Page 776 of 956 FirstFirst ... 276676726766772773774775776777778779780786826876 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,520 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

I'm going to go out on a limb and say fake. Hard to tell, but the ink pattern looks off, colouring is a bit off, and overall, looks too new and too perfect. Scans would be better for telling fake vs not.

What did you win it for?

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say fake. Hard to tell, but the ink pattern looks off, colouring is a bit off, and overall, looks too new and too perfect. Scans would be better for telling fake vs not.

What did you win it for?

-Matt
    I have just submitted a ticket for item not as described. I ended up winning the auction for 650. Thank you for your advice. I am very upset at this but I have had good experiences with PayPal and hopefully they side with me as long as I return and use tracking.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I mean, realistically, don't take my advice, I'm just a random on the internet. You should post scans. Was it from a reputable seller? etc.

-Matt

Fakes, Frauds and Facelifts: How to identify counterfeit and altered Magic cards v3.0

The corners and right border shading appear to be off. You can at least do a light test/water test and compare it with other Beta cards you have lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    Fakes, Frauds and Facelifts: How to identify counterfeit and altered Magic cards v3.0

The corners and right border shading appear to be off. You can at least do a light test/water test and compare it with other Beta cards you have lying around.
    I compared it to some beta plains that I have and the bend test was similar to both so it passed that. I have bad eyes and am unsure of how the light test works. I also do not own a black light so I can't do that test. I showed some of my friends and some say it looks real, others say it looks a bit off. But from what I have read the printing of older cards was variable.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyawuwu View Post
    I compared it to some beta plains that I have and the bend test was similar to both so it passed that. I have bad eyes and am unsure of how the light test works. I also do not own a black light so I can't do that test. I showed some of my friends and some say it looks real, others say it looks a bit off. But from what I have read the printing of older cards was variable.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
    My recommendation is a high dpi scan, which will show if it has the rosette patern or not.
    Using Tapatalk

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I also do not own a black light so I can't do that test.
    Couldn't you buy one?

Blacklight Flashlight
    The Bayou is literally 100 times more expensive.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Couldn't you buy one?

Blacklight Flashlight
    The Bayou is literally 100 times more expensive.
    Seriously, buy this thing, it's not like you'll need to kill your piggy bank for that and it might save you lots of hesitation.
    Also, ever since the prices went absurd, I wouldn't buy a thing from ebay. I'm also extremely unsure about all those pristine ultra fresh never played booster to sleeve high end beta cards. Where they were for the last twenty years, hm...?

Wish you good luck, hope you weren't ripped off. That card looks amazingly beautiful, and if that's a real thing, it's a shame to shuffle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Seriously, buy this thing, it's not like you'll need to kill your piggy bank for that and it might save you lots of hesitation.
    Also, ever since the prices went absurd, I wouldn't buy a thing from ebay. I'm also extremely unsure about all those pristine ultra fresh never played booster to sleeve high end beta cards. Where they were for the last twenty years, hm...?

Wish you good luck, hope you weren't ripped off. That card looks amazingly beautiful, and if that's a real thing, it's a shame to shuffle that.
    Thank you very much everyone for the advice. I will be purchasing this little uv flashlight from amazon after work today. If I remember correctly if it is real it will glow correct? If it is fake it will not glow.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Correct. I haven't seen a fake passing the UV test yet.

There's also my test that is used in conjunction with the other tests: the smell test. Does it smell like new ink/glue and paper, or old cardboard/cigarettes/etc.

-Matt

If you put the new fakes in a pile of 60 new real cards and look at the edges they also don't look the same, but I don't think beta bayou was in the latest china fakes. Revised bayou absolutely is (along with all the others). It could be an older fake (the laser prints from 8-10 years ago), or a well done reback (unlikely if it passed bend test).

PIMP MY NIC FIT

MY DECK

The Fire of Justice Burns Like Nothing Else
    Jun 2014
    Jacksonville, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    This photo is an eye sore... None of your sets match and those foil hundies remind me of pokemon cards. A true pimp would have posted matching Korean bills.
    A true pimp would have had a pile of 100 trillion Zimbabwean dollar bills.

I have just submitted a ticket for item not as described. I ended up winning the auction for 650. Thank you for your advice. I am very upset at this but I have had good experiences with PayPal and hopefully they side with me as long as I return and use tracking.
    on the 3th scan ==> black mana ==> no black line = strange
    all beta card are the black line on sur black mana

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by morphilou View Post
    I knew something seemed off. Yeah, that is very odd, I've never seen one that didn't have the line. All the scans I can find have it.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by morphilou View Post
    This is pretty telling.

Thread Information