Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pros and Cons of Playing Established Decks

Dream-Faerie Unicorn
    Apr 2005

Re: The Pros and Cons of Playing Established Decks

Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Your lucky you aren't sitting across from him.
    So is Jack's dignity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    Can you find the compound nouns in the following sentence?

Hey douche bag! Your girl-friend is a dirty cocksucker. After I gangbanged her in my bedroom, I had to take my sheets to the dry-cleaners.
    Be my pupil on mybrute. It's fun. I swear.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

And, playing an old deck that can't compete anymore isn't going rogue, its not being able to let go of the fact that its' time has come and gone. Examples include stompy, mono red sligh, burn, enchantress, ect.
    That's a sweeping statement that can be used to justify dismisiveness of any deck that resembles any past deck even slightly(read:any deck).
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Old School
    Jan 2004
    Rotterdam, NY otherwise known as the 1.5 Capital

And, playing an old deck that can't compete anymore isn't going rogue, its not being able to let go of the fact that its' time has come and gone. Examples include stompy, mono red sligh, burn, enchantress, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spat
    That's a sweeping statement that can be used to justify dismisiveness of any deck that resembles any past deck even slightly(read:any deck).
    The bigger problem is that alot of people haven't thought about what is available to make these decks better, but when it does pop into the woodwork, it can be a nasty surprise. IE 9-land Stompy from Legacy Champs, no one expected it and to make matters worse he had an optimized deck list.

Really this format doesn't really have a 'rogue' area unless your really really stuck on this whole 'tier' system of grading decks. Any deck in this format can be adjusted to have a better match-up against a deck and alot of players are truly incompinant(sp(sorry P_R)) with what is going on and don't know how and what to play vs. various decks.

This format should really be a format for 'rogue-ish' style decks. With so many decent decks all viable, no one should really complain that a 'random' deck wins a major tourney. The problem that happens though is that what people describe as 'random' become decks not worth time testing against or even playing in the first place since there isn't anything going behind it anyway. It's these sort of things that really prevent this format from really becoming anything really important in the eyes of alot of people. And the 'good' 'random' decks that can be optimized are just shunted off to the last page and nothing is ever heard of it again, until it wins another tourney.
    Mythic Rogue Deck Builder
    Team Freshly Baked Crayons
    Team Albany

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

I went Rogue last night at Pandemonium's weekly Legacy event and it paid off with a 1st place finish. The Zoo wins again. Here's a link to the Deck and Primer I wrote up. http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=28426.0 The current list is posted at/near the end of the thread, currently.
    When other people do not assert themselves, they may still have something to be proud of, something that they believe is unrivalled, but it is just that they have not got the same vulgarity of throwing their weight about and imposing themselves and their beliefs on other people. - Dunduzu Kalui Chisiza

If you think a topic is dumb, don't add to it. Pretty simple. - Bardo

That's not rogue. Until the Lotus tournament, I wasn't aware you owned any decks that weren't Zoo. You've been playing that for. ev. er. And it's been effective for. ev. er. When the entire meta should expect it, it isn't exactly rogue.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    That's not rogue.
    I havn't touched it for over 2 months, as evidenced by the dust I had to wipe off the deck box. You're just bitter because you haven't been able to beat the deck in match play frigg. in. ...ever.

And it's been effective for. ev. er
    Just wait until you see it in action...with Grunts...maindeck! It's A. maze. ing! Goblins are too slow to keep up with me...as evidenced by me not giving a shit when my top 4 opponent dropped a first turn Lackey. He bragged that he put up 25 points of damage on t4 in the previous round. I swung through it with a double Rancored Kird Ape. When he gempalmed the Ape after combat damage, I dropped Grunt and Rancored him up...he never even got to untap for turn 4. ...[edit] just like what happens when I play you. [end edit]
    When other people do not assert themselves, they may still have something to be proud of, something that they believe is unrivalled, but it is just that they have not got the same vulgarity of throwing their weight about and imposing themselves and their beliefs on other people. - Dunduzu Kalui Chisiza

If you think a topic is dumb, don't add to it. Pretty simple. - Bardo

Thread Information