Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2665

Thread: [Deck] 43 Lands

Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

Or the ghost quarter

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkii View Post
    Cut the second taiga for the thicket if you really want it.

You can find my list a page or so back, I split the finals of a 56 person tourney, my list has thicket and a 2-2 combo split, same tutor package as you.
    I got a lot of inspiration from your list if you couldn't tell

I think it might be worth just cutting a Taiga/the Tar Pit for the other 2 combo pieces. Looking at my list now I realize I had already squeezed a Thicket in, I will go back and edit.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Or the ghost quarter

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk
    Do you not like the option to bleed a deck out of basics, or just feel that it is one of the more expendable utility lands?

Quote Originally Posted by baboontilt View Post
    I've been lurking in the thread for a while, and having finally picked up a Tabernacle, am about to launch on my maiden voyage with the deck. I played the Kasper Euser Bant list at SCG St. Louis, but that is my only real experience with the archetype (and it is of course a drastically different deck). This is the list I am considering taking to a Legacy Super IQ next month:

4 Mox Diamond
    4 Exploration
    2 Engineered Explosives
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Zuran Orb

4 Life From the Loam
    3 Intuition
    3 Punishing Fire
    2 Crop Rotation

1 Academy Ruins
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    3 Maze of Ith
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Tolaria West
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    3 Green Fetch
    2 Taiga
    1 Glacial Chasm
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Bayou
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port

SB
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Phyrexian Revoker

These are the concerns/issues I have with the list:
    • Tutor Package: I am a huge fan of Intuition, and love all the value piles. It is a bit slower, and I tried to acknowledge that with the inclusion of a pair of Crop Rotations. I prefer to stay away from Gambles and Entombs, but could be convinced to try them out.
    • Splash Color: This is only in regards to the sideboard, but I opted for black (Dark Confidants) over white (Thalia/Canonist). I have seen enough lists each way that I feel it is just personal preference, but again am open to suggestions. I am hoping that the colorless hate with D-conf acceleration will suffice.
    • Creeping Tar Pit: I wanted another way to battle walkers, not sure if this is me being overly scared or a nice addition. Does give me another source for my black splash. That being said, I'm not sure Bayou + Moxen + Bog is enough to reliably activate it.
    • MD Omissions: A singleton Manabond felt a bit too arbitrary for me, so I opted for tutors (Crop Rotation) and a Tutorable powerful effect (Crucible) instead. I also wouldn't mind finding a way to squeeze in a 2/2 combo split.
    • Sideboard Options: I wouldn't mind Ensnaring Bridge, additional Revokers, or Swan Songs. Just not sure of the optimal configuration of all the hate. A third EE here or even in the main would also be nice for TNN matchups.
    I realize most of the options are subjective, but would love to hear opinions from the Lands community. Any tips or advice for a first-timer would also be appreciated!
    That decks seems about right, may be you can trim it a lit bit more.

Crucible of Worlds is decays food and you can fetch it naturally without intuition... i would replace it with something else... right now im with 1 bond (my 5th exploration for intuitions).

12 untapped green sources is a very good ratio in sources / utility lands making space for the second tranquil thicket (remember, thicket is GY hate counter and is your draw engines in games you didnt control the lands quickly enough and need to find answers).

I personally cut Ghost Quarter... is a good land, but if I cant win taking all his non basic with wasteland and basics with port... probably did something wrong, making ghost quarter a win more. Against death n taxes and miracles its almost hilarious.

With punishing fire, you can take control of planeswalker very well, and since you are not playing ensnaring bridge, your way to go in should be dark depths... we have always play 1 manland

SB I play the same as you but ensnaring bridge instead of revoker

Quote Originally Posted by baboontilt View Post
    I
    Do you not like the option to bleed a deck out of basics, or just feel that it is one of the more expendable utility lands?
    Yeah i like the idea off course, but i think that we dont need to invest the loam-quarter machine so many timesto win the game.
    Im lover of zuran - loam - chasm lock until we get the 20/20 active!

Yeah i like the idea off course, but i think that we dont need to invest the loam-quarter machine so many timesto win the game.
    Im lover of zuran - loam - chasm lock until we get the 20/20 active!
    A question regarding chasm. For now I have it in maindeck, but I always seem to side it out G2.
    And I have been thinking about dropping it entirely (I run it in a combo-heavy list, where it makes more sense to focus less on control).
    Is that a very unwise thing to do (as it is maindecked in every posted decklist), or could it be acceptable in a combo-heavy list?
    Last edited by tewatate; 03-21-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tewatate View Post
    A question regarding chasm. For now I have it in maindeck, but I always seem to side it out G2.
    And I have been thinking about dropping it entirely (I run it in a combo-heavy list, where it makes more sense to focus less on control).
    Is that a very unwise thing to do (as it is maindecked in every posted decklist), or could it be acceptable in a combo-heavy list?
    Chasm isn't very good imo. I cut it from the main and then from the sideboard of a list similar to the Kurt Spiess SCG Baltimore list, and I haven't regretted it.

Chasm is inherently there to protect yourself during a drawn-out game. By focusing on the combo and faster wins, you don't need the chasm--it's not part of the mana denial package (the thing that sets combo lands apart from other combo decks) and it doesn't do anything for you in the short game. I wouldn't even consider it except as sideboard tech against burn for a combolands build, and even then I'd probably get a 2nd zuran orb in the board against burn before I'd add in chasm. Now, for the control-oriented blue builds, I feel that chasm is necessary since chasm + thespian's stage gives you a perpetual lock-out against most fair decks, particularly if you have a zuran orb or an explore out.

elves had almost no outs against chasm, neither does dredge, reanimator and other decks

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by KntrellCL View Post
    elves had almost no outs against chasm, neither does dredge, reanimator and other decks
    Reanimator has MD Rider or Tidespout, but chasm is definitely MD in a large event. For lgs I can see it being weak if you don't have a belcher guy to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Reanimator has MD Rider or Tidespout, but chasm is definitely MD in a large event. For lgs I can see it being weak if you don't have a belcher guy to worry about.
    yes, you are right... tidespout is just so powerful against us :( that's why im playing 2 crop main to give some more value to bojuka bog

I see any version of lands as a control deck. The fact that we have a combo in side does not chance my focus. I cant get lands as a combo deck simply becasue it has not the arquitecture of a combo deck. Like enchantress we win with a "combo" but we must control the table because we have no resilience if the combo gets crapped.

GC.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

I see any version of lands as a control deck. The fact that we have a combo in side does not chance my focus. I cant get lands as a combo deck simply becasue it has not the arquitecture of a combo deck. Like enchantress we win with a "combo" but we must control the table because we have no resilience if the combo gets crapped.

GC.
    TNN has made chasm and crucible an auto inclusion in current lists. This combo is too strong against such a non-interactive threat. Just resolve Orb and is gg from there.

Nov 2007
    Germany

I think this is not true of the RG Kurt Spiess inspired version of the deck. Sure, your mana denial keeps them busy somewhat but you will win most of your games by 'comboing' on an otherwise non-stable board.

GC.
    This discussion reveals some interesting differences between the bluebased control version and the RG comboversion. With the comboversion you can choose to be agressive or controlling, and I find myself focussing a lot more on comboing out than controlling the game. There isnt alot your opponent can do against the token, except to swords it. And it comes down real fast with 7 or 8 1-mana-tutors. If it is exiled, you still gained 20 life, which gives you a lot of time to reassemble with loam (G2 RIP changes that though).

I think I will experiment with Sejiri Steppe in the side, increasing the focus on protecting the token or pushing through 20 damage past blockers.

This is from the point of view from RG combolands (based on what Kurt Spiess played and refined in 3 starcitytourneys), so definitely not for the bluebased version (with which I also haven't got experience).

For those of you interested, I've been doing a bit of streaming with Lands over the last several days. I've played 4 dailies total, 3 on stream 1 not, and I've gone 3-1 twice and 2-2 twice, with one of the 2-2's being a 3-1 if I had played tighter and one of the 3-1's being a 4-0 for the same reason. I've 3-1'd with both Intuition lands and R/G combo lands, I'm leaning more towards the combo one as it just seems so much more powerful. Anyway, the broadcasts should be recorded at www.twitch.tv/cuthbertthecat , and I plan on doing a lot more streaming with lands in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbertthecat View Post
    For those of you interested, I've been doing a bit of streaming with Lands over the last several days. I've played 4 dailies total, 3 on stream 1 not, and I've gone 3-1 twice and 2-2 twice, with one of the 2-2's being a 3-1 if I had played tighter and one of the 3-1's being a 4-0 for the same reason. I've 3-1'd with both Intuition lands and R/G combo lands, I'm leaning more towards the combo one as it just seems so much more powerful. Anyway, the broadcasts should be recorded at www.twitch.tv/cuthbertthecat , and I plan on doing a lot more streaming with lands in the future.
    I just saw you're testing with Primeval Titan in the sideboard and am curious about this one, did you already have a chance to use it vs Show and Tell?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

It's not just an anti show and tell card, it's a solid threat that dodges grave hate

I just saw you're testing with Primeval Titan in the sideboard and am curious about this one, did you already have a chance to use it vs Show and Tell?
    Not yet, though that is a pretty nice use for it. Honestly, I have yet to draw it, but I board it in against every fair non-blue deck. One could argue that that's such a small portion of the metagame that I should cut it, but I'm gonna keep testing it for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbertthecat View Post
    Not yet, though that is a pretty nice use for it. Honestly, I have yet to draw it, but I board it in against every fair non-blue deck. One could argue that that's such a small portion of the metagame that I should cut it, but I'm gonna keep testing it for a little while.
    I initially thought it to be a gamble target for the SnT matchup, just as chalice for fast combo. Do you think the deck needs an alternative wincondition, did you ever had your combo disabled in the games you played (such as extraction on one of the pieces, or needle on Thespian Stage)? I have thought of siding ancient grudge just because of needle.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

I bring it in against any deck I expect rest in peace from.

Thread Information