Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Spiral almost out. How many Boxes will you buy?

HAS GOTTEN TOP DECKED LIKE NON OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Sep 2006

Time Spiral almost out. How many Boxes will you buy?

Just wanted to know how many booster boxes u guys will buy midnight hitting Friday.

This will be my first booster box in a while. I'll buy one and trade what i have with it.

On average I see people buy between 2-5 for heavy mtg players.

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Re: Time Spiral almost out. How many Boxes will you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by al the great View Post
    Just wanted to know how many booster boxes u guys will buy midnight hitting Friday.

This will be my first booster box in a while. I'll buy one and trade what i have with it.

On average I see people buy between 2-5 for heavy mtg players.

I go to the WOC Loading Docks tonight if anyone wants to join me in the raiding fun.
    Team Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |.The STFU Truck..|||'""|""\__,_
    | __GTFO 4ever_w_ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Zero.

Instant Bacon
    Dec 2005
    MN, US

I might actually buy a box or two.

The last box I bought was Onslaught. Since then I've just been buying fatpacks and winning packs from tournaments.

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    Zero.
    Same, I really don't buy boxes anymore. I just save the money and then buy the cards I'm going to need/want from the set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

I did my standard "really neat-looking set" two boxes. Can't wait to pick them up on Friday...this set is going to be so good in my casual group, it's not even funny.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

I might buy 1 or 2 boxes, but I'll probably just buy the cards I need off of e-bay.

I like how the TS boosters can contain a Rare, Foil Rare, and Timeshifted Rare. Definitely an incentive to buy a box.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

Aug 2006
    Omaha

I have one on preorder.

Phasing, cumulative upkeep, echo, fading, flanking, rampage
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

I already opened my two boxes for judging. I would love to get more, but I am out of work right now, so funding is a bit tough. Disability doesn't pay squat.
    Old Fogey

You're not just wrong, rules say you're a dick!

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by on1y0ne View Post
    I already opened my two boxes for judging. I would love to get more, but I am out of work right now, so funding is a bit tough. Disability doesn't pay squat.
    Did you pull anything good? Does it seem like the packs are better on average than Ravnica?
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

Sep 2004
    Jamestown, IN

I'm not buying any boxes for this set. There are just not enough cards in it that I really want. I'll just draft for what I want.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Opened my box for judging & bought all the singles I really wanted off Ebay. Looks like a fantastic set but I don't get a chance to draft so buying a box is less efficient than getting the singles I wanted.
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Oct 2003
    Rochester, NY

Zero. If I want singles, I Ebay them. If I want packs to draft with, well, the local T2 scene has basically awarded me 3 draft sets/week as a penance.

Aug 2006
    Omaha

Opening boxes is so much fun though.

Heh.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Agreed. Opening boxes is the fun. Especially with this set.

I wish I could buy boxes with like, other people's money. You know, like, Mindslaver some rich guy IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

None. Not Standard legal. And the Timeshifted rares being so bomby not only tends to negate the value on the actual rare, but on the commons and uncommons, too.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    None. Not Standard legal. And the Timeshifted rares being so bomby not only tends to negate the value on the actual rare, but on the commons and uncommons, too.
    Actually, Akroma has TRIPLED in value since she was confirmed as a "chase" in Type 2 again. Go look at FMC prices, she's $20-30 for Legions, $10-20 (at best) for the TSS version. Avatar of Woe, still fetching $10-15, Browbeat UP to a rediculous $2-5, and Gemstone Mine is still floating around $5. Also, Psychic Drain is also still at $20 card, and expect it to go up, with Izzet Guild losing it's combo deck in T2 after rotation. Tormod's Crypt and Feldons Cane? $2-5 each in black border, not even counting the fact that the original versions tanked after Chronicles, and have slowly been going back up due to popularity of graveyard based decks in Extended and T2 (the prime suspects for card values).

If anything, people want the originals MORE now, because they feel they're harder to get (and in most cases, it's very true).

As for me, I'm cracking 6 cases of boosters, and 3 cases of tournament decks (54 boxes total) between Thursday and Friday nights. But this is also because I'm a store owner, so I need enough of it to last a while, lol. This set is looking to be very promising for the Type 2 and Extended players, but in all honesty, Legacy and Vintage could really care less about 90% of the total set.

If I had the cash as a personal player and didn't have the storefront, I'd probably just buy a couple boxes to make some cash, even peer to peer sales the average prices on a box will hit over $120, and most people can get boxes at just above cost if they look hard enough.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by DeathwingZERO View Post
    Actually, Akroma has TRIPLED in value since she was confirmed as a "chase" in Type 2 again. Go look at FMC prices, she's $20-30 for Legions, $10-20 (at best) for the TSS version. Avatar of Woe, still fetching $10-15, Browbeat UP to a rediculous $2-5, and Gemstone Mine is still floating around $5. Also, Psychic Drain is also still at $20 card, and expect it to go up, with Izzet Guild losing it's combo deck in T2 after rotation. Tormod's Crypt and Feldons Cane? $2-5 each in black border, not even counting the fact that the original versions tanked after Chronicles, and have slowly been going back up due to popularity of graveyard based decks in Extended and T2 (the prime suspects for card values).

If anything, people want the originals MORE now, because they feel they're harder to get (and in most cases, it's very true).

As for me, I'm cracking 6 cases of boosters, and 3 cases of tournament decks (54 boxes total) between Thursday and Friday nights. But this is also because I'm a store owner, so I need enough of it to last a while, lol. This set is looking to be very promising for the Type 2 and Extended players, but in all honesty, Legacy and Vintage could really care less about 90% of the total set.

If I had the cash as a personal player and didn't have the storefront, I'd probably just buy a couple boxes to make some cash, even peer to peer sales the average prices on a box will hit over $120, and most people can get boxes at just above cost if they look hard enough.

No, you misunderstand. I never said the reprinted cards wouldn't shoot up in value- obviously they will. I bought Shadowmages at 5$ immediately afterwards, and I'm sure Desert is going to creep up hugely from the 1-2$ it's still at by the time people remember how good that card is in a format full of creature combat. My point was that the reprints being so powerful weakens the value of all other cards in the pack- the Timeshifted cards are going to be far more format-defining than the actual Time Spiral cards. Last year's T2 was at a power level where cards like Pillory of the Sleepless and Ryusei, the Falling Star could be considered Tier 1. Cards like Looter il-Kor and Weatherseed Totem might've been strong enough to be played in a format at this power level. But bump it up to the level that that the Time-shifted cards move T2, and even more so Block Constructed, and they're overshadowed completely.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

I bought 2 boxes, because this set is the tits. I love opening packs, so I don't really feel the need to go buy singles. This set also has a higher printing of foils, and the Timeshifted foils are retardedly $$$ so I would rather crack a couple than to go buy them for $70 off eBay.

Magic Wasteland Nomad
    Dec 2004
    Taylors, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare View Post
    I bought 2 boxes, because this set is the tits. I love opening packs, so I don't really feel the need to go buy singles. This set also has a higher printing of foils, and the Timeshifted foils are retardedly $$$ so I would rather crack a couple than to go buy them for $70 off eBay.
    QFT. 3 dollar foil Psionic Blasts are fuckin MINT!
    Team Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |.The STFU Truck..|||'""|""\__,_
    | __GTFO 4ever_w_ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Thread Information