Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wait just a SPLIT SECOND.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Re: Wait just a SPLIT SECOND.

If they print any reasonably cheap white Split Second card I'll be happy. Abeyance + Split Second mid-combo? Eat it, Mike Herbig, and find it delicious.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    If they print any reasonably cheap white Split Second card I'll be happy. Abeyance + Split Second mid-combo? Eat it, Mike Herbig, and find it delicious.
    I very much doubt that the white split card will be an abeyance/chant effect.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    I very much doubt that the white split card will be an abeyance/chant effect.
    That would be sweet.

But what I meant was 1st cast Abeyance, then cast [white split second card].
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    That would be sweet.

But what I meant was 1st cast Abeyance, then cast [white split second card].
    Don't start creaming your pants over Split Second at the Solidarity hoser just yet.

Using your above example, someone would respond in game by saying, "Ok, your White Split Second card resolves. Now I go off in your face while Abeyance is on the stack."

Lego Army Man and Ridiculous Hat have it right, it's like Interrupt. Just let it resolve and Solidarity goes about it's business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushwagg View Post
    Not even with Clamp legal.

As far as Split Second or whatever the hell you want to call it, it's the same as "Can't be Countered by spells or effects". Looks like they just made it into a keyword. Who cares, I highly doubt anything really good is going to printed with this on it.
    Because if it was, this mechanic would be total bullshit - as in, WAY too good.

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

I think every Thresh player should be drooling right about now. Thresh already beats Solidarity, so it doesn't need a new interrupt counterspell. What Thresh loses to is...(Mr. Elgin?), that's right; Pernicious Deed. Krosan Grip in the side instead of Naturalize says, "Deed This!". Piggies and 'Dozers are trembling in fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Hard Gay Turbo!
    Feb 2006
    Dumfries, Va

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Piggies and 'Dozers are trembling in fear.
    I believe you've confused Elgins. IBA is the one that makes decks like Train Wreck and Truffle Shuffle.
    The unicorns were the most recognizable magic the fairies possessed, and they sent them to those worlds where belief in the magic was in danger of failing altogether. After all, there has to be some belief in magic--however small--for any world to survive. --Terry Brooks--(The Black Unicorn)

Team Unicorn: Majestic bringers of doom and destruction. Need proof? Ask and you shall receive....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni
    On another note... is this a joke thread or what? The deck doesn't seem all that bad but the short deck description seems like your making a joke and there is no detailed card descriptions at all. There is also a post on the Proven Forums discussing that this deck beats everything and autoloses to ATS and I'm a little in the dark here. I sense sarcasm but the deck doesn't seem all that bad...

Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

No. Though IBA fears nothing, he was the one the comment was directed at, in a rhetorical way. Spat plays Survival more than Thresh anyway. Though nuking Survival before they can activate it is good times as well.
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Hard Gay Turbo!
    Feb 2006
    Dumfries, Va

Ok. I just figured your comment was directed toward Spat since he had posted in the thread.
    The unicorns were the most recognizable magic the fairies possessed, and they sent them to those worlds where belief in the magic was in danger of failing altogether. After all, there has to be some belief in magic--however small--for any world to survive. --Terry Brooks--(The Black Unicorn)

Team Unicorn: Majestic bringers of doom and destruction. Need proof? Ask and you shall receive....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni
    On another note... is this a joke thread or what? The deck doesn't seem all that bad but the short deck description seems like your making a joke and there is no detailed card descriptions at all. There is also a post on the Proven Forums discussing that this deck beats everything and autoloses to ATS and I'm a little in the dark here. I sense sarcasm but the deck doesn't seem all that bad...

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    I think every Thresh player should be drooling right about now. Thresh already beats Solidarity, so it doesn't need a new interrupt counterspell. What Thresh loses to is...(Mr. Elgin?), that's right; Pernicious Deed. Krosan Grip in the side instead of Naturalize says, "Deed This!". Piggies and 'Dozers are trembling in fear.
    Ummm I think if IBA has any opinion on this card he is like, "Fucking Sweet". Having played a Legacy deck with Deed in it before I can say not much sucks more then having some douche-bag Needle your Deed then having to destroy it before Deed works again through Counterspell backup. Enter Grip... Now you have an uncounterable Naturalize for Needle. So you can play Deed and activate it before passing priority still (usually turn 4-5 against Thresh) with the downside being that they can now Naturalize your Top and you can't pass priority with Deed in play and expect to activate it in response to problems. On a related note this seems that it will make green a more popular splash in Goblins which should make IBA happy since Armageddon can tend to suck for him.
    Perhaps we should ask him.

EDIT-
    so I don't expect anything aggressively costed with the keyword.
    You mean like a 3 mana Naturalize. I would say we already have an aggressively costed SS card.
    Last edited by dontbiteitholmes; 08-23-2006 at 07:33 PM.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

Yeah, you're right for the most part. The problem I have had is more when it's later in the game, and I have less countermagic due to exhaustion and discard. This is when these decks actually have enough mana to play and activate Deed in the same turn. Having an extra answer in addition to Needle seems like it would help. I've never seen Wreck or Truffle use Naturalize to begin with, so I've never had to deal with countering it on a Needle. Still, if they Grip Needle, untap, and play Deed, you can counter it just as easily, as they have left your hand untouched for at least two turns.

EDIT: Frigging Survival runs Naturalize in the sideboard. This will make Needle much less frightening for them. Poop.:(
    Last edited by Parcher; 08-23-2006 at 07:41 PM.
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Haven't played in decades

Jun 2004
    VA, the kindler, gentler center of MTG critique

Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    Don't start creaming your pants over Split Second at the Solidarity hoser just yet.

Using your above example, someone would respond in game by saying, "Ok, your White Split Second card resolves. Now I go off in your face while Abeyance is on the stack."

Lego Army Man and Ridiculous Hat have it right, it's like Interrupt. Just let it resolve and Solidarity goes about it's business.
    No can do sir. You cast Abeyance and before passing priority play the split second card. Abeyance resolves first then the other thing and the solidarity player never has a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges
    You're retarded. I'm not insulting you, I'm just telling the truth: You have 24 chromasomes.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by CavernNinja View Post
    No can do sir. You cast Abeyance and before passing priority play the split second card. Abeyance resolves first then the other thing and the solidarity player never has a chance.
    What?! That's not how the stack works. If you play abayence then you play the split second card, the split second card resolves before abayance, then your opponent can do stuff with abayance on the stack. The only way split second affect solidarity, is if the split second card itself has an impact on solidarity.

And I am not gushing over the ability hosing solidarity because of comboing with abayence (which it doesn't), I am gushing over the ability in hopes that they are printing a card with split second that crushes solidarity. I'm not gushing over a card, just the hopes of a card, that is how much I want to see it.

play nice---frogboy
    Last edited by frogboy; 08-26-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Haven't played in decades

Jun 2004
    VA, the kindler, gentler center of MTG critique

Haha, I sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges
    You're retarded. I'm not insulting you, I'm just telling the truth: You have 24 chromasomes.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare View Post
    Quicksilver fucking LIVES on this site.
    Oh come on that was a full 8 minutes after his post, 8 MINUTES! That is slow as balls for me. Yuo had plenty of time to beat me too it.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Aside from the Split Second ability, I noticed something else on Krosan Grip that I found intriguing. The flavor text. The quote is contributed to a Kamahlite druid. At first I thought this was just another race that Wizards thought up, but then I realized it was based on the name Kamahl. He has his own druids now! I wonder if other orders of people developed from Onslaught block legends. I can't wait to see Ixidorans, Phagites, and Akromanauts running around ! In all seriousness though, this nostalgia rocks my fucking socks.

I hope they bring back slivers. Again :D.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

I aim to misbehave

Sep 2005
    NYC...ish.

Have no fear, they do.

I am so psyched that Green is finally getting some new tools. It's the most under appreciated color and it's about time Wizards gave 'em a solid boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    A "limited player" is a player with a mental handicap and is thus "limited"
    A "legacy player" is an old player that may or may not be senile.

Both require the use of diapers.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Rastadon View Post
    Have no fear, they do.

I am so psyched that Green is finally getting some new tools. It's the most under appreciated color and it's about time Wizards gave 'em a solid boost.
    Hell, I just want something in Green with SS that ruins solidarity so I can play Trainwreck.
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Wow, seems everyone in here hates Solidarity. Not without good reason, but still.

@Rastadon: Are there slivers in the spoiler? You're sure they're bringing them back?
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Okay, let's face it guys, when Solidarity goes away, people will just start playing Iggy Pop. So what we really need is a Split Second card that reads something like, "For the rest of the game, treat cards with Storm as if they didn't have it" then we're all set, no?

Thread Information