Many years ago I built a GWB “prowess” deck that managed to take down a small legacy tournament, and I think the playing spells that count as lands essentially could be decent with the new magecraft cards, and you also get a combo kill with chain of smog.

Link here to the old deck.
https://magic.facetofacegames.com/abzan-mentor-legacy/

Is running Tithe and Land Grant way more risky than just a higher land count and cantrips? Absolutely. I’m sure there is a similar type of build where you cut green for blue and the deck gets way better but this seems like a more fun space to explore.

So the general idea here is to sort of play like a fair Aggro Deck with your prowess creatures etc, but if you ever get an opening you can threaten to combo.

This might be trying to do too many things, I’m sure the greediness could be cut back in favour of more consistency but this is where I want to start. The Mox Diamonds might be too risky as well.

Bob is worth thinking about, so is a more human disruptive focus, or maybe a Dead Guy or D&T style approach with Vials more or less Herirarchs?

Grand Abolisher is also worth thinking about.

2 Noble Heirarch
4 Mother of Runes
4 Clever Luminancer
4 Leonin Lightscribe
4 Witherbloom Apprentice
2 Cabal Therapy

1 Unmask
3 Thoughtseize
3 Night's Whisper
4 Chain of Smog
3 Swords to plowshares
1 Abrupt Decay / Assassin’s trophy
4 Tithe
4 Land Grant
2 Mox Diamond

4 Marsh Flats
1 Windsweapt Heath
1 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Forest
1 Bayou
2 Savannah
4 Scrublands

Happy to hear anyones thoughts if they think this is crazy or might have some legs.