Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sea Drakes!

Sea Drakes!

Yup, that is right I am looking for a playset of Sea Drakes. If anyone here has an extra set [or singles] that they would want to part with, PM me. I have extras of almost anything that you could want so LMK.

Here is my aim name, zenzagonal

Hit me up so I don't have to burrow Mad Zur's anymore

Aug 2006
    Omaha

Re: Sea Drakes!

ebay.com

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask

I was on the verge of getting a playset for $60, but it got sniped in the last few minutes and I was out when it ended.

But yeah, give eBay a look; that's what I'm doing and having moderate success.
    "This unholy weapon is obviously intended for Quality Assurance to massacre any creature in their path as quickly as possible." - Planescape: Torment

Lord Sapito of the Bloated Toad
    Dec 2004
    Upstate NY

And I only need this card because I collect Rebecca's artwork. :-( Oh man. So much money for Sea Drakes.

I would concur that eBay is the best place to check, but first sign up for auctionsniper to be sure you're the winner even while you're out. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbm Rocks1 View Post
    4 [ZEN] Terra Stomper-Uncounterable 8/8 trampler! How can Merfolk and Canadian thresh beat that?

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Rector View Post
    Yup, that is right I am looking for a playset of Sea Drakes. If anyone here has an extra set [or singles] that they would want to part with, PM me. I have extras of almost anything that you could want so LMK.

Here is my aim name, zenzagonal

Hit me up so I don't have to burrow Mad Zur's anymore
    I'm pretty sure I can get you a playset for under $50 shipped. Let me know if you still need them. If you let me know by tomorrow, I might be able to pick them up sooner than you think.

[Edit] Pwned. Due to their huge recent rise in price...Rediculous!!!...50 for a playset is no longer possible. Just to think, I paid $2 total for 8! of these things only one month ago. REDICULOUS!!! So everyone can stop PMing me begging for Drakes. [end edit]
    Last edited by umbowta; 09-06-2006 at 06:47 PM. Reason: new info
    When other people do not assert themselves, they may still have something to be proud of, something that they believe is unrivalled, but it is just that they have not got the same vulgarity of throwing their weight about and imposing themselves and their beliefs on other people. - Dunduzu Kalui Chisiza

If you think a topic is dumb, don't add to it. Pretty simple. - Bardo

Aug 2006
    Omaha

I'll gladly take you up on that.

Aug 2006
    Omaha

Just got sniped out of a playset on ebay.

That's totally awesome, I had the bid at 110 with three seconds left. GG

That might've been me; I just won an auction for a playset.

I wasn't sniping, though; I had it locked up for a solid minute before it ended.

I missed a set for $70 last week because I was playing Manhunt and came back three minutes late. Whoops.
    "This unholy weapon is obviously intended for Quality Assurance to massacre any creature in their path as quickly as possible." - Planescape: Torment

Aug 2006
    Omaha

I kept refreshing until about 20 seconds left and assumed I had it because there'd been no activity for awhile.

I had the proxy bid at 110, went to take a piss, came back and had lost. :(

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Eric call Paul about helping that one dude wtih his Math you fucker.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Wizards needs to hurry up and reprint this card. Playsets are going for 120-170 buyout on eBay, and they're only going to increase due to continued demand. It's a creature for fuck's sake. A beatstick at that. Ridiculous.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by GodzillA View Post
    Wizards needs to hurry up and reprint this card.
    Absolutely! The prices are absolutely rediculous. I really wish I picked up a couple dozen playsets earlier this year when they were like a $1 card.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I don't get why they are going up in price so much. What's that thing actually used in anyway other than faerie stompy or is that it? It's a decent creature, especially for blue. 3 mana for a 4/3 flier is about as good as you get for blue, but it's no Morphling or some other super quality blue guy.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    I don't get why they are going up in price so much. What's that thing actually used in anyway other than faerie stompy or is that it? It's a decent creature, especially for blue. 3 mana for a 4/3 flier is about as good as you get for blue, but it's no Morphling or some other super quality blue guy.
    Sea Drake is also used in builds of Fish. It's crazy expensive because it comes from Portal: Second Age. P2 was never T2 legal so people didn't buy much of it so not much of it was printed and now that the card is legal in a format its in high demand and really rare. Sucks.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Sea Drake = 30 dollars for a one dollar card.

They REALLY need to reprint a bunch of portal and starter cards now that they are legal in eternal formats. Maybe some kind of Chronicles/Anthologies type shizzit.

My short list:

Sea Drake
    Grim Tutor
    Imperial Seal
    Imperial Recruiter

Aug 2006
    Omaha

That's another thing. If I plop 170 for a playset of these i'm sure as fuck going to be pissed if they are either banned again or reprinted.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by mikekelley View Post
    That's another thing. If I plop 170 for a playset of these i'm sure as fuck going to be pissed if they are either banned again or reprinted.
    Don't be surprised if they are reprinted.

I'm Jewish!
    Mar 2006
    Arlington, Virginia

You know what craeature they need to reprint OTHER than Sea Drake? MOTHERFUCKING OLD MAN OF THE FUCKING SEA! Seriously, good creatures shouldn't be 60.00 dollars.

My Drakes came in today (but ended up in the wrong mailbox!). Of course, now that I have the damn card, they're probably going to show up in previews for Time Spiral as one of the reprints.

If not, <3 underpriced fliers.

Lord Sapito of the Bloated Toad
    Dec 2004
    Upstate NY

Quote Originally Posted by GodzillA View Post
    Wizards needs to hurry up and reprint this card. Playsets are going for 120-170 buyout on eBay, and they're only going to increase due to continued demand. It's a creature for fuck's sake. A beatstick at that. Ridiculous.
    I'm so glad I picked up 11 of these for $33.

EDIT: It was tonight, too.

So if anyone wants a players set for $120, sold. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbm Rocks1 View Post
    4 [ZEN] Terra Stomper-Uncounterable 8/8 trampler! How can Merfolk and Canadian thresh beat that?

Thread Information