Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [New Card Discussion] Serra Avenger

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

Re: [New Card Discussion] Serra Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    Serra Slow Roll is fine in a control deck....maybe....but you really don't want to topdeck one Turn 6, in any deck, unless you have active Vial.
    But wouldn't you just be able to topdeck and cast her turn 6 without Vial? It only says it can't be cast the first, second, or third turns of the game. I'd say turn 6 would be well past those.
    Last edited by Anarky87; 09-10-2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Silly grammar making my posts look stoopid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarky87 View Post
    But wouldn't you just be able to topdeck and cast her turn 6 without Vial? It only says it can't be cast the first, second, or third turns of the game. I'd say turn 6 would be well past those.
    You are indeed correct, I need to not post when I am sleep deprived :) Had her mixed up with something having suspend....which sucks monkey nut mid-late game as a draw.... I stand behind THAT statement :) Still seems a bit...underpowered...as a control finisher though.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Aug 2006
    Philly

Underpowered as a finisher maybe compared to morphling yes but almost everything else this would not be underpowered because in my memory I don't think there has every been a 3/3 vigilant flier for 2 MANA every. Also who said that it would need to be a control finisher esque card because I could see it in some form of w/x aggro.

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    You are indeed correct, I need to not post when I am sleep deprived :) Had her mixed up with something having suspend....which sucks monkey nut mid-late game as a draw.... I stand behind THAT statement :) Still seems a bit...underpowered...as a control finisher though.
    It's cool, I thought that maybe there was a rule interraction there I didn't know about. I agree with you about the Suspend part. I wouldn't see the Avenger as a control finisher, but in some kind of fish-esque type deck, perhaps with Vial, I think it could do pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by wmagzoo7
    Underpowered as a finisher maybe compared to morphling yes but almost everything else this would not be underpowered because in my memory I don't think there has every been a 3/3 vigilant flier for 2 MANA every. Also who said that it would need to be a control finisher esque card because I could see it in some form of w/x aggro.
    You summed up my post. Qft.
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

You almost have to have either Vial or Chrome Mox or Show & Tell or Brainstorm or some way to use it/replace it on Turns 1-3, or it sits in your hand, dead, mocking you. That bothers me....cuz it so awesome otherwise.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

I think with the likes of Brainstorm, Standstill, etc, and maybe capping out at 3 Avengers and 4 Vials, there shouldn't be too many problems. And there's probably other things you'll be playing in the first 2-3 turns that by the time you start thinking about bringing it down, you can do it unhindered. But yeah, seeing it sit in your hand turns 1-3 would definitely be gayer than 8 guys blowing 9 guys.

Thread Information