 Extract
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

Re: Chateauneuf-du-Pat AOC (Eladamri's Vineyard/Turntimber Symbiosis/Eureka)

Giving opponent uncounterable planeswalkers for 0 mana seems bad in a format of Valki, God of Lies and Oko, Thief of Crowns. Maybe not Eureka's time to shine.

Congrats on the 4-1 though. The Vineyard interaction seems good if you can abuse the assymetry.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Giving opponent uncounterable planeswalkers for 0 mana seems bad in a format of Valki, God of Lies and Oko, Thief of Crowns. Maybe not Eureka's time to shine.

Congrats on the 4-1 though. The Vineyard interaction seems good if you can abuse the assymetry.
    Thx! Sounds like uro/oko could be gone soon and I believe you can't put in the walker side of valki off Eureka. I'll try my new version next week .
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

For the budget version, what about Summoning Trap? It's a cheaper Turntimber that can be set up to trigger for 0 mana with some other deck changes. You can bait counters by ramping into green fat with the Vineyard mana.

The non-budget version probably wants 4x Allosaurus Shepherd somewhere in the 75 (maybe SB). He really rewards you for using green enablers like Eureka, Vineyard, and Turntimber instead of playing SneakShow. 1-2 Natural Order into the Progenitus is not out of the question either, sacrificing Dryad Arbor (or an Elk - Oko being both blue and green is very strong here).
    Last edited by FTW; 02-10-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Sep 2011

With Shepherd and uncounterable NOko

//Mana: 24
    3 Turntimber Symbiosis
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Ancient Tomb
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Wooded Foothills
    2 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor

//Spells: 18
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Show and Tell
    3 Eureka

//Enchantments: 6
    3 Eladamri's Vineyard
    3 Omniscience

//Planeswalker: 3
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns

//Creatures: 9
    3 Griselbrand
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Progenitus
    2 Allosaurus Shepherd

//Sideboard: 15
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Force of Negation
    2 Brazen Borrower
    2 Allosaurus Shepherd
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Natural Order
    1 Eureka
    1 Omniscience

Vs blue you can board into 4 Shepherds and only green enablers (NO/Eureka) taking out SnT (also dodges Dispute, REB).

Vs nonblue the Shepherds come out for more blue disruption or more combo enablers.

This might need some tweaks but Allosaurus-powered Eureka/Vineyard/Symbiosis/NO/Oko looks like a strong way to abuse uncounterable green and a reason to play this over traditional Show and Tell variants.

3-2 in my first league since the token ended with the budget version of Châteauneuf-du-Pat, so Vineyard is 7-3 in legacy currently . It's the only mtgo deck I own so I'll be tinkering with it. I beat grixis delver, UW shark typhoon, and goblins. I lost to goblins (Muxus is scary it turns out) and UW painter combo with planeswalkers...deck was interesting and very strong vs. this.

4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Turntimber Symbiosis
    4 Eureka
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Chrome Mox
    4 Eladamri's Vineyard
    4 Show and Tell
    2 Form of the Dragon
    1 Sandwurm Convergence
    4 Griselbrand
    2 Progenitus
    3 Omniscience
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Snow-Covered Island
    4 Veil of Summer
    4 Ponder
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Swan Song

1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    3 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Echoing Truth
    2 Magus of the Vineyard
    2 Extract
    3 Swan Song
    Last edited by kinda; 02-16-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Winter Maze

Sep 2011

Great results for a budget deck!

Vineyard looks strong if you can take advantage of the mana more than most Legacy curves can.

Eureka also just got much better with Oko + Tibalt gone and fewer Coatls flying around, but does seem bad against that UW brew where you give them a free Jace, Teferi or Painter and then GG to activate Grindstone.

Yeah, Muxus is the real deal. Goblins is a serious deck now if Aether Vial isn't a 3/3 elk. There's also a turn 3 infinite combo with Conspicuous Snoop. I have Goblins in my test gauntlet for new brews, and honestly it races my combo decks sometimes.

Ended up with lots of 3-2/2-3 results plus one 1-4 with budget GU versions. The play pattern in the cantrip deck meant sand bagging vineyards quite often if your opener is missing things which isn't really wut I'd like to do. I think GR is better suited to just throw out Vineyard turn 1. Then threaten lots of stuff turn 2 like blood moon/choke protected by Veil or ceratops or level 3 hexdrinker etc.

4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Turntimber Symbiosis
    4 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    3 Taiga
    1 Dryad Arbor

4 Eladamri's Vineyard
    1 Magus of the Vineyard
    3 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Veil of Summer
    4 Blood Moon
    2 Shifting Ceratops
    1 Questing Beast
    2 Tectonic Giant
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Collector Ouphe
    3 Hexdrinker
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Elder Gargaroth
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Reclamation Sage
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Goblin Rabblemaster
    1 Fiery Confluence

3 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Choke
    1 Veil of Summer
    2 Torpor Orb
    2 Punishing Fire
    3 Cindervines
    Last edited by kinda; 02-21-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Winter Maze

Togores is streaming a GB Karn version shortly.

https://twitter.com/TogoresTcg/statu...682604546?s=19

Winter Maze

Just saw you play this deck in one of the latest ThrabenU videos.
    You're a madlad. Platinum Emperion is sweet tech.

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    Just saw you play this deck in one of the latest ThrabenU videos.
    You're a madlad. Platinum Emperion is sweet tech.

Winter Maze

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Togores is streaming a GB Karn version shortly.

https://twitter.com/TogoresTcg/statu...682604546?s=19
    YouTube video of this, at least one treasure chest was won!

https://youtu.be/bgN9sjyKWmE

Winter Maze

Sep 2011

Love this version of the brew. Blood Moon, Hexdrinker, Ceratops, Giant, and the GSZ value package are great ways to take advantage of the mana boost.

This might be the best Veil of Summer deck left in the format. Choke and Cindervines in the SB look powerful too.

I highly recommend using a different gravehate slot than Grafdigger's Cage, because Cage hoses your own GSZ. Or are you boarding out GSZ for it? It does avoid hitting Punishing Fire at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    This might be the best Veil of Summer deck left in the format.
    Move over Omnitell, beep beep!

Winter Maze

Winter Maze

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Heard a shout-out from Callum on the most recent Leaving a Legacy podcast, referencing this list. Pretty cool to see some development on such a unique deck.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Heard a shout-out from Callum on the most recent Leaving a Legacy podcast, referencing this list. Pretty cool to see some development on such a unique deck.
    It was a nice shout out! I donated a version to ThrabenU to stream which will be soon and I haven't streamed myself before but I'm going to try it during the new token weeks (begins 31/3) with some different versions of this.

Winter Maze

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

I've been playing both Vineyards in cEDH to success in my local playgroup. Of games where I dropped Vineyard early, I won 3 of 4 games so far. Of one win, I didn't drop a land til turn 5, and played entirely from rocks and Vineyard + Magus (BUG Thrasios and Tormod). With 40 life in EDH to begin, Vineyard leads into a turn 2 Doom Whisperer (to mill into Yawg Will) or Ad Naus.

Its a much better card when you want the mana last actually. There is a subtle advantage to letting everyone else get the mana before you; player(s) get into counter wars the turn before you go off, player(s) use the ramp to overcommit, player(s) are tapped out the turn you get to 4/5 mana.. once I used Scheming Symmetry to illustrate a similar concept. It can be better than Imperial Seal in EDH because it makes multiple players dangerous.

When players play more effectively with the card, they can use the mana to avoid tapping out, they can use it to blow up your board (Pernicious Deed), or they forgo the mana if they suppose using it would leave them trapped.

I like that it can be used to play around Spell Pierce and Daze.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix View Post
    I like that it can be used to play around Spell Pierce and Daze.
    Thalia, port, wasteland etc. too! Helps vs blood moon. This is my current version:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3844269#paper

Winter Maze

I streamed my first league ever on Twitch yesterday running RGW Chateauneuf-du-Pat going 2-3. Uploaded the first three matches to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI2kn_CkTPQ&t=127s and the other two are in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_59owb1rErY . RGW is definitely the meme version of the deck as you really need discard or counters to make sure the coast is clear to run out a vineyard (issue seen in the match vs Pokemoki in the video ), but it's pretty fun. BUG, BG, and possibly other versions coming soon!

4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Turntimber Symbiosis
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Knight of Autumn
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    2 Taiga
    4 Eladamri's Vineyard
    1 Birds of Paradise
    2 Aven Mindcensor
    1 Lightning Bolt
    4 Madcap Experiment
    2 Mother of Runes
    1 Garruk Relentless
    1 Questing Beast
    1 Tectonic Giant
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Collector Ouphe
    3 Hexdrinker
    1 Elder Gargaroth
    4 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Plateau
    1 Savannah
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    2 Platinum Emperion
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    1 Garruk, Primal Hunter

SB
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Deafening Silence
    3 Cindervines
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Archon of Emeria
    2 Veil of Summer
    1 Choke
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Blazing Volley
    Last edited by kinda; 03-29-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Winter Maze

Thread Information