Thread: Mana Burn

Jul 2006
    Seattle

Mana Burn

How does it work if two players both have floating mana and you reach the end of the phase? Does the active player take the mana burn first, or does it happen simultaneously?

I guess my question really is if you have two players with floating mana, can one player wait for the other to burn first before using their mana on an instant.

Jan 2006
    Chesapeake, VA

Re: Mana Burn

Quote Originally Posted by Durahan View Post
    How does it work if two players both have floating mana and you reach the end of the phase? Does the active player take the mana burn first, or does it happen simultaneously?

I guess my question really is if you have two players with floating mana, can one player wait for the other to burn first before using their mana on an instant.
    Mana burn occurs after both players pass priority on an empty stack without performing any game actions in the last step of a phase. Both players mana burn simultaneously, and neither player may play spells or effects until the next phase begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Once Solidarity resolves a Meditate the most productive thing you can do with Orim's Chant is to find a nearby tophat and try to toss the Orim's Chant into it to amuse yourself while your opponent finishes his combo.

Thread Information