Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

Johny Rogue
    Feb 2006
    Mysterious land of Poland

Re: For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

My complete build which doesn't work:

Perfect Ideal:
    3 Enduring Ideal
    4 Burning Wish
    1 Humility
    2 Form of the Dragon
    1 Ivory Mask
    1 Dovescape
    1 Night of Souls' Betrayal
    1 Nether Void
    4 Duress
    4 Brainstorm

4 Chromatic Sphere
    3 Terrarion
    4 Pentad Prism
    4 Dark Ritual
    2 Seething Song

3 Ancient Tomb
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Plateau
    1 Scrubland
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Badlands
    1 Tundra
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Flooded Strand
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Plains
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Mountain

Sideboard:

1 Enduring Ideal
    1 Vindicate
    4 Overmaster
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Recoup
    7 open slots

How it should work: Tighten deck with fetches, cast acceleration, filter mana and draw cards to finally cast Ideal. Enchantments perfectly deal with any possible threat. The problem is that it hardly goes off on turn 3.
    Common Sense was reprinted as rare.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Re: For the talented and brave deck designers try to think about this 2 card combo

The amusing thing is a friend of mine and me were debating finding a new deck idea and I brought this up for laughs. The cute thing is it's actually got a fix coming in time spiral. The Lotus Blossom gives you a turn four Enduring. Now that doesn't sound all that great considering most decks have already decided if you're going to win or lose on turn 4. The thought is you are playing white after all and a bunch of enchantments why not just put this into Enchantress with major changes.

Kind of like so

Exploration - if need be
    Serra's Sanctum - Seems like an ovious choice.
    Wild Growth type crap - might speed it up
    Humility - Easily the best slowdown creature hate card.
    Ivory Mask - screw you burn boy
    Argothian Enchantress - Because drawing is good and she's not really bad
    etc etc...

You get the idea. If you're already playing with a crapload of stalling junk anyway, Lotus Blossom actually can hand you the start turn 4 and lock it down thereafter. So the goal needs to be stall till turn 4 pretty much.

Yep, the Lotus Bloom would be a real help for this kind of combo. I know the Enduring Ideal is a white card but I think this deck should be G/U for speed and stall.

I think Hypergenesis from Time Spiral would give this deck a little bit of chance to be competitive...

Thread Information