Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: THE MANA LEAK OPEN 1, Stratford, CT., September 3, 2006

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

Re: THE MANA LEAK OPEN 1, Stratford, CT., September 3, 2006

Thats just great, I cant wait to play against another 20+ Solidarity players who didnt own Resets. Proxies are not cool in Legacy.

Just because, Ill be sure and proxy 4 Shahrazards. All opposed to proxies should join my crusade.
    Last edited by Bane of the Living; 08-11-2006 at 10:52 AM.
    Now playing real formats.

Sep 2005
    Boston, MA

Wait, you mean I can proxy my 4x 1996 world champions? Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc
    Thanks for your reply. I believe it is my wording that has made you unpleasant. My fears were something like Angel Stompy ruling Legacy.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by tivadar
    Wait, you mean I can proxy my 4x 1996 world champions? Hmm...
    No that card is not tournement legal even if you did own it. You can only proxy cards that are legacy legal.

proxy 4 Sharhazards
    Holy crap I am so doing that. I'm totally going 0-0-X. Be prepared for me to burning wish and death wish for shaharazad's from the upper games into the lower games!

Asshole

Jan 2004
    Chickenango

Yeah, the proxies and non-sanctitude turn me off slightly.... But the prizes seem too saucey to care. I don't feel like driving either, maybe someone will let me tag along.

Is there a nearby drinking establishment?
    Survival will be good forever... kinda like a maraschino cherry.

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletus
    Is there a nearby drinking establishment?
    My car.

Sep 2005
    Boston, MA

Drinking in Bane's car, more incentive for me to come... Should I bring the vodka or the beer?
    Thanks for your reply. I believe it is my wording that has made you unpleasant. My fears were something like Angel Stompy ruling Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    No that card is not tournement legal even if you did own it. You can only proxy cards that are legacy legal.

Holy crap I am so doing that. I'm totally going 0-0-X. Be prepared for me to burning wish and death wish for shaharazad's from the upper games into the lower games!
    God you people are amateurs. There's only one way to play Shahrazad. First, you need Vedalken Orreries and Miraris (bonus points if you Flash Copper Gnomes into play to put Orrery into play to create a subgame in response to lethal Brain Freeze). You also need creatures with lots of Leaves Play abilities, so you can abuse the stack even more with your Wishes (Shahrazad, copy with mirari, let the copy resolve, Death Wish out a creature from the main game and put its leaves ability on the stack in the main game).
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien
    God you people are amateurs. There's only one way to play Shahrazad. First, you need Vedalken Orreries and Miraris (bonus points if you Flash Copper Gnomes into play to put Orrery into play to create a subgame in response to lethal Brain Freeze). You also need creatures with lots of Leaves Play abilities, so you can abuse the stack even more with your Wishes (Shahrazad, copy with mirari, let the copy resolve, Death Wish out a creature from the main game and put its leaves ability on the stack in the main game).
    Yes but I don't ever plan on returning to an upper game, just keep making more sub games withing sub games until time is called.

Sep 2005
    Boston, MA

Yes but I don't ever plan on returning to an upper game, just keep making more sub games withing sub games until time is called.
    Hmm, and I thought meddling was to name high tide or cunning wish. I'm going to have a hard time naming Shahrazad with meddling, seeing as I'm not entirely even sure how it's supposed to be pronounced. Thank god Zzzyxas's Abyss isn't legal!

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien
    So thats 2 Shahrazad decks.. Or is that 3 Anusien? Comon people get on the band wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by tivadar
    Drinking in Bane's car, more incentive for me to come... Should I bring the vodka or the beer?
    VODKA

I can't go, but if I go, I'd run a serious deck. To do any less is to endanger what is potentially the biggest non-Wizards run tournament for Legacy. Plus, if you don't like having proxies, do two things: A) Go and don't use them. He's only allowing them because he thinks people might need/want them to break into the format. B) Politely ask next time for a sanctioned tournament, and have your friends do the same.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Perhaps my brain is simply too sleep starved, but why isn't the 1996 World Championship card legal? Where does it say that? The fact that only one exists & it is in a vault somewhere doesn't invalidate it. If it is legal (and IamFishman is the one to say as it is his tournament & it's already non-sanctioned) I know exactly what deck I am going to play :) If it is not legal, the proxies have one positive effect - we know it will be a field packed with Solidarity (yes everyone DOES own Resets), Faerie Stompy (yes everyone DOES own Sea Drake) and Gro (simply the best deck in the format...and now you don't need either Forces or 4x duals :) Wait, a Legacy metagame at a huge turnament that IS predictable? That could be good.....

Oh, and Nate? Feel free to run Shaharazads....I'll dodge you in the first round and then track your progress at the tables on the bottom by the anguished screams of your opponents :) Protest is a fine thing....futile & self-destructive protest? Not so much....
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg
    Perhaps my brain is simply too sleep starved, but why isn't the 1996 World Championship card legal? Where does it say that? The fact that only one exists & it is in a vault somewhere doesn't invalidate it. If it is legal (and IamFishman is the one to say as it is his tournament & it's already non-sanctioned) I know exactly what deck I am going to play :) If it is not legal, the proxies have one positive effect - we know it will be a field packed with Solidarity (yes everyone DOES own Resets), Faerie Stompy (yes everyone DOES own Sea Drake) and Gro (simply the best deck in the format...and now you don't need either Forces or 4x duals :) Wait, a Legacy metagame at a huge turnament that IS predictable? That could be good.....

Oh, and Nate? Feel free to run Shaharazads....I'll dodge you in the first round and then track your progress at the tables on the bottom by the anguished screams of your opponents :) Protest is a fine thing....futile & self-destructive protest? Not so much....
    I did do some research on this awile back thinking about playing it in oath at a type 1 where proxies where allowed. I did eventually find out that it was not legal. Let me go search again to find out exactly why.

I did do some research on this awile back thinking about playing it in oath at a type 1 where proxies where allowed. I did eventually find out that it was not legal. Let me go search again to find out exactly why.
    Woot, someone else is bored at work too.

On Topic:
    I am thinking of going to this now that I am 90 minutes away, though driving by myself seems less than fun.

Maybe I will even play a different deck than Solidarity.
    Perhaps:
    Faerie Stompy (yes everyone DOES own Sea Drake)
    When did Sea Drake become so damn hard to find and valuable?
    For me it would be proxied Psionic Blasts (I really should have bought them when SCG had them on sale) and Sea Sprites

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer
    I am thinking of going to this now that I am 90 minutes away, though driving by myself seems less than fun.
    Oh don't worry you won't have to drive by yourself. All you have to do is put up the virginian people and we can go together!

Edit: on the 1996 world champion thing. The card is not in the gatherer data base. So therefore it cannot be legal in any tournaments. I think I had better reason before, but I believe this one is just as valid.

I have already made the offer to Anwar with no real response.
    Curse you Virginians and your inability to plan more than 12 hours in advance.

EDIT: I am suddenly feeling very Texan.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

I was talking to Anwar yesterday about this, he is the one that mentioned it to me. He doubts he will we going since he will have job+school. But I am interested in going as I am sure other NoVa people. All they have to do is contact me. I don't want to be waiting till the last minute this time. I don't want to hear the morning of "Hey who is giving me a ride", because guess what, you arn't going then. I want to have final plans for who is going at least a week in advance. So if you want to go message me or else you probably won't be going.

And I too feel like a Texan, using threads to pm each other, however other peope are probably interested in this conversation.

He doubts he will we going since he will have job+school.
    Whatever, It is Labor Day Weekend, job + school shouldn't enter into the equation. I guess he doesn't want his share of the SCG contest prize.

@ all those persons who oppose proxies

myself and the store that I go to will definitely be attending this tournament with roughly 8 people going. however, we are just breaking into legacy and as such we do not have all of the required number of duals and such that makes the format possible to play with no proxies. ray has already said that there will be additional prizes for those whom play without proxies.

as for how the proxies will be drawn on. why don't we just all agree that they will be made up in accordance to the way that ray specifies for all waterbury tournaments. that is...you take a land (preferably a plains) cross out the word plains, the card type, etc and then write in what the card does as neatly as possible. they will not be perfectly legible. yet they will be ok. besides why do you seek to restrict access to the tournament completely? allowing only 5 proxies ensures that some money must be spent anyway. (forces still needed for solidarity, duals or forces for thresh etc)

as for the person who said that the tournament will not be as competitive as someone who has attended many waterbury tournaments i can assure you that while waterbury was not as competitive as when i played in us nats it was at least as competitive as say regionals. the fact is that people still want to win.

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

I can hear that in tone your voice!! We are Virginians, but I guess you aren't?? I knew you were a turncoat all along. Pretending to be nice to the Virginians, but you were a New Yorker all along!!!

Oh by the way, I always hear you are going to play something else, but then you decide to beat people over the head with Solidarity. I would love to see you play Red Death, but I fear it will be a cold day in Hell before that happens!!

Thread Information