Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [New Card Discussion] Holy Shit Part II

I aim to misbehave

Sep 2005
    NYC...ish.

[New Card Discussion] Holy Shit Part II

Angel's Grace W
    Instant

Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't play spells or activated abilities that aren't mana abilities.)

You can't lose the game this turn and your opponents can't win the game this turn. Until end of turn, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead.

...and just about everyone got a kick to the junk. Along with Orim's Chant and Abeyance, this gives white a fair chance against combo. If only Isochron Scepter wasn't so vulnerable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    A "limited player" is a player with a mental handicap and is thus "limited"
    A "legacy player" is an old player that may or may not be senile.

Both require the use of diapers.

Aug 2006
    Philly

Re: [New Card Discussion] Holy Shit Part II

Yeah that is really rediculous might not be as good as chant but prob. as good as abeyance also if they can kill u on their turn u r screwed as hell.

I haven't still understood if that "splice second" means that it can't be countered too *_*

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    I haven't still understood if that "splice second" means that it can't be countered too *_*
    Since no one can play spells or abilities while it is on the stack it can't be countered.

insane cards then...overall the green disenchant with splice 2... bah, too strong ability

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Doesn't do a damn thing vs. IGGy Pop. Loss of life (Tendrils of Agony) isn't prevented. Well, I suppose it does let you live half a turn, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Just bored.
    Feb 2006
    San Jose

Yeah but iggy pop now has another creature it has to deal with in order to win. The one with a W casting cost 1/1 Sac this critter to gain life equal to the life lost this turn. Could totally own IGGy pop if they don't bounce it.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    Since no one can play spells or abilities while it is on the stack it can't be countered.
    This is not exactly true. It can't be countered with spells or activated abilities. Triggered abilities will still trigger though, so Counterbalance, for instance, can still counter it.

Aug 2006
    NL, Iowa

does this card getting printed make scepter chant a more viable deck? If so then what starting decklist base would you use?
    Team J3W: because christianity just wasn't enough.
    Friggorid
    Solidarity
    Goblins
    Threshold

Johny Rogue
    Feb 2006
    Mysterious land of Poland

Posting fake since the spoiler is completed is pure idiocy, isn't it?
    Common Sense was reprinted as rare.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    Posting fake since the spoiler is completed is pure idiocy, isn't it?
    I'm confused. Are you saying this card is a fake? We're talking about Angel's Grace, right? http://magiccards.info/ts/en/3/ That one?

Johny Rogue
    Feb 2006

Hmm, sorry, I' blind.

How could I miss this card? It's unbielievable! Easily handles most of combo decks. (maybe except Solidarity, but additional turn is worth effort).

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    How could I miss this card? It's unbielievable! Easily handles most of combo decks. (maybe except Solidarity, but additional turn is worth effort).
    Which combo decks are you talking about? It doesn't really handle Brain Freeze and Tendrils of Agony which are the most prevalent combo kill cards. All it does is to delay the inevitable.

Whatever

Mar 2006
    L'Aquila, Italy

IMHO pretty sucks...

Only keeps you alive until next turn.

Johny Rogue
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mogote View Post
    Which combo decks are you talking about? It doesn't really handle Brain Freeze and Tendrils of Agony which are the most prevalent combo kill cards. All it does is to delay the inevitable.
    You are right about Tendrils. The problem is that random other combo decks that might be stopped by this card suck already.
    But against Solidarity... cast it at the beginning of your upkeep when library is empty and swing with all critters once more. Might be sueful.

Dream-Faerie Unicorn
    Apr 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Elfrago View Post
    IMHO pretty sucks...

Only keeps you alive until next turn.
    Having one in your hand forces solidarity to go off a turn sooner than they normally would. Unfortunately you have to play a fast clock for it to be effective, and even then it's horrible against every other deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    Can you find the compound nouns in the following sentence?

Hey douche bag! Your girl-friend is a dirty cocksucker. After I gangbanged her in my bedroom, I had to take my sheets to the dry-cleaners.
    Be my pupil on mybrute. It's fun. I swear.

just wants to cuddle
    Jan 2006
    Geneseo NY

Combine this card with 1/2 gaea's blessings, and it's be a real threat for solidarity.
    I'm here to kick ass and play card games.

BZK

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Now THIS one is actually useful against Tendrils.

http://mtgsalvation.com/spoiler/time-spiral/

Children of Korlis W
    Creature - Human Rebel Cleric
    Sacrifice Children of Korlis: You gain life equal to the life you've lost this turn. (Damage causes loss of life.)
    1/1

You can wait until a few of the Tendrils copies hits and just about kills you then use it regaining quite a bit of life to survive the last ones. I like this one. It's an auto-include in type 1 fish decks if anything and may spawn some interesting Angel stompy varients also for Legacy.

I think I'm the most happiest about this one though. It's just plain useful

Wipe Away 1UU
    Instant
    Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't play spells or activated abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
    Return target permanent to its owner's hand.

Finally you can bounce something and they can't do stupid crap in response.

This card is trash. It does nothing to Brain Freeze (without Blessing backup) or Tendrils, and it doesn't even beat Salvagers (they burn you to 1, empty their mana pool with Salvager activations, then simply play out an LED and a Pyrite Spellbomb and kill you in your upkeep. Or wish for Maga/Orzhov Guildmage and life loss your ass into the ground).

Even with Blessings in your deck, it's also not really going to help against Tide if you give them enough time to generate the mana to Stroke you out. You won't lose this turn but you won't have a library and then you'll lose that way.

[s]This card beats NO combos that are any good.[/s] Actually I cannot think of any combos this beats unless you count Dark Ritual-Hatred as a combo. Maybe Pandeburst but again only if they have the absolute minimum combo (1 of each), otherwise they do the same thing Salvagers did above. Even Trix is life loss, and you would die on your own untap step anyway.

The Korliss Kids look a lot better - at least they make Tendrils go off for 40 or find a removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Well..for Solidarity:

You can't go off in response to lethal damage against decks which run this card.

You have to Brain Freeze exactly because you don't want your opponet to draw his whole library and give him a turn to use it.

Thread Information