Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [New Card Discussion] Holy Shit Part II

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Re: [New Card Discussion] Holy Shit Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
    Well..for Solidarity:

You can't go off in response to lethal damage against decks which run this card.

You have to Brain Freeze exactly because you don't want your opponet to draw his whole library and give him a turn to use it.
    More than one turn, really. If you Stroke him for his entire library, he's going to have another Angel's Grace or 3 in his hand

This is a very good card against Solidarity.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

In regards to Quicksilver's signature-it looks like wizards finally did print a solidarity hoser. The problem here is that they run Twincast. Only testing will show the true power, if any.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    The fairly obvious flaw in your reasoning is that Dark Ritual and Wild Cantor do produce mana. Pretending they don't won't change the function of the cards.

Wow there's some ill communication here.

First, who goes off with lethal damage on the stack? Go off in their beginning of combat phase, so you can use a Turnabout to tap their creatures into not attacking if you have to.

Second, Twincast isn't relevant because you can't respond to Angel's Grace in order to copy it. I'm not seeing this one.

If you Stroke him for his entire library, he's going to have another Angel's Grace or 3 in his hand
    I had not thought of that, so you win that point. I guess in combination with Blessing, this is indeed good against Tide. But still only against Tide, and only in combination with Blessing (otherwise Tide can still Freeze your library away and watch you die on your next turn).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    First, who goes off with lethal damage on the stack? Go off in their beginning of combat phase, so you can use a Turnabout to tap their creatures into not attacking if you have to.
    Clearly, you have never been bolted to death after the combat phase.

EDIT: Is this card useful for Life decks? I don't know anything about the combo, but I would imagine that staying at one life for another turn while you set up your combo is pretty sweet. Plus, it helps with the Solidarity matchup, which can't be favorable.

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Clearly, you have never been bolted to death after the combat phase.
    Then you'd lose anyway, what's your point? If the Solidarity player can't kill you with Stroke of Genius, they try to mill your deck. In that situation, you still get the rest of your turn anyway, and the rest of your extra turn (Meditate) until your draw step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    Then you'd lose anyway, what's your point? If the Solidarity player can't kill you with Stroke of Genius, they try to mill your deck. In that situation, you still get the rest of your turn anyway, and the rest of your extra turn (Meditate) until your draw step.
    I never claimed my situation would affect the card in question or even the game result, I was simply stating that there are situations where Solidarity has to go off with letal damage on the stack.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I played Solidarity for a while before people started hating it out of the area and I used one Words of wisdom main because of the dominace of Sligh and Goblins here. It made it a lot easier to just wait until lethal damage was on the stack and just go off ending with a Words. You usually got an extra land drop out of the deal instead of trying to go with only 3 lands.

I would run Seedtime before I run this card.

Most good combo decks run blue and run 4 Brainstorm which they always wait till the end of your turn to play. Respond to one with Seedtime and you get an extra turn.

The cool part is, Seedtime is good against a ton of noncombo decks to, and pretty much everything control.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

This is really lame thread about a mediocre card.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Thread Information