Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2665

Thread: [Deck] 43 Lands

Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Your list looks pretty standard and i want ot congrat you for pushing lands despite the result (which is just a circunstance).

Some ups and down of your list:

-Why did you choose U-sea? Maybe a second bayou or the 3rd trop are better options. Remember that you actualy run 4 mox, urborg and 1 bayou for getting 1 black mana.

GC.
    I run Usea because in my "original" list, there where 2 Entomb and a Raven's Crime.
    I find I lack black mana and then I cut one Tropical Island for Usea, and push the count of Misty Rainforest to 2.
    I didn't make mana change because I just take with me Entomb and Crop Rotation, and then choose Crop Rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by markkugel View Post
    I run Usea because in my "original" list, there where 2 Entomb and a Raven's Crime.
    I find I lack black mana and then I cut one Tropical Island for Usea, and push the count of Misty Rainforest to 2.
    I didn't make mana change because I just take with me Entomb and Crop Rotation, and then choose Crop Rotation.
    ok---my comments were considering crop main

I think crop rotation is too good to not play in the main, regardless of intuition/combo build. It's just too strong, and the chance of you combo-ing off at instant speed puts many players on tilt and they play worse as a result.

Races combo too.

It was the first time I played with Crop Rotation main in a tournament (not THAT large, but ok, 6 swiss rounds).
    I'm very happy with Crop Rotation and I will keep in the main for a good while.

I'm a bit disappointed with my result from my last tournament, but I only play-tested 3 days with my friends.
    So, tricks and co from Tolarian, Academy ore Thicket are now know.
    The hardest to learn is which opening 7 should be kept or mulliganed function of the matchup.
    I should mulliganed more into Explosive for UWR Delver.
    For UW Miracles, I still dont know what kind of hand should be kept or not.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Got to borrow the deck that Tyrio Top 8'd SCG Nash with from him tonight. Oh. So much fun. First time I have ever played lands before. I loved it. Went 3-0-3 (I dont think I played slower than I usually do, I'm just getting used to playing 15-20 turns EVERY game).

R1 0-0-1 Jund

He won game 1 On the back of DRS and Bob if I remember and I get PFired out. Game 2 I grind him down and he eventually scoops when I am PFiring him ftw. Game 3 we hit turns. I am 2 and 4. If I had been 1-3-5 I could have Intuitioned and made Lage and won on T5. Unfortunately I punt around and almost lose due to being bad and doing a poor intuition pile. Fortunately he also punts and taps his only red source that can cast a lethal PFire.

R2 1-0-1 Shardless Counterbalance BUG (with lots of basics)

He gets a pile of walkers out and I feel like I am dead. He doesnt ultimate liliana when he has her at 7 with a jace at 5 and CB/Top on board. I sneak EE for 3 (with 4 CMC thanks to wasteland) around his CB and blow Lily up. Next turn I recur it on upkeep and blow jace up. Then he eventually realizes the writing is on the wall while I keep recurring EE to destroy anything he can deploy and scoops. Game 2 I Just Pfire everything, have Exploration out and get lage out and he cant beat it

R3 2-0-1 Mono Red Sneak Attack

I heard him talking about playing "All in Red" before the tourney so I assume it means Sneak Attack. I have the misers Gamble and T1 Gamble for Ensnaring Bridge. I get to keep it. He doesnt have a very fast hand and I get bridge out. I slowly am PFiring him while he sits back and hopes to just draw enough Inferno Titans to kill me. He eventually scoops. Game 2 We go into a top deck war I port him off of mana for a bit, but he eventually gets a blood moon down. I fortunately rip a revoker, Name Sneak Attack, then rip another revoker and name Griselbrand. He shows me his hand after I beat him down and it has both of those cards in it.

R4 2-0-2 GB "Rock?"

It's Tyrio. he is undefeated and paired down. I offer to ID with him since he lent me the deck. He refuses and say we should battle anyway. I seem to have a god hand of T1 Mox Diamond, Exploration, Land, Land, Loam, T2 Intuition. Unfortunately I punt around timing the DD with his wasteland and when I finally make lage, I am at 4 and he has a Geths Verdict for him. I Tolaria West for Glacial Chasm to keep alive, unfortunately I cant keep my loam alive due to Bojuka Bog and he grinds me out. Game 2 I Take early control, he doesnt rip many lands, and I PFire him to death. Game 3 he Extirpates the Loams :( and I durdle around. He gets liliana and I am forced to Intuition for 3 Tolaria West to get a Grove of the Burnwillows to keep PFire going. Unfortunately we go to time and I cant kill him fast enough.

R5 Reanimator

He is paried down and with ID he gets in. I have a very good chance of getting in so I say screw it and we ID.

Top 8 vs Esper Delver Blade

Something like that. I get early Tabernacle after he gets bob and bob draws him a lot of cards but no lands and he is stuck with 1 lands for awhile until he gets another plus delver. Fortunately His draws arent overly strong and my deck just thrashes him for the most part. Game 2 he mulled to 4, said fuck it, and gave me the win.

So I didn't technically lose a match all night despite punting around and durdling to time a lot! The deck is great, I loved playing it, and I look forward to joining the ranks of Lands players at some point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Jund should be a bye, but it really helps to know what your opp is on and if you need the early answer to drs. Based on your activity I thought you already played lands? Those Intuitions can be very forgiving, but getting the right pile is another learning curve in the deck.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Jund should be a bye, but it really helps to know what your opp is on and if you need the early answer to drs. Based on your activity I thought you already played lands? Those Intuitions can be very forgiving, but getting the right pile is another learning curve in the deck.
    I have been contemplating building it and I like the deck a lot. I played Aggro Loam for awhile. Lands is a whole different beast however
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Has anybody tested Course of Kruphix?

When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    Jun 2008
    NE Ohio

Has anybody tested Course of Kruphix?
    Seems bad unless you have it in the opener, or you run volrath's stronghold, and make it to turn 10...
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

Quote Originally Posted by OneBigSquirrelGod View Post
    Seems bad unless you have it in the opener, or you run volrath's stronghold, and make it to turn 10...
    Honestly, it just seems bad. If you try it and it works out, let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by KntrellCL View Post
    Meddling mage soubds really good, but i should tweak the manabase a little (going up to 4 fetchs) because i dont think i can hit uw consistently right now

Thats what you should do if there are too many moon effects in your meta...

Also, you may want 4 krosan grips in the sb and play 4 fetchs so you can get your forest out as quickly as possible.
    Nice to meet you KntrellCL!! could you tell us something about you passat GP side events!?

GC
    Last edited by GoldenCid; 03-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Hi everyone, after a long time not playing magic, I restarted playing and built a RG combolands deck.
    I played my first tournament since long yesterday (although the deck wasn't complete yet, as you'll see).
    Since I follow this thread for some time to build the deck, I'll post my results here, I would appreciate some feedback!

My decklist:
    4 life from the loam
    4 punishing fire
    4 crop rotation
    4 gamble
    2 manabond
    4 exploration
    4 mox diamond

2 forest
    1 badlands
    1 taiga
    4 wooded foothills
    1 bloodstained mire
    3 maze of ith
    3 wasteland
    4 rishadan port
    1 the tabernacle at pendrell vale
    1 grove of the burnwillows
    1 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    1 bojuka bog
    3 dark depths
    4 thespian's stage
    1 glacial chasm
    3 tranquil thicket

3 Krosan Grip
    2 pithing needle
    4 inquisition of kozilek
    4 duress
    1 raven's crime
    1 chalice of the void

I actually wanted to play 4 groves, and play spheres of resistance and thorn of amethyst in the side (probably four of them both), but couldn't gather them in time so I used 8 1CCdiscardspells (duress and inquisition). I played 6 rounds in a 34-people tournament, went 3-1-2.

R1: Miracles 2-0
    G1 went a long time, but I lost after he dealt with the token 3 times (2x terminus, 1 swords), counterbalance and top locked my loam out. G2 I boarded in 8 discardspells, which I used turn 1 to discard a swords, and see that he had nothing relevant. I went for the token as fast as possible (turn 3 with urborg), during my turn four he blocked it with a flashed vendilion clique (wasnt there when I played duress), next turn he played a karakas (also wasnt there before) and bounced my token. I manascrewed myself because I croprotated a green manasource earlier for depths-stage-urborg, with jace he kept me colorscrewed and won.

R2: shardless BUG 2-0
    Two quick wins, this seems a very good matchup, without sideboardcards that are very threatening, looking back at it.
    I sided 2 needles game 2 for deathrite shaman.

R3: UWR Delver 2-0
    He did not play basics, and I wastelocked him two games.
    I sideboarded again 8 discardcards (some lands, 3 pfire and 2 manabond out) in to get an early RIP, or a swords before I made the token.

R4: BWU 1-1-1
    I won game 1, although he blew up my first turn double mox with his first turn engineered explosives.
    G2 I sided again 8 discardspells, and it got me a Rip. He played lingering souls some times for many tokens, which i tried to deal with by Pfire. The game took a long time, and he landed RIP and eventually won through equipped tokens and batterskull after swording my token. We only played a couple of turns G3 and went overtime, but he had RIP on the field by then, so i feel lucky for this draw.

R5: UWR Delver 0-2
    G1 I went for the token as fast as possible, but received hits by a delver and a single bolt. The turn I would make the token (which would bring me back in the game, even when he sworded me and giving me 20 life, I had loam in hand) I was at 5 life, and he had 2x bolt to finish me.
    G2 I lost because he spellpierced all my keyspells, also 1 crop rotation which set me back. Perhaps I played them to fast (left 1 mana open for a possible daze, but not 2). He got meddling mage into play, naming loam, and through stoneforge mystic he protected it from Pfire with swords of fire and ice.

R6: Enchantress 2-1
    G1 surprised me as I don't know this deck very well, with elephant grass he bought himself enough time to get his drawengine going, and eventually hardcasting emrakul. Rishadan port worked here, by tapping his enchanted lands.
    G2 I took him by speed, by gambling turn 1 for manabond. Even though he slowed me down a lot with suppression field (fetchlands, cycling, etc cost 2 more), I outspeeded him through manabond, loam and cyclelands.
    G3 I had a firstturn exploration, which made a quick combo possible with crop rotation at his end of turn (he did have elephant grass in his hand, but didn't play it because he felt safe with only 1 combopiece on the table).

My enjoyed playing it a lot, but found white decks with both swords and RIP and especially miracles very difficult, as I lost twice against them, 1 draw, only 1 win. Are there tips when playing against these decks (especially miracles)?
    I did only run discard because I lacked spheres and thorns, but they did work for me against these white cards (get RIP, or swords before comboing). In the meantime I suppose they remain a good T1 answer against combo (which I didn't face). Does anybody have experience with discard? Or should I opt for manadenial through spheres and thorns instead?

Regards - Tewatate
    Last edited by tewatate; 03-18-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Interesting that you have such success with such an atypical list!

Interesting that you have such success with such an atypical list!
    Thanks!
    I had the impression that my opponents didn't know very well how to play against lands.
    Some fun stuff that happened:
    Opponent forgot to pay for Tabernacle, flipped Delver dies.
    Judge is called because my opponent thinks that I forgot to pay for my token (because of Tabernacle). But it is indestructible.
    An opponent sided in Engineered Explosives, and drops two for X=0, probably assuming that he is now safe. When he attempts to blow the token, he finds out that he can't (indestructible), but that he did blow up his own second Explosive.
    Opponent (UWR Delver) misses his second landdrop, I croprotate for wasteland while having loam in hand for wastelock.

Quote Originally Posted by tewatate View Post
    Thanks!
    I had the impression that my opponents didn't know very well how to play against lands.
    Some fun stuff that happened:
    Opponent forgot to pay for Tabernacle, flipped Delver dies.
    Judge is called because my opponent thinks that I forgot to pay for my token (because of Tabernacle). But it is indestructible.
    An opponent sided in Engineered Explosives, and drops two for X=0, probably assuming that he is now safe. When he attempts to blow the token, he finds out that he can't (indestructible), but that he did blow up his own second Explosive.
    Opponent (UWR Delver) misses his second landdrop, I croprotate for wasteland while having loam in hand for wastelock.

Remember. Tabernacle does not destroy creatures. Makes you and your opo sacrifice them.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Remember. Tabernacle does not destroy creatures. Makes you and your opo sacrifice them.
    That's wrong. Tabernacle the land gives all creatures the effect of "pay one mana or destroy this creature".

Nice to meet you KntrellCL!! could you tell us something about you passat GP side events!?

GC

Nice to meet you too, GC! I had a great time in Argentina, everyone was very kind and played very well at both tournaments.

I made some changes since the last deck list and they worked very good.

-1 Maze of Ith (4th copy) for 1 Dark Depths

-1 Ghost Quarter for 1 Thespian's Stage

-1 Creeping Tar Pit for 1 Bojuka Bog

-1 Fetchland for 1 Karakas (2nd copy main)

Deck list

4 Life from the Loam

3 Intuition

4 Exploration

4 Mox Diamond

2 Manabond

3 Punishing Fire

2 Engineered Explosives

1 Ensnaring Bridge

1 Zuran Orb

4 Wasteland

4 Rishadan Port

3 Maze of Ith

1 Thespian's Stage

2 Grove of the Burnwillows

1 Forest

3 Tropical Island

2 Taiga

1 Bayou

1 Wooded Foothills

1 Misty Rainforest

1 Verdant Catacombs

2 Tranquil Thicket

3 Tolaria West

1 Bojuka Bog

1 Glacial Chasm

2 Karakas

1 Academy Ruins

1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

1 Dark Depths

SB

4 Dark Confidant

4 Chalice of the Void

3 Sphere of Resistance

3 Krosan Grip

1 Engineered Explosives

Day 1:

First round I played against Jund

First game was very fast as I locked him out with manabond loam and wasteland. I didnt see much of the deck, but I boarded in 4 Bobs, 4 Chalice and 1 Engineered Explosives. He played Scavenging Ooze as anti GY SB, but they got Pfire'd every time since he didnt have much mana.

1-0

Round 2 UWR Patriot

Game one was very grindy, I didnt take control of his lands so I took the long way of locking him up with engineered explosives and wait until he conceded. Game 2 i put an early Marit Lage which got STP giving me enough time to take control of the board.

2-0

Round 3 BUG Cascade

My intial hand was sick. I was on the play with land, exploration, fetch mox into loam with wasteland back up and scoops after a few turns since I can waste his fetchs land and his lands. Game 2 I lost with a huge board and DRS. Game 3 I take the same control as game 1 and GG.

3-0

Round 4 Elves!

First game was very intensive. I was on the play (I knew he was on Elves) and kept a hand with engineered explosives, loam and punishing fire... he puts a Leyline of the Void and that was it... I played an Engineered Explosives for 1 making him to play around it. I had to cast intuition for almost no value (first pile was 2 lands I need plus Tolaria west, get the west) and then another intuition for Tabernacle, glacial and Tolaria... got to double transmute for the combo, take down some Elves with my turn 1 Explosive and lost 1 turn before I could put my Marit Lage.

Game 2 and 3 I put double chalice at 1 and won game 3 on turns with Lage.

4-0

Round 5 Jace control

I was very familiar with this deck since I played a very similar list last year, it was a RUG control deck with jace, punishing fire, explosives, etc... his mana base was very greedy and scooped after a few wastelands and punishing him until he got bored.

Game 2 i was afraid of have not seeing enough of the deck and sb in krosan grip any way with bobs and chalice.... he counter'd my chalice turn 1 and my bob got into play turn 2 and gets me 3 extra cards until he got blocked with a snapcaster mage. But i got karakas, port, stage depths combo in play... so end of turn I tapped his Karakas, put Lage into play, bounce his vendilion and take the win.

Day 2

This tournament was veeeery special for me since I got 2 game losses and 1 Warning hahaha.

First round I got GL for being 6 minutes late after being waiting almost 2 hours for the tournament get started.

UWR Miracles...

First couples of turns I didnt realize he was on Miracles since he got a lot of dual lands on the first turns, but after seing some basic lands I figured out (Probably he send me a lot of signs with ponders, not playing any bolt, etc but I was very tilted with the GL since it was my first GL in my entire life). So I took again, the long road of academy ruins lock and scoops. Second game i was afraid of the worst.... Blood Moon and Rest in Peace combo...

Game 2 I had depths 1 rishadan port 1 forest in hand with mox diamond and bob... so I discard the Forest in hope to get some value from my port and landed bob... he puts a Blood moon into play and bounce 3 times my bob with jace (I guess he took out STP since he didnt try to dig for answers) and finally Grip his blood moon and port all the red sources... until he finds another fetch and play the second blood moon and the first rest in peace... so now I can get helm any time, I attacked with bob like it was no tomorrow (i supposed he took out snapcaster mage since he put RIP in) and stole the game with an EOT grip his moon and put marit lage on play.

Second Round i got paired with a Chilean friend... what a bummer :( aaaaaaaand I got a warning since I dredge 3 cards away and the 4th card got flip. He didnt realize but I call the judge and got my deck shuffle (it was an ensnaring bridge)

He was on merfolks with relic of progenitus main x4.

Game 1 he puts 2 lords, 1 cursedcatcher and a mutavault which got wastelanded... countered my first punishing fire with the second* lord on the stack to finally get everything blown out with engineered explosives at 2

Game 2 was very tight since he landed a relic of progenitus, but he tapped his mana (Except for 1 fetchland) to cast a True name nemesis... my turn I play explosives for 1, tapped his fetchland with port and blown my explosives in respond. Got down into 9 lives until I landed the third punishing fire and GG.

Round 2 ended very quickly but I stay there all the time asking how much it was left... on the third time I asked... i got 1 minute late into the table and got a second game loss... -.-

Round 3 Tin fins

I was on the play (0-1) and my deck seems to be connected with me hahaha I play land exploration into wasteland... my oponent plays an underground sea ponder.... turn 2 play a second wasteland, mox diamond into intuition for depths stage loam and waste his land away. T2 he plays a delta into brainstorm and pass... T3 I dredge, cast loam and put lage turn 3 (since he cant cast a liliana and played around wasteland) he conceded.

Since I didnt see anything else except for ponder, brainstorm and deltas... I put him in reanimator, tin fins, tes or still in some UB control) so chalice, bob, spheres comes into play....

he plays a lands and pass... i put a chalice at 1 and he brainstorm in response... it pass... turn 2 I play a port and pass... turn 3 I play a bob and a sphere and GG

Round 4 and 5 intentional draw with a maverick and a jund deck which it was very convenient for me to see them in the top 8.

Top 8 I got paired against a BUG deck... I was on the play (since i got better place in the swiss rounds) I mull to 5 cards and lost to 3 DRS and see no engineered Explosives...

Game 2 I call the judge because he was looking at the deck everytime he shuffle and i had already told him... he got a warning. I manage to put 3 Bobs and 2 maze against his 2 lands and goyf... attacking for 6... taking back the blocked bob and a back up maze for his goyf.

Game 3 I kept an OK hand with triple engineered explosives... He plays a delver turn 1, I put enginereed... turn two he flips his delver showing an abrupt decay and plays a second delver... went to 17... turn 3 he tried to flip his delver and fails (i was upset with that, since I want to blow both of them with a second explosives) but I cant put the second engineered without 4 mana (making his decay very valuable) so I took the damage like a man... finally I stabilize the table but got hymn to tourach (taking my third explosive and a land, it was strange to keep hymn to tourach for game 3... nevermind) and went to top deck mode... and he lands a bob... I got LFTL but no accelerations... he lands a lot of threats and I started to dig for answers... get 2 maze of iths (i was expecting for Punishing fire since I had grove of the burnwillows in hand and maze cant produce mana, making my mana development worst) until he overrun me with goyf, ooze, delver, bob and double DRS -.- GG

I made 8-1-2 in total and had a really good time meeting new players. My colegues also made into top 8 (3rd place and 8nd)... so we went to a nice restourant and celebrate

May be I would play again Tar Pit main and put Dark Depths in SB instead of the 3rd engineered Explosives... since people are keeping STP main deck in game 2, making my bobs less valuable!

Jess Cantrell Zalaquett
    Last edited by KntrellCL; 03-20-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Congrats!! It is a good performance for lands. Respect to what you said about removal and bob i think that keeping stp/bolt in g2 is one of the drawbacks of running marita.
    Creeping as a good land can be sac to zuran in resp to removal....it is all about testing i guess

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

I've been lurking in the thread for a while, and having finally picked up a Tabernacle, am about to launch on my maiden voyage with the deck. I played the Kasper Euser Bant list at SCG St. Louis, but that is my only real experience with the archetype (and it is of course a drastically different deck). This is the list I am considering taking to a Legacy Super IQ next month:

4 Mox Diamond
    4 Exploration
    2 Engineered Explosives
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Zuran Orb

4 Life From the Loam
    3 Intuition
    3 Punishing Fire
    2 Crop Rotation

1 Academy Ruins
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    3 Maze of Ith
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Tolaria West
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    3 Green Fetch
    2 Taiga
    1 Glacial Chasm
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Bayou
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port

SB
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Phyrexian Revoker

These are the concerns/issues I have with the list:
    • Tutor Package: I am a huge fan of Intuition, and love all the value piles. It is a bit slower, and I tried to acknowledge that with the inclusion of a pair of Crop Rotations. I prefer to stay away from Gambles and Entombs, but could be convinced to try them out.
    • Splash Color: This is only in regards to the sideboard, but I opted for black (Dark Confidants) over white (Thalia/Canonist). I have seen enough lists each way that I feel it is just personal preference, but again am open to suggestions. I am hoping that the colorless hate with D-conf acceleration will suffice.
    • Creeping Tar Pit: I wanted another way to battle walkers, not sure if this is me being overly scared or a nice addition. Does give me another source for my black splash. That being said, I'm not sure Bayou + Moxen + Bog is enough to reliably activate it.
    • MD Omissions: A singleton Manabond felt a bit too arbitrary for me, so I opted for tutors (Crop Rotation) and a Tutorable powerful effect (Crucible) instead. I also wouldn't mind finding a way to squeeze in a 2/2 combo split.
    • Sideboard Options: I wouldn't mind Ensnaring Bridge, additional Revokers, or Swan Songs. Just not sure of the optimal configuration of all the hate. A third EE here or even in the main would also be nice for TNN matchups.
    I realize most of the options are subjective, but would love to hear opinions from the Lands community. Any tips or advice for a first-timer would also be appreciated!

Cut the second taiga for the thicket if you really want it.

You can find my list a page or so back, I split the finals of a 56 person tourney, my list has thicket and a 2-2 combo split, same tutor package as you.

Thread Information