Thread: BACK ON! LOCATION CHANGE! - Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

Hybrid View

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

BACK ON! LOCATION CHANGE! - Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

OH LOOK! Kaddy has a tourney! Hopefully no dumbasses post some of the stupidest and lamest shit in this thread

This is the sequel to My first Dual Land Draft!!!!

Where: Syracuse, NY

Here is the site where you can find directions:

http://www.theredmillinn.com/pages/map.asp

Date: Saturday, August 5th, 2006.

Time: Doors open at 10 am and the tournament will start at 11:00 sharp.

Entry Fee: $25

More Prizes are being added!!!

This event will be Sanctioned, so bring your DCI number.

Prizes: A full set of Dual Lands to be drafted by the top 8. I will be posting more prizes according to attendence. And there will be a raffle for many kick ass prizes. THE DUAL LANDS ARE GURANTEED!!!!!and will be ON HAND!!!!

Selections:
    4x Underground Sea
    4x Tundra
    4x Tropical Island
    4x Volcanic Island
    4x Taiga
    4x Bayou
    4x Savannah
    4x Plateau
    4x Scrubland
    4x Badlands

Door Prizes:
    TBD
    Cookies:
    1 Dozen Peanut Butter cookies

Head Judge: Eli Kassis

Format: Legacy

Deck Registration Required!!!!

I will edit this with more updates on raffle prizes and other prizes!!!

Hope to see everyone in August!!!

Please note updated Location, entry fee, and additional prizes are being added.
    Last edited by Di; 08-03-2006 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Re: Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

Oh, cool. Kaddy has a tourney. Everyone should go.

Admin
    Oct 2003
    Redondo Beach, CA

Dude....This is awesome. I'll def. be there with a TV to host whatever video game Anwar was going to smash you in.
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

...is it just me...

or did this thread just enter the Twilight Zone...

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Oh, I'm sure Anwar is going.... going to lose!

So many people are going to this - it's going to be awesome!

dci 99991594
    Jan 2006
    leicester, MA

I still need a ride.
    Survival of the Fittest
    Enchantment
    , discard a creature card: Do whatever the fuck you want.
    :D

Re: CANCELLED! - Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

Gentlemen,
    Ed Fear speaking; I was only just made aware of the situation (3 AM Early Thursday Morning). Here are my comments in order of importance:

1. Whoever thinks they took my money playing poker really needs come on out and ante up. Name the stakes; I'll set up a feature match table and embarrass you in front of your friends (or lose terribly.)

2. I don't know the guys at Altered/game/whatever all that well but the three times I spoke with the owner it made me amazed the guy could stay in business. The last time I was trying as hard as I could to run a Yu-Gi-Oh Regional there. First he demanded a fee. I tried to explain to him that I was going to bring over a hundred Yu-Gi-Oh players and parents into his store and that he would probably make several thousands of dollars in additional sales, but this concept seemed a little out of his reach. I wanted to run some events in Syracuse for the players there because as an Upper Deck employee I felt a responsibility, so I decided I would pay the fee. We had to cancel anyway because he from rescheduling to not having enough space and just being generally rude.
    And in a related note, in the hundreds of events other people have run in my store the grand total I have charged them for the space is exactly zero. Hell, I lose money on the majority of tournaments my employees run. I host/run events so that in turn my players have a fun/safe place to play which in turn keeps them playing the game and in theory will lead to additional purchases. Maybe I should charge 50% more for my events and give out store credit for prizes which is only usable on worthless things or as a fraction of its face value. In a shocking move, at Millennium Games, $10 STORE CREDIT is worth $10 CREDIT on anything in the STORE. Shocking. We already took the StarCity Power 9 events and we should have the Magic Pre-Releases soon; there has got to be a limit to the amount of crap Gray Matter can stand. Which might sound like a bad thing to Syracuse Magic players except that it will probably finally put that place out of business so I can open you guys a decent store.
    By the way, how in gods name do you fail a fire inspection? I get one about every five years. Here's how the last one went:

INSPECTOR: Mr. Fear you have a couple problems. First of all, you have too many extension cords on the ground back there. Also you need 2 more fire extinguishers located x and y, and all your extinguishers need to be located hanging on posts/walls.

ME: Okay, any recommendations on where to purchase the extinguishers and hooks?

INSPECTOR : (This Place)

ME: Ok, I'll order the stuff right now, and call you when it comes in...

No shut down, no missed events/weekends etc. WTF is going on out there where something like this happens and can't be fixed/resolved in 5-6 days time? Napalm leaks? A family of fire elementals living behind the register?
    Sorry if I'm being unfair here, but I literally hear a dozen complaints a week about a store 70 miles away from me. That's almost impressive.

3) Last but not least, the tournament organizer/s can contact me at ed@millenniumgames.com and I can likely accommodate them for this weekend.

Ed

Ed, thanks for paying attention to our tournament woes and making a kind offer. We're trying to keep this as amiable as a last minute cancelation can be - and tempers obviously can get heated - so I took the liberty of removing a few insults about AS from your post.
    Last edited by Peter_Rotten; 08-03-2006 at 07:51 AM.

May 2005

Quote Originally Posted by EdFear
    1. Whoever thinks they took my money playing poker really needs come on out and ante up. Name the stakes; I'll set up a feature match table and embarrass you in front of your friends (or lose terribly.)
    I accept.

Sorry if I'm being unfair here, but I literally hear a dozen complaints a week about a store 70 miles away from me.
    Imagine living literally right next door to it.

At any rate this is a remarkable turnaround from the events which have unfolded over the last 24 hours. Thank you Ed for that - truly. At any rate, let's get on top of this, shall we?

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

I think the fire inspection problem probably had to do with how far back the play area is, and that is no exit except the main one. (well, that and I think one more they covered with shit).

As much as I loathe the city of Rochestor, I must give a tip of my hat to Mr. Fear.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

Small Eyed Unicorn
    Mar 2006
    RoChEsTa

So folks.. is this tournament definitely going to be held at Millenium Games and Hobbies in Rochester??? Are any plans definite yet??? I'm assuming those who would need to travel would like to know ASAP... so keep the info coming guys!!!
    Team Unicorn- "I'm Horny."

"The Wandering One" of Legacy.

"Glimmervoid, Go."

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

Well I just sent a pretty nasty e-mail to AS, or, HYPTG, or PTGRTS or whatever the hell it is now, so Mr. Fear, if you would like to open a store in syracuse I would be extremely happy, as the way Chris is I might just be banned from AS anyway now.... And I bet we could still probably get Tri County if we really tried, as that place has absolutely nothing going on in it....but a gaming store is always better in my opinion, so I vote Rochester.

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

Ah, Ed. While my name might mean little to you after so many years, I am the one who would join you in games after my scrubbing out Day one during many a Pro Tour. My favorite being at Team PTDC back in 2000(?),when we went 0-1-3.

You and I bribed the clean up crew at the hotel to let us use one of their banquet rooms for a nice sized tournament, that you lost an all-in on like the third hand, and started backing side games. I cleaned out Gallitz on pocket two's two hands in a row, then he threw his ring at me and started kicking holes in the wall. Then I won the whole deal after Justice basically gave up, and then by cleaning out Igor Freyman on a river Royal Flush. Then we got reported to the organizers and they tried to make us pay for Gallitz's damage, and we had to clean up the whole freaking room because after seeing the wall, everybody else ran. Good times.

I try never to get as close as you are to Jersey, but if you ever roll down to the D.C./VA area, I'd be more than happy to watch you go all in on every hand again. I think the only person you beat regularly was that buyer from Troll and Toad, Gaming Steve was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

The NoVanites are still in for this weekend. There's no difference between Rochester and Syracuse for us, except for lodging (would we still be staying with you, Kaddy?).
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

Thread Information