Page 892 of 956 FirstFirst ... 392792842882888889890891892893894895896902942 ... LastLast
Results 17,821 to 17,840 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Japanese not pimp?
    It barely is to be fair.

And the problem is not the japanese portion of the deck ofc, there are some cool one among them, i would rather see those and not the full deck if the rest is a bunch of wb duals.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    It barely is to be fair.

And the problem is not the japanese portion of the deck ofc, there are some cool one among them, i would rather see those and not the full deck if the rest is a bunch of wb duals.
    I don't have AB like you; all my MTG pimp money is in my Miracles deck
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

I don't have AB like you; all my MTG pimp money is in my Miracles deck
    I actually dont onw any AB dual at the moment, i prefer FBB ones, i like the thin border.

The main difference is having the absolute worst version of a card, i personally play foil japanese only so im not a big fan of non foil, no one is asking for really high end cards only, but i wouldnt like someone posting a full eng non foil deck and alpha duals, you shiuld just post those in my opinion.

And i can understand decks with some missing (and not pimped) cards, im missing some too for many reasons, from price (i wont pay 2k for 4 tops for example) to availability, but i dont see the point in posting cards you know are not pimped and you dont actually want to pimp at all in the first place.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Finally done (more or less) after forever.

Now to save up for a better camera.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

GJ Colin :)

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    I actually dont onw any AB dual at the moment, i prefer FBB ones, i like the thin border.

The main difference is having the absolute worst version of a card, i personally play foil japanese only so im not a big fan of non foil, no one is asking for really high end cards only, but i wouldnt like someone posting a full eng non foil deck and alpha duals, you shiuld just post those in my opinion.

And i can understand decks with some missing (and not pimped) cards, im missing some too for many reasons, from price (i wont pay 2k for 4 tops for example) to availability, but i dont see the point in posting cards you know are not pimped and you dont actually want to pimp at all in the first place.
    You know what? I`m positive to anything that can tilt the pics-to-shitpost-ratio in a positive direction. It`s been too little show and tell and too much bitch and whine here lately imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    You know what? I`m positive to anything that can tilt the pics-to-shitpost-ratio in a positive direction. It`s been too little show and tell and too much bitch and whine here lately imho.
    I agree, I don't post much but this is one of my favourite threads to lurk and it was sad when there was like one picture per page (not counting quotes)

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    GJ Colin :)

-Matt
    Thank you. I also just realized I forgot to take a picture of the sideboard, so here's that any some other random cards I have laying around (Some of which are sometimes in the deck).

I want to replace the Sword of Light and Shadow with the modern masters version so the styles match (more important to me than having original set seeing as I sometimes play War and Peace/Feast and Famine).

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Nice looking deck!

That Bayou has to feel pretty left out, though. Frenchies are known for their poor english after all! ;)

I don't understand why you'd want MM over Judge foils, however, seeing as you already have judge StP, Judge Wasteland, Judge lands and Judge Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Nice looking deck!

That Bayou has to feel pretty left out, though. Frenchies are known for their poor english after all! ;)

I don't understand why you'd want MM over Judge foils, however, seeing as you already have judge StP, Judge Wasteland, Judge lands and Judge Noble.
    Thank you! Yah the Bayou is kinda awk, but w/e.

As for the sword, I like the new art style more TBH, and Sword of War and Peace doesn't have a Judge foil like that. (The art style is still different between the Judge Feast and Famine and the others as well)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rascalyote View Post
    Thank you! Yah the Bayou is kinda awk, but w/e.

As for the sword, I like the new art style more TBH, and Sword of War and Peace doesn't have a Judge foil like that. (The art style is still different between the Judge Feast and Famine and the others as well)
    I can understand that assessment, I just think the brown border is looking outstanding. I know I'd snapplay old-bordered tops, for instance.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

I can understand that assessment, I just think the brown border is looking outstanding. I know I'd snapplay old-bordered tops, for instance.
    Those would be amazing. Like something similar to the one Zeerbe mocked up all those years ago?
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Yep, I'd hate that they were English but old artifacts look sooooo much better. I'd pay an unreasonable sum for old-border Tops.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Yep, I'd hate that they were English but old artifacts look sooooo much better. I'd pay an unreasonable sum for old-border Tops.
    I asked how much it would be to get a playset of tops altered to be the old border. I couldn't find someone who would accept it, as it seemed impossible to those I asked :(

I am considering getting my Counterbalances done in the ABU border, though.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Old border foil similar to Judge Reward Crucible of Worlds would be amazing.

I asked how much it would be to get a playset of tops altered to be the old border. I couldn't find someone who would accept it, as it seemed impossible to those I asked :(
    same problem here

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Have you asked Klug? He's probably the only one that can do such a modifcation justice.

I am considering getting my Counterbalances done in the ABU border, though.
    Those would look terrible because the text would be a bitch to alter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    same problem here
    See above ^

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Have you asked Klug? He's probably the only one that can do such a modifcation justice.
    Klug doesn't do playsets. Disregarding Sandreline and Cereal, who actually BOTH have experience with doing these borders, are just borderline insulting.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Klug doesn't do playsets. Disregarding Sandreline and Cereal, who actually BOTH have experience with doing these borders, are just borderline insulting.
    I couldn't find any examples from Sandreline.

Here's Cereal's most notable example of AB alter:

Here's Klug's closest version of a AB-style alter but it's not a modern –> AB border. I want you to take notice of the extension of the existing old-border and its blue waves into areas of the card that did not originally have it.

Here's an UNL Volc that Klug altered to look like Alpha since it's the only example of him doing the black border that I can find.

Here's an UNL Lotus that he made textless. I want to highlight the granulation in the text box since it's the only example of such an emulation that he's done (so far).

Disclaimer: I'm not detracting from any of these artists' skills/talents. I'm just presenting the evidence and drawing a conclusion (that is, Klug would be able to imitate whatever old WUBRGC border you wanted closest) based on that evidence.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Depending on how deep your pockets are, and how long you want to wait. Klug is amazing, but expensive and you wait a while.

But yeah, old borders. We all love them, yet Wizards hates us.

Thread Information