Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Pox

Re: [Deck Discussion] Pox & [New Card Discussion] Small Pox

Quote Originally Posted by SillyMetalGAT View Post
    You can run Confidant. You can run Shade. Nobody said you couldn't.
    Sure you can run them, but they both suck in this deck. Neither work well with Pox, and Shade is even worse because you don't want to play more than 3 lands! Building around Pox neccesitates using terrible win conditions, or risk making Pox too symmetrical.

The reason people run Cursed Scroll is because in addition to being a kill condition (not to mention if you get 2 of your kill conditions on the board, your doing 4-5 damage a turn to an opponent thats already at 10-13 because you Poxed them) Cursed Scroll also picks off creatures.
    Cursed Scroll as a win condition is a peice of garbage. I agree it's great at controlling opponent's creatures, but when you are paying 3 mana and having to play the extra lands that you draw so that you can deal 2 damage to your opponent a turn, it's ass. Especially seeing as it isn't being used as a reach element that is difficult to deal with, like most Sligh decks do, because it is actually one of the main win conditions.

Dark Ritual may be card disadvantage, but its amazing to go 1st turn Swamp, Ritual, Duress, Hymm. That rips your opponents hand down to 4. While you might be at 3 cards, you just fucked Combo completely, or you just ripped valuable card advantage from Threshold. Dark Ritual is a much needed card in order to keep up with the speed of such decks as IGGy pop, Solidarity, and Goblins.
    Swamp, Ritual, Duress & Hymn rips YOUR OWN hand down to 4, or even 3 if you are on the play. And in this deck, there are no good creatures that can take advantage of the momentary window that this discard creates. The only good play I can see with Dark Ritual is the fact that it makes Hypnotic Specter come out on the first turn, which is admittedly quite good. Other than that, Dark Ritual accelerates you into a whole lot of nothing at all.

The whole point behind a Pox deck is to recover from Pox faster than your opponent, then deny them the ability to ever recover. Until you do that, I normally wouldn't drop a threat. The only exception to this really is 1st turn Nether Spirit to get around Lacky if you have no other option. Nether Spirit is also the most amazing creature to have with Contamination if you try it. It works really well for me
    What I'm saying is that Pox is fundimentally flawed deck. It is totally built around breaking the symmetry of Pox, which forces you to run a completely awful deck. Like, look at the manabase for christ sakes! The deck can't run over 21 lands because it doesn't want to play more than 3. There is no draw engine whatsoever, because aparently having more than 3 cards in your hand is a "bad idea". It runs probably the worst threats in the whole format because you don't want them to die from Pox. It also sucks against aggro because Pox takes away between 5-7 life when you cast it the first time, which means you made their job waaaay easier. It also sucks as removal too, because you are spending 3 mana to (most of the time) kill a single one of their creatures. That simply isn't efficient.

Smallpox is easily way better than Pox because you can put it into a Monoblack control deck, or virtually any control deck that can afford BB and not even think twice about it. Sure it may not be as "powerful", but it doesn't pigeonhole you into playing a suboptimal deck. It also does everything a Control deck would want: It's cheap creature removal, it kills a single land which is usually what Pox does anyway, it doesn't make you discard most of your hand and you lose a much smaller amount of life.

EDIT: If you really want to run a Pox deck, run a Smallpox deck, but build it more like a mono black control deck with a real draw engine, and like 25-26 lands. You can still run the hand disruption and land destruction, but you can also run good win condition, a draw engine and a stable manabase.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    Swamp, Ritual, Duress & Hymn rips YOUR OWN hand down to 4, or even 3 if you are on the play. And in this deck, there are no good creatures that can take advantage of the momentary window that this discard creates. The only good play I can see with Dark Ritual is the fact that it makes Hypnotic Specter come out on the first turn, which is admittedly quite good. Other than that, Dark Ritual accelerates you into a whole lot of nothing at all.
    Your playing the spells, meaning your getting the effect stated on the card. Even though your down to 3 cards, your opponent LOST 3 cards. What im trying to say is, you can remove 3 key cards from your opponents hand, while you lose 3 cards doing it, but thats ok because now your opponent doesn't have shit against you. Plus, you know whats in their hand. Thats huge! You may not beleive that this is a big thing, but it is.

The other thing is that this build isn't optimal. I run this because I see a lot of decks like Survival, IGGy pop, Threshold, Solidarity, and Keeper. Combo and Control. My build does good for me because of the hand and land disruption. Build Pox around your meta, dont follow what I write if you face a lot of Zoo, Goblins, and other aggro.
    Team Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |.The STFU Truck..|||'""|""\__,_
    | __GTFO 4ever_w_ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Your playing the spells, meaning your getting the effect stated on the card. Even though your down to 3 cards, your opponent LOST 3 cards. What im trying to say is, you can remove 3 key cards from your opponents hand, while you lose 3 cards doing it, but thats ok because now your opponent doesn't have shit against you. Plus, you know whats in their hand. Thats huge! You may not beleive that this is a big thing, but it is.
    The point is is that you are trading 3 cards in your hand for 3 cards in theirs. I may seem better for you, but I mean, what is the advantage that you hope to gain from it? I can sort of understand against Combo, but against everything else it just seems like wash, and against Goblins, they will probably even come out ahead!

Furthermore, Dark Ritual is a terrible topdeck, and for a deck with 0 draw engine to negate drawing it, they start adding up quickly. It's far worse than a real land, because the longer the game progresses the more valuable a permanent source of mana becomes, and this deck isn't winning very quickly at all. I guess it is good if you want to keep land light for Pox, but that's part of the reason I think Pox should be replaced.

The other thing is that this build isn't optimal. I run this because I see a lot of decks like Survival, IGGy pop, Threshold, Solidarity, and Keeper. Combo and Control. My build does good for me because of the hand and land disruption. Build Pox around your meta, dont follow what I write if you face a lot of Zoo, Goblins, and other aggro.
    I just think that Pox is a poor deck all around, regardless of meta considerations. I think that with the printing of Smallpox, Pox can actually become an effective control deck, rather than a poor aggro/control deck. It is essentially a control deck right now, because it takes so long to win. With Smallpox you can run a stable manabase, a draw engine and a good win condition, while keeping a disruption suite in place.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Furthermore, Dark Ritual is a terrible topdeck, and for a deck with 0 draw engine to negate drawing it, they start adding up quickly. It's far worse than a real land, because the longer the game progresses the more valuable a permanent source of mana becomes, and this deck isn't winning very quickly at all. I guess it is good if you want to keep land light for Pox, but that's part of the reason I think Pox should be replaced.
    You do know that when you have Cursed Scroll in play and are in topdeck mode, Dark Ritual isn't a waste? I know this sounds like a one-in-a-million, but it happens quite often. This deck relys on being in topdeck, thats when you start shelling out damage. Hopefully when your in topdeck so isnt your opponent. Try using a build on MWS, ill be glad to play against you sometime with it. Maybe you can prove me wrong, maybe you'll learn something about the synergy in this deck. This entire deck has synergy. I think your thinking of Small Pox in the wrong context. I would use it as Pox 5-8, since that is essentially what it is. The other thing is that are we certain this card is going to be printed?

If you think Pox is a bad deck, why post here? Make a new deck that doesn't use it and post it. For all I know, it could be better. But until then, Ill stick to Pox.

EDIT: Or give us some ideas to improve on it.
    Team Solo

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____

You do know that when you have Cursed Scroll in play and are in topdeck mode, Dark Ritual isn't a waste? I know this sounds like a one-in-a-million, but it happens quite often.
    A land accomplishes the exact same thing.

This deck relys on being in topdeck, thats when you start shelling out damage. Hopefully when your in topdeck so isnt your opponent.
    Not being in topdeck mode is better than being in topdeck mode. If you had a draw engine, like Phyrexian Arena or Skeletal Scrying, you would draw even more disruption, rather than simply hoping you draw well throughout the game. Decks that are built around Pox can't use draw engines because they either cost too much mana, too much life or are non-synergistic with Pox's scaling discard. It isn't a coincidence that all of the good decks in the format use a draw engine of some sort, and this should go double for a deck that destroys it's own resources.

Try using a build on MWS, ill be glad to play against you sometime with it. Maybe you can prove me wrong, maybe you'll learn something about the synergy in this deck. This entire deck has synergy. I think your thinking of Small Pox in the wrong context. I would use it as Pox 5-8, since that is essentially what it is. The other thing is that are we certain this card is going to be printed?
    Right now I'm finalizing the first installment of Battle of the Sets over on MTGSalvation, but once that is done and MWS is updated with TS cards, yeah, I'm going to build a Smallpox deck.

If you think Pox is a bad deck, why post here? Make a new deck that doesn't use it and post it. For all I know, it could be better. But until then, Ill stick to Pox.

EDIT: Or give us some ideas to improve on it.
    I'm posting here because I'm trying to make this deck more viable, and I am giving ideas to improve apon it.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Adding white to the deck would give you more cards to use, but at the risk of getting wasted.... which isn't a good thing for this deck. at all. White also gives the deck StP, which I know I wouldn't complain about having.
    I would. Swords to Plowshares is godawful in Pox. Half the games you play come down to a swing of 1-2 life points. Anything, be it Fetchlands or STP, that helps move this life swing in favor of your opponent, is bad. If you want the 1-mana remover, try Innocent Blood. It's hot sex in Pox. The only reason for white in Pox is Vindicate and the incredibly sauceome Gerrard's Verdict, and even then it's personally not worth it to me.

Okay, now that I've realized Nether Spirit doesn't actually trigger if there's a Squee in the yard (Meh. I shouldn't make decks in the wee hours of the morning), at least I don't have to worry about hunting up four Squees. I think Nether Spirit is clearly the kill condition of choice, the question seems to be mostly regarding its backups (Idol, Scroll, Factory, Rack, Totem, Shade, Confidant.)

I don't like Scroll in this new Pox. Pox+Smallpox = too unlikely that I'll always have three mana to spare. Ditto for Phyrexian Totem. I like The Rack because it's insanely difficult to get rid of and does its dirty work time and time again for a single colorless mana, but I've never liked the dissynergy between The Rack and Sinkhole (Namely, if you deny your opponent the ability to play the spells in his hand, it's tricky to keep his hand empty.) I also like Chimeric Idol due to the fact that keeping mana untapped is never a priority for Pox, but relying on him too heavily would be risky, as Pithing Needle is something Pox can't get around. The same goes for Mishra's Factory. It's awesome, it's solid, it dies to Pithing Needle. You also can't run both Chimeric Idol and Mishra's Factory at maximum effectiveness, as you'd have to tap the Factory to swing with the Idol. I hate Shade/Confidant here, as they die to my own Pox/Smallpox.

So every alternate kill besides Nether Spirit has drawbacks. At the same time, it's a bad idea to rely entirely on Nether Spirit for the kill, as you're a bit of graveyard hate away from disaster.

So the question now would be, is it best to diversify the kill conditions broadly, running smatterings of Rack/Scroll/Factory/Idol/Etc, or is there some gem of a kill condition we haven't found yet?

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    I would. Swords to Plowshares is godawful in Pox. Half the games you play come down to a swing of 1-2 life points. Anything, be it Fetchlands or STP, that helps move this life swing in favor of your opponent, is bad. If you want the 1-mana remover, try Innocent Blood. It's hot sex in Pox. The only reason for white in Pox is Vindicate and the incredibly sauceome Gerrard's Verdict, and even then it's personally not worth it to me.

Okay, now that I've realized Nether Spirit doesn't actually trigger if there's a Squee in the yard (Meh. I shouldn't make decks in the wee hours of the morning), at least I don't have to worry about hunting up four Squees. I think Nether Spirit is clearly the kill condition of choice, the question seems to be mostly regarding its backups (Idol, Scroll, Factory, Rack, Totem, Shade, Confidant.)

I don't like Scroll in this new Pox. Pox+Smallpox = too unlikely that I'll always have three mana to spare. Ditto for Phyrexian Totem. I like The Rack because it's insanely difficult to get rid of and does its dirty work time and time again for a single colorless mana, but I've never liked the dissynergy between The Rack and Sinkhole (Namely, if you deny your opponent the ability to play the spells in his hand, it's tricky to keep his hand empty.) I also like Chimeric Idol due to the fact that keeping mana untapped is never a priority for Pox, but relying on him too heavily would be risky, as Pithing Needle is something Pox can't get around. The same goes for Mishra's Factory. It's awesome, it's solid, it dies to Pithing Needle. You also can't run both Chimeric Idol and Mishra's Factory at maximum effectiveness, as you'd have to tap the Factory to swing with the Idol. I hate Shade/Confidant here, as they die to my own Pox/Smallpox.

So every alternate kill besides Nether Spirit has drawbacks. At the same time, it's a bad idea to rely entirely on Nether Spirit for the kill, as you're a bit of graveyard hate away from disaster.

So the question now would be, is it best to diversify the kill conditions broadly, running smatterings of Rack/Scroll/Factory/Idol/Etc, or is there some gem of a kill condition we haven't found yet?
    Im stickin to Spirit/Idol/Scroll until the Totem comes out, then I will probably go Spirit/Idol/Totem. Scroll is still the best option next to The Rack, even if you think your running too much self-land destruction. BTW, I have yet to have a problem with being mana light, even with 8 Pox effects. Your right about Innocent Blood though, I kinda forgot about that card. Is anyone else expiriencing mana problems with 4 Dark Rits, 17 Swamps, and 4 Wastelands?

I dont get why your so concerned with a draw engine, Alfred. Goblins doesn't run any draw besides Goblin Ringleader (unless you count Incinerators...) This deck doesnt need it. Think about it. You only have 21 dead cards, 17 of which are lands. so 1 in every 3 draws hypothetically, you'll draw a land. But your drawing 2 disruption spells in the process, weighing your opponent down until you find a threat to start beating face with.
    Team Solo

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Haakon is a good kill condition, because he's bigger, and difficult to remove. In fact, if you run a deck with him and Phyrexian Totem, you could probably ditch Pox entirely, and go for Smallpox with a few Death Clouds, and some way to ramp mana up more quickly. Death Cloud still allows you to function as a control deck, yet is also more devistating against Combo than Pox, as you get to eliminate lands and cards in one fell swoop.

I would add green, both for mana ramping as well as Living Wish -> Boseiju, so that you can cast Death Cloud with impunity. Or maybe Burning Wish and red to get Death Clouds out of the board. I could even see this deck running a sort of 3 color control with Deeds, Burning Wish, etc. etc.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Haakon is a good kill condition, because he's bigger, and difficult to remove. In fact, if you run a deck with him and Phyrexian Totem, you could probably ditch Pox entirely, and go for Smallpox with a few Death Clouds, and some way to ramp mana up more quickly. Death Cloud still allows you to function as a control deck, yet is also more devistating against Combo than Pox, as you get to eliminate lands and cards in one fell swoop.

I would add green, both for mana ramping as well as Living Wish -> Boseiju, so that you can cast Death Cloud with impunity. Or maybe Burning Wish and red to get Death Clouds out of the board. I could even see this deck running a sort of 3 color control with Deeds, Burning Wish, etc. etc.
    Haakon isn't a bad idea really. Death Cloud, however, is. It would be fine if it didn't cost so damn much. You have to remember that Death Cloud has a HUGE target on it counterwise. Also, you dont really want to go 2 colors with this deck because you again, run into wasteland problems unless you ran LftL or Crucible..... in which case, that wouldn't be for this thread. Burning Wish is a god awful idea. I would never play Burning Wish in a Pox deck. Burning Wish is like a Time Walk for your opponent when you only have 3 mana. Instead of trying to change this deck entirely, why not just change the kill conditions? Seriously I dont think you have any faith in this deck... So at least play with it before you try to change what it does entirely. If Pox wasn't a good card, why would there be a deck built around it?
    Team Solo

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____

How are you getting away with running 21 lands (4 of which are wastelands so essentially 17 lands!) in a deck where eight cards cause you to sac your own lands.

That seems horrible. I mean even burn runs atleast 18 cards and their curve mostly tops off at 2 and they have Magma Jet to help find land. Our curve has tons of 3cc cards and 8 sac effects.

We need 23 lands min unless we run chrome mox.

Haakron IS a bad idea.

a.) He increases your reliance on the yard.

b.) He costs you two life everytime he goes to the yard, meaning you can't sac him to Pox with impunity.

c.) He cost 3 mana to recast each time he goes to the yard.

d.) You're better off running a traditional deadguy creature base along with 2 Volrath's stronghold than running Haakron.

A key question.

Chrome Mox or No.

The Good: It accelerates your whole gameplan by a turn, lets you Hymn turn one etc and thus lets you disrupt goblins and combo faster.

It lets you have four permanent mana sources on the board.

The Bad: It costs you a card in a deck without any card drawing.

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

GAT isnt getting away with 21 lands. Its a purposed decklist at the moment and testing with Small Pox has not begun. Im sure we'll need to add more lands or some moxen. Right now I like aggro zombies list the most but here is the one I came up with..

17 Swamp
    4 Wasteland
    1 Cabal Pit
    2 Mox Diamond
    3 Nether Spirit
    3 Pox
    3 Smallpox
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Crucible of Worlds
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Sinkhole
    3 Smother
    3 Innocent Blood
    3 Infest
    3 Phyrexian Totem

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Duress
    2 Smokestack
    2 Engineered Plague
    3 Trinisphere
    Now playing real formats.

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Quote Originally Posted by bane_of_the_living View Post
    GAT isnt getting away with 21 lands. Its a purposed decklist at the moment and testing with Small Pox has not begun. Im sure we'll need to add more lands or some moxen. Right now I like aggro zombies list the most but here is the one I came up with..
    Actually, I did do testing when I got home..... Thats why I asked you to go online...... But anyways.

I actually took Small Pox out of the deck. Personally, I think its a waste of 4 slots that could be dedicated to something like more creature kill like Smother. I dont really like the fact that out of all the creature kill im running, none of its targeted removal. Also, Small Pox makes the deck too suicidal, and I often found myself with not enough lands.... like noted above from aggo zombies. So I decided to just remove Small Pox instead of trying to accomidate for it with Moxen and whatnot.... F that shit. You really dont need it. If anythign, the only card to add in is the Phyrexian Totem. Man that card is teh KNUTZ.
    Team Solo

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____

Cutting Small Pox, that's crazy, crazier than running 21 lands even!!

Small Pox is Innocent Blood + Sinkhole + Funeral Charm all in one 2cc spell.

Not only does it have mad synergy with Pox,

It is a better card than Pox overall, though Pox is stronger in a deck built specifically around it.

If you want more removal, run Infest. It kills off their weenies so they have to sac their big guys both to this, Pox, and Innocent Blood.

Phyrexian Totem mostly seems okay at best. There's too many better kill cards like Chimeric Idol, Nether Spirit, The Rack and Cruicible.

And you certainly dont want to use up a disruption piece's slot for it.

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Cutting Small Pox, that's crazy, crazier than running 21 lands even!!

Small Pox is Innocent Blood + Sinkhole + Funeral Charm all in one 2cc spell.

Not only does it have mad synergy with Pox,

It is a better card than Pox overall, though Pox is stronger in a deck built specifically around it.

If you want more removal, run Infest. It kills off their weenies so they have to sac their big guys both to this, Pox, and Innocent Blood.

Phyrexian Totem mostly seems okay at best. There's too many better kill cards like Chimeric Idol, Nether Spirit, The Rack and Cruicible.

And you certainly dont want to use up a disruption piece's slot for it.
    Umm...... so your saying its better to run more mana sources but less disruption just to compliment Small Pox? There aren't any open slots in my decklist and im running 9 kill conditions. 3 Spirit + 3 Idol + 3 Totem. So I didn't cut any disruption for it. Your list however, did. Im running more disruption and I dont need Small Pox. Not to mention there isn't even comfirmation of this cards printing yet. So your all going to be quite dissapointed if its not made. If it is, then I retract this statement and may take a serious look at the card.
    Team Solo

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____

Considering that there is an italian scan of it online from a site where many of their scanned ended up preview cards, I think it's pretty well confirmed.

Running Small Pox isn't cutting disruption. Small Pox is three disruption cards for the price of one. It's well worth upping your land count by 2 if you can play a card that does the work of three of your other cards.

Also, my build runs 4 Mutilate. If you want to cut something for Innocent Blood or Smother or Infest, cut that, not small pox.

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

I wouldnt run Mutilate since its slow and your other removal spells most likely leave only one man alive at a time. Making Mutilate a 1 for 1 trade at 4cc, above your curve.. I hate to play 4cc spells in this deck and now that Small Pox is in it you'd have to be a mad man to play more expensive spells. I think Crucible becomes a necessity when playing both poxes in conjunction as well as keeping Wasteland in the manabase. Totem will help keep mana on the table and so will some version of moxen. I prefer Diamond thanks to Crucible synergy. Mishras Factory should definitly be added as at least a 2 of for a recurring win condition.

Crucible of the Worlds is MVP. Everyone should at least test a build with it. Compare it to pox without it and see it as the bomb it is.
    Now playing real formats.

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Considering that there is an italian scan of it online from a site where many of their scanned ended up preview cards, I think it's pretty well confirmed.

Running Small Pox isn't cutting disruption. Small Pox is three disruption cards for the price of one. It's well worth upping your land count by 2 if you can play a card that does the work of three of your other cards.

Also, my build runs 4 Mutilate. If you want to cut something for Innocent Blood or Smother or Infest, cut that, not small pox.

Can i have a link to this picture? I looked for it for hours and was unsuccessful.
    Team Solo

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____

Out of curiosity, has Uba Mask been considered? It makes post Pox/Small Pox great, makes the Rack crazy, prevents people from recovering, and caan randomly screw a deck like Thres.. This is only for the builds running Crucible, since otherwise it'll screw you alot also.
    [3. LocalDefense]: English is under attack!

Can i have a link to this picture? I looked for it for hours and was unsuccessful.
    Gatherer has been updated with Time Spiral and both Smallpox and the Totem are in there. So, testing can seriously commence once someone (not me, too lazy) throws together a patch for MWS. And yes, Crucible is a house, but...I found I just wasn't that impressed with it. Granted, I only ran it as a two-of in my old build, but I would rather draw a Spirit or an Idol than this outside of the early game. However, the addition of Phyrexian Totem and Smallpox may necessitate running it, since not doing so makes the deck pretty suicidal in terms of mana. Once the MWS patch comes out, I'll start messing with things.

All the talk about exploing the symmetry of Pox and having to run bad cards to do so...what if we just used Pox in a different sort of shell? Haakon is a great idea, a creature that you don't care about discarding or sacrificing, and he makes everyone else you might discard or sacrifice that much better.

Perhaps using Pox and Smallpox as massive utility in a Haakon-style shell would work well. Haakon allows us to run some toolbox knights with evasion (flying) or first strike and ups the threat count by a great deal. Maybe a shell like

Haakon Pox
    Lands
    19xSwamp
    4xWasteland

Creatures
    4xHaakon, Stromgald Scourge
    4xBlack Knight
    3xOrder of the Ebon Hand
    3xStromgald Crusader

Spells/Disruption
    4xDuress
    4xHymn to Tourach
    3xSinkhole
    4xDark Ritual
    4xPox
    4xSmallpox

Goblins and Aether Vial aren't so great to play against, but the list does very well against Thresh/Solidarity/Pikula. I found that The Rack/Chimeric Idol/Nether Spirits were just too glacial of a clock, and Phyrexian Idol seems too suicidal to me.

Thread Information