Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [Article] The Future of Legacy

Jun 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Re: [Article] The Future of Legacy

As I said before, I don't think people read my article very well. If you had, you would know that I'm not advocating six unbannings right away. I'm also not asking for Vampiric Tutor's unbanning. It's not that long; please take the time to read my analysis!

You may not have, but some people ARE asking for a lot of unbannings.

I'll read it again to be sure of your arguments, but also remember that I'm addressing more than just you with my posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Banned

Aug 2006
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Machinus View Post
    As I said before, I don't think people read my article very well. If you had, you would know that I'm not advocating six unbannings right away. I'm also not asking for Vampiric Tutor's unbanning. It's not that long; please take the time to read my analysis!
    I took the time to read your article and respond, however you didn't take the time to read your own thread and respond to my post, so why would anyone else want to waste their time reading your article and responding to it and then not have you respond to them either.

To the person that replied to me saying Pithing Needle was an answer for Metal Worker, a little enlightenment. Metal Worker is a mana ability, and can not be stopped. I also ran 5 different ways to abuse the mana, two of them went infinite, so Pithing Needle was not an option as a logical answer.

Now, Worldgorger Dragon even without many of the other components is still too strong and can allow 1st turn wins, but is still stronger than most decks in the format. Here's a short decklist of sort of how it would be built.

4 Poluted Delta
    4 Blood-Stained Mire
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Badland
    1 Swamp
    4 Lion's Eye Diamon
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Putrid Imp
    3 Spoils of the Vault
    4 Worldgorger Dragon
    3 Flaming Gambit
    4 Cunning wish
    4 Force of Will
    3 Stroke of Genius
    4 Animate Dead
    4 Dance of the Dead

It is possible for the deck listed above to go off first turn and counter the one answer the other deck might have.

Dragon should it become unbanned would make decks not playing Force of Will, Swords to Plowshares, Stifle and Chain of Vapor to change their decks, thus eliminating Goblins from the format along with most other non control decks.

An argument for unbanning a card that states that there are lots of answers for it already is not a good arguement as it will force all other decksnot currenlty running those cards to have to run those cards, or not be competitive and that is not what Wizards wants to happen nor do I.

Nov 2004
    Missouri

It would be neat to do a survey and couple it with opinions about what cards would be right for legacy. Information like age, how long you've been playing, tournament records for the various formats, et cetera could have interesting results.

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Complete_Jank View Post

It is possible for the deck listed above to go off first turn and counter the one answer the other deck might have.

Dragon should it become unbanned would make decks not playing Force of Will, Swords to Plowshares, Stifle and Chain of Vapor to change their decks, thus eliminating Goblins from the format along with most other non control decks.

Iggy Pop has essentially done this already. It usually beats the hell out of decks not playing Force of Will. Its not even affected by STP or Chain of Vapor. It can win on turn 1 and very consistently can win by turn 3. I'm not sure Dragon would do much better, but even it did it would have to as consistent as Iggy Pop without the weaknesses to be better than Iggy.

Try playing Goblins against Iggy Pop I bet you'll get tired of it pretty fast. Goblins basically has very little chance because you basically need a turn 3 win otherwise you lose and you might even if you do.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Machinus View Post
    As I said before, I don't think people read my article very well.

Joke's on you for trying to have an intelligent discussion about the banned list, I guess.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

An intelligent discussion about the banned list is HOW it gets changed in the first place (contrary to popular belief shown in the card "Look at me, I'm the DCI", which everyone knows is how they really do it for formats other than standard).

The fact that people automatically assume that since a card was broken once in a given format it can be broken again is exactly why nobody is getting anywhere with the list changing. In all honesty, if Wizards or the DCI really cared about the format, they would rip the banned list out completely, get a group to test some of the cards that they have a 75%+ certainty would warp a "healthy" metagame, and then let the rest go, and see what we come up with. In my opinion, a good 5-8 cards would be taken off the list permanently due to our inability to break them again, thanks to the formats original facelift into Legacy.

We play this game, and mold this format, not them. They still haven't quite caught onto that yet, they think we're still infants, just because the format technically is.

Thread Information