Thread: Cool contest on TML...

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Cool contest on TML...

Not TRL you fool, TML... The Mana Leak.

Anywho, it seems that our own Bardo has posted on TML a sort of focused CaNGD contest. Go check it out. The point of the contest is to build a deck that whups on Goblins. It can a total bomb against anything else, but simply needs to whup Goblins little green ass.

edit: I'm tempted to enter EvilRoopey's CanGD II entry - Bunnies. That deck murdered Goblins and wasn't a total design disaster. Shhh! Just don't tell Roopey that I'm stealing his ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Re: Cool contest on TML...

I call dibbs on winning this with the best tech ever.

Plus I had submission #1.

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    Not TML you fool, TMD... The Mana Drain.
    Fixed. ;)

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Yeah, we've had a bunch of good submissions so far. If you're interested, just PM me your entry at TMD or here--but don't post is publicly. I kinda messed up there.

We also have a series of these contests planned, just for shits and giggles. :)

Fixed. Mana Leak really doesn't see much play in vintage.
    P_R is noting that we voted to change the name of the Legacy Forums at TMD. It's now "The Mana Leak" which is a riff that, power-wise, Legacy is not Vintage, since TMD is a Vintage site. The fact that no one plays Mana Leak doesn't really matter--it's the fact that they're both counters, and one is way more powerful than the other. :)
    Last edited by Bardo; 09-02-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

@ Bardo: I never signed up over on TMD was b/c they seem to have a hatred of yahoo mail accounts and I don't have another. Can I PM you the list here? No biggie if you say no. I'll just set up a fake account somewhere (are there any other e-mail sites that THD blocks?)

Disciple of scrumdogg
    Sep 2004
    Massena NY...way up north

I like the create a deck contest on here much better at least here we can see lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    You have two kidneys....suck it up, Ebay HongKong has the listing for you, 'Prime American Organ' right between 'Classroom of Small Asian Children' and 'Mail Order Bride'. Then you can afford to buy needed rares at Altered States

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    This is what happens when you don't prepare for or respect a weak opponent like a stingray...or bad Reanimator...it sneaks up & kills you.

Team Intuition - Living on the Canadian border....savage tech

The reason we're keeping lists secret is so you're not punished for posting early. If you come up with some insane tech, do you really want everyone posting afterwards ripping you off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    @ Bardo: I never signed up over on TMD was b/c they seem to have a hatred of yahoo mail accounts and I don't have another. Can I PM you the list here? No biggie if you say no. I'll just set up a fake account somewhere (are there any other e-mail sites that THD blocks?)
    Sure, send me a PM at The Source and it will be added to the TML contest. No biggie.

@ NoGameShow - All of the lists will be made public after deadline for submitting entries passes, which is this Friday. Matt is right, the contest was originally public, but it was quickly discovered that we had a flaw in our contest design, since you could just cheat tech from submitted entries.

Thread Information