Thread: Counter battles and Last Word

Counter battles and Last Word

If I were to play card X, and my opponent counterspells it, and I counterspell his counterspell with [card]Last Word[/card], can he play another counterspell targeting my original spell, X? Thanks.

Disciple of scrumdogg
    Sep 2004
    Massena NY...way up north

Re: Counter battles and Last Word

They're free to target you original spell all they want. Last Word is the only card that can't be countered and from your example hoping they don't respond you would win this particular counter war.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    You have two kidneys....suck it up, Ebay HongKong has the listing for you, 'Prime American Organ' right between 'Classroom of Small Asian Children' and 'Mail Order Bride'. Then you can afford to buy needed rares at Altered States

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    This is what happens when you don't prepare for or respect a weak opponent like a stingray...or bad Reanimator...it sneaks up & kills you.

Team Intuition - Living on the Canadian border....savage tech

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Yes. They can do anything they want to your original spell.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

This is why last word isn't so hot. It only allows you to stop your opponents spells, even if your opponent has a counter. It cannot force your own spells through around counters.

Thread Information