Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

Yes, you. First of all, I can't give you any financial reward if you can pull this off. But imagine the (insert your word here) you could have if you can pull this out and make a deck around it competitive at Legacy.

Enduring Ideal + Dovescape

Seems easy but everything is easier typed than done. Cast the Enduring Ideal then look for the Dovescape. Then fetch any enchantments you like (probably Humility, Orim's Prayer, Ivory Mask to avoid damage) (then followed by the winning enchantments).

What do you think?

Re: For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

Ahh. If you cast Enduring Ideal then immediately search for Dovescape then you'll only get 7 birds a turn. Read Dovescape and you'll understand. You can counter an epic. As does Dovescape.

How in the hell is this related to Legacy (Type 1.5)!?

Re: For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

Well, if I'm not mistaken you aren't casting any spells anymore when the Enduring Ideal hits the table. So any enchantment you fetch wouldn't be a legal target for the Dovesacpe and it can't be countered.

That's if I'm not mistaken.

Well, it would be related to Legacy since it's not restricted or banned. Any cards that isn't restricted or banned is related to Legacy.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Lam_Ang View Post
    Well, it would be related to Legacy since it's not restricted or banned. Any cards that isn't restricted or banned is related to Legacy.
    But neither of these cards are considered playable in Legacy.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

That's why it's easier typed than done. (Or easier said than done)

@ MasterBlaster - So does this work?

Sep 2005
    Moscow, Russia

Are you retard (no offence meant, i mean medical conditions) ?
    Hi kids, how are, know that me is > you !
    Ruler of Galaxys, Destroyer of the Worlds, the great conquerer of star systems, center of universe, omnipresent essence. Yes, thats all me... errmmm... hi :)

@ ElvenTitz - No I'm not. If the combination does work then it might be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba- View Post
    Ahh. If you cast Enduring Ideal then immediately search for Dovescape then you'll only get 7 birds a turn. Read Dovescape and you'll understand. You can counter an epic. As does Dovescape.
    Nope...

From Saturday School at Wizard's site:

Q: Considering that the epic copy isn't technically played, it doesn't trigger Dovescape. Right? --Wilson L.

A: Yes. Epic copies aren't played - they're put directly on the stack, so they won't trigger Dovescape.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

An enduring ideal deck being legal and at least Tier 2 in Legacy is actually a rather scary thought and this combo could lead the way. Probably you would want -

4 Enduring Ideal
    2-3 Dovescape
    1-2 Night of Soul's Betrayal

Any other enchantments or tutors people can think of?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Cait_Sith View Post
    An enduring ideal deck being legal and at least Tier 2 in Legacy is actually a rather scary thought and this combo could lead the way. Probably you would want -

4 Enduring Ideal
    2-3 Dovescape
    1-2 Night of Soul's Betrayal

Any other enchantments or tutors people can think of?
    You should probably play ridiculous amounts of mana acceleration, tutoring, 240 cards (because it can't be much worse than a 60 card deck that wins with Dovescape, right?) and Battle of Wits.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

However we are trying to make a Dovescape Deck, not a Battle of Wits deck. Please do not be so dissmissive of someone elses idea.

Jul 2005
    Catalonia, Europe

its not dismissive, it's just that won't work in legacy...

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

As..type twoish as it sounds, there is another tpe two card that fits perfectly: Faith's Fetters. Enduring Ideal does noy target with the enchantments, so you can Fetters Morphling, Troll, or Simic Sky Swallower. Maybe not a four of, but having a few available certainly won't hurt.

Plus some standbyes-
    Stp, Wrath, Meddling Mage, Humility, Moat, even cards like Wing Shards can all be used. Note that Humility and Moat are enchantments.

You could go with mono-white (meh), a red/white rifterish shell (meh), or UW controllish route (my preference).
    InfoNinjas

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I guess if I had the chance to search my library and slap any enchantment into play that I wanted I would go in this order. If there's a fast way to cast that beast it might be worth trying. Dovescape seems kind of pointless after a bit of thinking though.

Vs Goblins - Moat - Ivory Mask - Words of worship - OMG Test of endurance FTW! lol j/k

Vs Solidarity - Ivory Mask - Sterling Grove - win condition

Vs Iggy Pop - See above

Vs Thresh - Island Sanctuary (because you can!) - oh noes! Gravity sphere

Bah, you get the idea. Pretty amusing really. I got carried away lol

Aug 2006
    Philly

It would seem that the best answers for the main decks would be:
    Goblins- Humility- Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's Betrayal- win
    Solidarity- Dovescape-Night of Soul's Betrayal-win
    IGG- Dovescape- Night of soul's betrayal win
    Thresh- Humility-Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's betrayal-Dovescape-win
    Yeah so the targets would be around umm 5 targets including form of dragon that is.

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Theres someone in my area that actually plays this deck in 1.5. Unfortunately hes not on the Source. Ask Scrumdogg as im sure he helped him make the deck. It is kinda jank though, as its very hard to reach the mana to play Enduring Ideal and not die.
    Team Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |.The STFU Truck..|||'""|""\__,_
    | __GTFO 4ever_w_ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Quote Originally Posted by wmagzoo7 View Post
    It would seem that the best answers for the main decks would be:
    Goblins- Humility- Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's Betrayal- win
    Solidarity- Dovescape-Night of Soul's Betrayal-win
    IGG- Dovescape- Night of soul's betrayal win
    Thresh- Humility-Ivory Mask-Night of Soul's betrayal-Dovescape-win
    Yeah so the targets would be around umm 5 targets including form of dragon that is.
    Goblins - Trainquil Domain for the cry?
    Solidarity - Yes, if you get to cast Enduring Ideal
    Thres - Likewise

But you guys should put these remarks to shame and kickass with it.
    [3. LocalDefense]: English is under attack!

Sep 2004
    Jamestown, IN

I think the idea could have merit. Most likely it would either have to be around a control shell with things like Duress and Cabal Therapy backing up the Enduring Ideal until you can cast it. Or, you could go with a board control plan. I think the most important thing is to figure out which enchantments are going to be used as the win condition and what is really needed and what is really just chaff.

I think Humility is definitely one of the echantments that should be considered. It will allow you to beat pretty much any aggro deck that you see. Also, Solitary Confinement should be mentioned since it should be pretty easy to keep around. You won't be casting any more spells after Ideal.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Have you guys considered going G/W for the A) acceleration route B) ability to play the new Eureka (which puts Enduring into play, which wins you the frickin' game) C) the other cool things available to you in G/W? Like Glare of Subdual (decent with used up mana accelerators & tokens I hear) or Ray of Revelation or Angel's Sodomization of Solidarity & any deck dealing damage? You also have some interesting silver bullet enchantments ranging from the powerful to the goofy (that Aerie thingamawhatsis that pumps birds...). Turn 1 forest, accelerator into Turn 2 land + neo-Eureka into Ideal could be pretty hot.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

@Caith Sith - Thanks for your reply defending the idea.

@Lego_Army_Man - No offense taken. It may have more cards but Battle of Wits doesn't fit here.

@scrumdogg - You're already mentioned before at this thread. That might help and that's a good idea. Actually, I haven't made any deck revolving around the combo because I focus on building another deck. Let's see what Time Spiral can offer.

Thread Information