Thread: Mirror Universe + False cure.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Mirror Universe + False cure.

Ok, for those who forgot about this horrid card

False Cure: BB - instant - Until end of turn, whenever a player gains life, that player loses 2 life for each 1 life he or she gained.

Mirror Universe 6 - Artifact - , Sacrifice Mirror Universe: Exchange life totals with target opponent. Play this ability only during your upkeep.

Ok, I seem to remember somewhere about a rule where if a person's life total is changed it's considered a life loss or gain depending on the case. Well, Mirror universe definitely changes your total.

questions -

1. Does false cure do anything when Mirror is used?

2. If yes, who dies first?

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Re: Mirror Universe + False cure.

Life, Life Total
    Life total is a sort of score. Each player starts the game with 20 life. Any increase in a player’s life total is considered to be gaining life. Any decrease in a player’s life total is considered to be losing life. A player whose life total drops to 0 or less loses.

That's from the Rules Glossary.

First, let's look at how this works with Mirror Universe. Mirror Universe exchanges two players' life totals. If you activate a Mirror Universe while you are at, say, 18, and your opponent is at 7, the end result will be you now being at 7, and your opponent being at 18.

In this scenario, your life total and your opponent's life total both changed. By rule, you lost 11 life (18 to 7) and your opponent gained 11 life (7 to 18).

Therefore, if False Cure has resolved during a turn where Mirror Universe is activated, the only player who gains life is the player who had less life at the time Mirror Universe was activated.

In this instance, You'd go from 18 to 7, and your opponent would go from 7 to 18. Then False Cure's delayed triggered ability would go on the stack. Once it resolved, Your opponent would then lose 22 life for the 11 he gained, which would be sufficient to kill him.

In other words, don't be the guy with the lower life total when you activate the Mirror Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Re: Mirror Universe + False cure.

That is exactly what I was hoping.

I put the little combo in the middle of Life.dec. lol

Makes for more amusing games by far. -million life buddy. Too bad we don't play Iron man magic anymore.

Thread Information