Yeah. That part was pretty badass.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Re: Have you seen the Purple Cards?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Because it can play eight fucking Chars. Some deck's going to abuse the fuck out of that. Not to mention Crypt in Extended. This would blow a good six or seven years' worth of work they've put into making the color wheel matter in the newer formats right the fuck out of the water. Bad Moon, Unstable Mutation, Hail Storm? Disenchant I'd even allow for them changing their mind on, but Icatian Javelineers? They're going to keep the Black Fog around in Extended for years after the Green rotates out?
    This is completely true. If these really are legal in all formats, Extended just got fucked over hardcore. The other thing is that im not sure these will be foiled... did they foil the reprints in Coldsnap? I haven't seen any yet, but I could be completely wrong and I probably am.
    Team Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |.The STFU Truck..|||'""|""\__,_
    | __GTFO 4ever_w_ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Phasing, cumulative upkeep, echo, fading, flanking, rampage
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by SillyMetalGAT View Post
    This is completely true. If these really are legal in all formats, Extended just got fucked over hardcore. The other thing is that im not sure these will be foiled... did they foil the reprints in Coldsnap? I haven't seen any yet, but I could be completely wrong and I probably am.
    The Coldsnap reprints were only in a pre-con, not in packs, so they would not have been foil. Since the TS reprints are in packs, their could be a possibility of them being foil. They would be uber sexy...
    Old Fogey

You're not just wrong, rules say you're a dick!

The irony of Jack arguing that 8 Chars will ruin Standard, while concurrently arguing that unbanning Oath of Druids in Legacy would be just fine is not lost on me.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Why is it that people hate on Jack for being so outspoken? Why take something like that from another thread and bring it here where it's hardly relevant? I think it's rather inflammatory.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Foil Crypts, or PsiBlasts, whatever, are going to be super expensive, unless all the purple cards are foil. Even then, they will be really expensive. Cool, but assembling a playset will be rediculous.
    InfoNinjas

Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    Why is it that people hate on Jack for being so outspoken? Why take something like that from another thread and bring it here where it's hardly relevant? I think it's rather inflammatory.
    I don't hate Jack at all, I actually enjoy what he has to say. I do occasionally disagree with people however.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

So is anyone here excited to play Mystic Enforcer w/ Dredge in standard?
    Now playing real formats.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by bane_of_the_living View Post
    So is anyone here excited to play Mystic Enforcer w/ Dredge in standard?
    No

who plays standard?

I can always play mystic enforcer with dredge in legacy, why would I downgrade to a strictly worse format?

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    The irony of Jack arguing that 8 Chars will ruin Standard, while concurrently arguing that unbanning Oath of Druids in Legacy would be just fine is not lost on me.
    Legacy is not a format where the deck to beat routinely hardcasts Angel of Despair.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Legacy is not a format where the deck to beat routinely hardcasts Angel of Despair.
    I agree with this statement, Legacy IS a different format than Standard.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Still trying to figure out the rarity on foil purple cards...haven't seen any solid info on that yet. Go go go foils found in 1:200 packs or something ridiculous.

Anyway, one of the purple cards that I find to be simultaneously interesting and not worth commenting on is Swamp Mosquito. For the 92 people out there who care, poison is back. Where the Hell did I put my playset of Leeches?

Side note: is it just me, or is it nonsensical to reprint Gaea's Blessing at the same time as Withered Wretch and Tormod's Crypt? I've been bitching since yesterday morning about the state of Extended after these cards being printed and legal, because, as Jack mentioned earlier, Crypt destroys several years' worth of work in establishing the standards of what cards/colors can/cannot do. Giving every deck a 0 cost answer to mutliple decks in the format is really, really unintuitive. They bitch about how "utility" artifacts can't be undercosted, and then Crypt resurfaces. Whatever.

For the record, they don't give 2 shits about the "color wheel" they've been force-feeding for the past 6 years when they reprint the most out of flavor card ever made. Psionic Blast should have been red from the start, and it took them 12 years to correct that...a year later, they simply act like nothing ever happened and everything is fine.

Go team.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

Aug 2006
    Omaha

Who cares about the color wheel? Seriously.

Wah wah wah.

Wizards is like George Lucas. They try to fix things and just fuck them up worse.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by mikekelley View Post
    This game would be alot funner if people ignored the color wheel more often. That goes both for WOTC and players that complain whenever something crosses the line.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

they just ruined extended with crypt and they ruined dredges chance in standard if it ever had one, no real effect on legacy with reprints though ...since they are reprints

Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Quote Originally Posted by mikekelley View Post

Wah wah wah.

Wizards is like George Lucas. They try to fix things and just fuck them up worse.
    I don't so much care for the color wheel, exactly; my annoyance is with MaRo's constant harping on the color wheel, even during his TS previews, and then they blatantly ignore it. Why force-feed something when you're going to throw it out, however temporarily, and have the revisionist attitude of "one of the great things about Magic is being able to break the rules". Sure, breaking some rules and pushing boundaries from time to time keeps things fresh, but this smacks of hypocrisy for the sake of hypocrisy.

Maybe I am overdoing it, but I just don't like the idea.

That is all.
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.

I get what they're doing in reverting to the old color wheel for this set, especially since it is themed in the past. I'm looking forward to it.

The real question is this: I have $20. A Matter of Life and Death OR Psionic Blast?

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by TheAardvark View Post
    I don't so much care for the color wheel, exactly; my annoyance is with MaRo's constant harping on the color wheel, even during his TS previews, and then they blatantly ignore it. Why force-feed something when you're going to throw it out, however temporarily, and have the revisionist attitude of "one of the great things about Magic is being able to break the rules". Sure, breaking some rules and pushing boundaries from time to time keeps things fresh, but this smacks of hypocrisy for the sake of hypocrisy.

Maybe I am overdoing it, but I just don't like the idea.

That is all.
    I agree too somewhat. The wheel is arbitrary and full of exceptions so why bother having too much ideal in that regard? As long as they dont print really strong off color cards( Ex: black disenchant) then there really isnt much of an issue IMO.

OK, heres a question: Will the purple cards have variable rarity, or are you just as likely to pull an Akroma as you are a Fire Whip?

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven_anarchist View Post
    The real question is this: I have $20. A Matter of Life and Death OR Psionic Blast?
    Is this a reference to the new Iron Maiden album? If so, buy A Matter of Life and Death you won't regret it.

Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    OK, heres a question: Will the purple cards have variable rarity, or are you just as likely to pull an Akroma as you are a Fire Whip?
    You are just as likely to pull an Ovinomancer as a Psionic Blast. There is one purple card in every pack, so no variable rarity.

Thread Information