Page 766 of 956 FirstFirst ... 266666716756762763764765766767768769770776816866 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,320 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Jan 2012
    Germany

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

even though i dont play dredge and dislike the deck, awesome work to get it 100% jap foil where its possible and rest at jap nonfoil.
    Nice work!

Yo ty guys, glad you like it
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjuzam View Post

What are we missing? 1 Darkblast/Disfigure/Pierce/Sylvan Library?
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    UR Delver man forcing you to play it out then asking for the ID after he got his dick smashed seems scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Markers View Post
    Got my second FOUR Deck Tutor Binder on Saturday (a V2 this time).
    What’s different from version 1? (Google won’t tell me.)

awesome Dredge!

in unsigned deck I'd prefer unsigned cities for perfection though

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    awesome Dredge!

in unsigned deck I'd prefer unsigned cities for perfection though
    Yup, i agree on that, but those cob are really vhtf and i got "an offer you can't refuse"
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Has anyone else found any issues with new foreign foils not being great for signing? I haven't found any markers that will work well on them, specifically black marker (Sharpie Metallic Silver worked just fine).
    The metallic Sharpies work, also silver or gold paint pens work. I started seeing it around New Phyrexia on foils but starting in Theros block even non-foil Japanese cards started having that different coating that messes with a regular black Sharpie.

I've heard a couple theories on how to work around it. That it's temperature sensitive and you have to rub the cards or warm them in your hand, but I haven't managed to make that work. Eric Deschamps uses those big fat wide tip Sharpies to sign and those turn out better due to the sheer amount of ink they drop.

TL;DR: I've started converting over to silver/gold for newer sets.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Warr View Post
    The metallic Sharpies work, also silver or gold paint pens work. I started seeing it around New Phyrexia on foils but starting in Theros block even non-foil Japanese cards started having that different coating that messes with a regular black Sharpie.

I've heard a couple theories on how to work around it. That it's temperature sensitive and you have to rub the cards or warm them in your hand, but I haven't managed to make that work. Eric Deschamps uses those big fat wide tip Sharpies to sign and those turn out better due to the sheer amount of ink they drop.

I'm a crazy person that has to have everything match (Being a Graphic Designer, aesthetics mean more to me). Anyone? Black marker advice?

I'm a thick sloppy metallic gold/bronze sharpie guy so I have no advice. MoxMonkey still owes me a nut kick for getting one of his cards gold inked instead of blacked at gencon last year :p

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Warr View Post

Not every card is produced in the same factory. Foreign sets are typically also printed in locations closer to the point of sale. Thus, there is a slight variation of the finished product between printings/sets/editions/languages/foiling. That is another likely cause why some languages take the to the ink better than others.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I'm a thick sloppy metallic gold/bronze sharpie guy so I have no advice. MoxMonkey still owes me a nut kick for getting one of his cards gold inked instead of blacked at gencon last year :p
    Atleast it wasn't on the balance! HAHA! I traded off the petal to a friend. I originally gave up on metallics because of the explosion factor, so now I don't take the chance. Now the black just looks better to me.

Fair enough. There's always next Gencon ... I think that's Aprils only regular stop. Unsure if my koreeeeen Alurens can fit anymore ink on them. You going to Vancouver? I am going to Memphis instead because ... car ride and dry rub vs. plane trip and ... uh Tim Hortons?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

You said you were heading up! Bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    You said you were heading up! Bastard!
    Yeah. Same date. One is a 4 hour drive and I get to drink and eat BBQ. One is a giant plane ticket and ... uh Bryan Adams. The artists are a wash, guy who did Thalia, Resto and Metamorph in Vancouver or guy who did Wurmcoil, Vengevine, Arid Mesa, Ugin and some random cool legends in Memphis.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

The one true Sharpie:

You may also want to look into other kinds with different ink formulas. Industrial and Super Sharpie come to mind.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    These aren't 4th Edition basics. My guess is they are 5th Edition. Japanese was first printed in 4th Edition and as is policy WoTC printed it in black border.
    I think those ARE 4th actually. Japanese had a small run of 4th in both BB and WB. (I've seen a couple others posted elsewhere, just crazy rare)

Korean and Chinese Fourth Edition cards have been made only with black borders while Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish cards exist with white and black borders.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Not a chance. Either the game is dead or Alpha Black Lotus is 10-15% more than now or even more if vintage takes off with MOL. Foil JTMS isn't going to be worth close to it. He'll be reprinted in Wal Mart by then. Actually he'll probably get a foiling in FTV: 20 since he pretty much owned standard that year.
    Man ... I am basically always right.

I <3 Prison

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011
    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...

Quote Originally Posted by now View Post
    What’s different from version 1? (Google won’t tell me.)
    Sideloaded and a bit more space per card slot
    Signed card collector

Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    beautiful and all, but WHY the ugly promo bolts?
    Why not the gorgeous judge ones?
    Thanks. I love full arts, as can be seen by foil Unhinged basics. May consider switching in future but I generally have a preference for full arts.

Thread Information