Thread: MWS Server!

May 2005

MWS Server!

I put up a server since my computer is always online and I'm getting sick of playing against horrible players on workstation.

Check it out. Let me know how well it works, if enough people decide to play there we can always have someone decent to play against. Don't post this on other boards though.

Edit: Unfortunately, my campus blocks outside connections. This is the same reason I can't connect on AIM. I will figure out how to work around this and get back to you.

Edit 2: Does anyone know a way to run .exe files in unix? If not, someone without dumb campus restrictions should maintain a server.
    Last edited by herbig; 08-31-2010 at 11:08 PM.

NO FUN JUST PSYCHATOGS
    Oct 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts

Re: MWS Server!

Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Edit 2: Does anyone know a way to run .exe files in unix? If not, someone without dumb campus restrictions should maintain a server.
    Have you tried WINE? I've never had to use it, but I think this is the sort of stuff it's supposed to come in handy for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook
    This change also changed the sideboard, Xantid Swarm - it’s been real. Peace.

This would be great! And please, please, please don't tell other boards about this, because I don't feel like playing against people I don't know. My testing partner isn't online a whole lot, so this would be great for testing legacy decks.
    KIDS WITH GUNS!

Feb 2006
    Boston

I tried to get on the other day, it just wouldn't connect. I wish I could help, yet I have no idea how to do that kind of stuff.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Me and a friend of mine tried to play Diablo 2 with each other, while we got the same trouble of not being able to connect.

The sollution we found is to use a program which sets up a network extenaly of the regulair internet. We used hamachi: http://www.hamachi.cc/

If everyone who wants to join Herbig's server (and Herbid too of course) has this program running, it shouldn't be a problem. Note that hamachi gives you another IP when you've logged in. We can also secure the network with a password only we know, so noone can get on uninvited.

I can set up a server on hamachi if someone wants to try this, servername will be 'mtgthesource', password will be 'legacy'
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

D1 Athlete
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse

How do we get premium access to talk?
    Si, I like cereal.

That other Stax guy
    Dec 2004
    Germany

In the past we had a thread where everyone could post their nicks for mws and when they were usually on so you could more easily find someone who wasn't a complete idiot to play with.
    Most of the time the problem with these private servers is that there are not enough people showing up on a regular basis. Does anybody ever visit our irc channel?
    Unless there's really big support behind this my guess is that it will be forgotten sooner than later. Anyway I've downloaded hamachi and hope to see some of you soon to play some mws games.
    "Anybody want some . . . toast?" —Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

May 2005

Hamachi shouldn't be necessary. The problem is that my campus blocks access from off campus to certain things. I'll set up a server next time I go home, but that might be awhile.

It'd be nice if the MWS guys would just release the server source already so it could be ported.

They said "after 1.0", which will be approx never.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information