Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chateauneuf-du-Pat AOC (Eladamri's Vineyard/Turntimber Symbiosis/Eureka)

Re: Chateauneuf-du-Pat AOC (Eladamri's Vineyard/Turntimber Symbiosis/Eureka)

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Thalia, port, wasteland etc. too! Helps vs blood moon. This is my current version:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3844269#paper
    I donated this BUG Scepter version to ItsJulian/ThrabenU to try.

Julian went 3-2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6wkg23UGyE&t=373s

Phil went 1-4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GoTjFheHoc&t=1240s

The biggest issue with the deck is matchups where T1 vineyard gets you blow out by elves or a turn 1 food chain or infect comboing out...which happened to Phil . So, I tried a new version with 3 vineyard and some duress to help not get blown out. Also, I don't recommend playing vineyard T1 G1 w/o fow if you don't know what your opponent is on. Current list:

4 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Ponder
    1 Control Magic
    3 Drown in the Loch
    1 Forest
    3 Eladamri's Vineyard
    1 Elder Gargaroth
    1 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Hexdrinker
    2 Island
    2 Isochron Scepter
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Duress
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Questing Beast
    1 Shark Typhoon
    1 Birds of Paradise
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath
    3 Verdant Catacombs

1 Collector Ouphe
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Force of Negation
    1 Carpet of Flowers
    3 Plague Engineer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Veil of Summer
    1 Control Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

I think the version you had before (0 Scepter) was stronger than this one.

I think one of the underlying problems is Scepter-Trophy isn't even that good in Legacy because opponent can still get value even if you blow things up right away (ETB triggers, planeswalker activation, playing 2 things per turn, spell-based interaction). Scepter-Chant actually locks the other player out of the game (except for instants), while Scepter-Trophy still lets them do a lot. So your deck's ceiling isn't that broken, but your floor with Vineyard is very dangerous - like giving them a turn 1 combo win or giving them mana to cast multiple things per turn.

If you use Vineyard to accelerate into cards like Karn, Blood Moon, Natural Order, Choke, Questing Beast, Tectonic... then you're getting more proactive value from your acceleration.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Perhaps Culling Ritual would be good for both adding mana and blowing up the board of small cmc teams. It could be sideboard material.

You can use Eladmari's Vineyard to invite the overextension, which is then fuel for Culling Ritual.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Sep 2011

I wonder if Arcane Laboratory is maindeckable here. Or maybe Deafening Silence. It punishes other decks for trying to use the mana to combo or play multiple small things, while you still get to use the mana for fatties and activated abilities. You just need to break the symmetry.

Thread Information