Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Spiral Pre-Release: Who's Going?

Phasing, cumulative upkeep, echo, fading, flanking, rampage
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Time Spiral Pre-Release: Who's Going?

Well, since tomorrow is the Pre-Release of the highly anticipated Time Spiral set, and the official unveiling of the purple cards, I figured I would ask:

Who here is going to a pre-release for Time Spiral and which one are you going to?

I, like always, will be judging in Syracuse. Although the location for Saturday is the Syracuse OnCenter as opposed to at How You Altered the Name. Sunday will be held there, however.
    Old Fogey

You're not just wrong, rules say you're a dick!

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Re: Time Spiral Pre-Release: Who's Going?

If I can get Herbig down here and his GF gives the OK, I'd like to go tomorrow. Either way, Rich you should pick me up in the morning before you go.

Bazaar Legalization Advocate
    Nov 2003
    Syracuse

Yup, I'm going.
    I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself.

This End-User License is an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (hereafter referred to as "Microsoft") and you, the end-user (hereafter referred to as "our bitch").

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Team Necro will be going to the one in Conneticut on Sunday.... Rob Alexander signing fetches and duals FTW? I want him to draw little Goblins on Wooded Foothills somewhere.... that would be the tits.
    Team Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |.The STFU Truck..|||'""|""\__,_
    | __GTFO 4ever_w_ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

CT, first Pre-Release at a location other than Syracuse as player or judge since before Invasion. It will be a little odd, to say the least. Oh well, working until midnight the night before should provide the same experience as driving to Syracuse and sleeping in someone's living room :) for proper ambience, of course (and I remain grateful for all the living room space provided over the years, thanks onlyone & jander).
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    CT, first Pre-Release at a location other than Syracuse as player or judge since before Invasion. It will be a little odd, to say the least. Oh well, working until midnight the night before should provide the same experience as driving to Syracuse and sleeping in someone's living room :) for proper ambience, of course (and I remain grateful for all the living room space provided over the years, thanks onlyone & jander).
    It won't be the same without you...
    Old Fogey

D1 Athlete
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse

It's been 3 years since I've played in a real magic tourny. I think it's about time I started again. Some people might call me an addict and I call those people losers.
    Si, I like cereal.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

I'm in...but out here in Portland. Still, good times.

I wish I had Solidarity built....I love playing 1.5 decks at Prereleases. Oh well, at least with Thresh or GrbSA other players get to play.
    InfoNinjas

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Me me me me me! I'm going! I'm going to Pre-Release!

In Richmond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by on1y0ne View Post
    It won't be the same without you...
    Thanks....I think ;) It is gonna be weird, hopefully good, but definitely not the same. Got so we knew what everybody was doing & how, it is a good crew.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Epic Library
    Nov 2004
    Syracuse New York

Well I'm going on Sunday. Anyone got a price on drafting?
    Quote Scrumdogg @ Amrod's:
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

The EPIC Syndicate - Grindermen
    Team Disquailified Poster Duey Cheatem & Howe.

May 2005

How'd it go? Anyone?

Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by Brushwagg View Post
    Well I'm going on Sunday. Anyone got a price on drafting?
    $18 if you don't play in the main event, $15 if you do.
    Old Fogey

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

3-2 overall, no prizes! Lame. I opened Teferi and Magus of the Disk, but had a lot of trouble building a deck to support them. Other rares: Lotus, the Green Eureka card, and something else bad in this format. I went BRg, with lots of removal (including Stormbind).

Anyway, I realized when I got home that I got severaly ripped off trading. I did not do a great job looking up prices ahead of time, and I do not know what I was thinking, but I traded an Ohran Viper ($15ish) and an Adarkar Valkerie (7-10ish) for an Asian Haunting Echoes (what, 15ish?). Grr. That's why I don't trade all that often. Yes, it was my fault. No, it does not make me feel any better about it.
    InfoNinjas

Insert Clever Adjetives Here
    Jun 2006
    Austin Texas

i went to the san antonio pre release along with a ton of other people. everyone was whoring over the pre release lotus blossums. i happened to open a foil mystic snake and i say a foil tormods crypt being opened, it looked quite sexy by the way. i wonder what the prices for some of these card will be.

I went today; bought some new sleeves (my old ones were awful), some Unhinged Islands, and a pair of FoWs. Played in some team sealed, and used some terrible U/B deck rife with suspenders and Paradox Hazes; our team went 0-3 first match, byed the second, and went 2-1 in the third (the final match was me in Game 3, so I cracked a fortune cookie beforehand; somehow, that was the one game where my deck worked really well instead of absolutely miserable. Fortune cookie FTW!), so we pulled a few packs.

The set seems removal-light, so creatures tend to stick for a while in Limited. Shadow's also huge, and Dauthi Slayer hasn't lost anything in the past nine years.

Oh, and my inner Vorthos died today when I had to surrender a foil Ur-Dragon after pulling it during a casual draft (the pack sucked regardless). Coolest-looking card I ever saw, and I had to give it up to the winners.
    "This unholy weapon is obviously intended for Quality Assurance to massacre any creature in their path as quickly as possible." - Planescape: Torment

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Well, I opened a Psionic Blast, Wheel Of Fates, and some other junk, but I had Rob Alexander sign all our duals, Fethces, and Shock Lands! He even doodled on AoD's Armegeddons. Its sick lookin now!
    Team Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |.The STFU Truck..|||'""|""\__,_
    | __GTFO 4ever_w_ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Aug 2006
    Somewhere in NY

Went 1-2 drop in the bonus flight saturday, but I won 4-0 sunday ^_^. Of all things Slivers won the day. Sedge Sliver + Bonesplitter Sliver won me so many matches, it was unreal.

NO FUN JUST PSYCHATOGS
    Oct 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts

I played Two-Headed Giant, my favorite non-Legacy format. We cracked a ridiculous black-blue removal/bounce/draw suite with GHOST SHIP FTW and a bunch of other really good flyers. I had some aggressive suspend green/red guys with some support white. Our rares included Teferi and Lim-Dul, both ridiculous bombs. We went 2-1 losing only to ridiculous huge guys in round one, the Kraken that was given pro-blue so we couldn't bounce it (and having two bounce at the same time was not working) and the suspend 10 9/7 that's ridiculous. A 9/7 haste on like turn 4/5 is solid. All in all, we didn't get anything ridiculously Constructed playable, but I really like this new set and I think limited is going to be great. Rob Alexander also signed my duals and fetches and drew a Godless Shrine on my playmat. That was pretty badass. I'll try and get a scan in the pimp thread if I remember tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook
    This change also changed the sideboard, Xantid Swarm - it’s been real. Peace.

Time Lord
    Apr 2005
    Syracuse NY

I couldn't go, but I'm dying to know how the purple-symbol "Timeshifted" cards are distributed with Time Spiral. Anybody figure the distribution scheme at the pre-release? EDIT: They just updated wizards.com with the answer to my question: one Timeshift card replaces one common slot in each Time Spiral booster pack.

On a side note, I heard here (via mtgsalvation) that foils will always replace commons now, regardless of the foil's rarity.

Thread Information