Page 842 of 956 FirstFirst ... 342742792832838839840841842843844845846852892942 ... LastLast
Results 16,821 to 16,840 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    I think is untrue,
    The summer one is cheaper and as far as i know easyer to find.
    In general summer cards are not a problem to find and single -not duals/hurricane- cards are not that expensive, most expensive are bolts and rituals, but they are between 1 and 2k at best.
    Yeah, I know the price isn't insane on Summer cards, as more have surfaced over the last years.

I still think it's easier to find textless than summer, though. :) At least, I've been introduced to many more (relatively speaking, of course) textless than summer.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Phreshdawg View Post
    Anyone have an opinion about the pimpness of Spectral Chaos playtest cards? I just watched a youtube video about it, and I have to say that my curiousity has been piqued.
    Well there's a lot of factors but to make a long story short, I think that these things are in the "name your own price" category along with things like the Garfield family cards (e.g., Splendid Genesis), that set of Russian Foil Bobs, or the BGS 10 Alpha and Beta Lotus.

*All of this info is based on extrapolating from the info in the video, which could possibly not be the whole truth.

1. "Only" Barry worked on this set and Barry's group did all the play testing. Any cards that weren't in Barry's collection were likely to be single cards that the play testers held on to. That's no likely to be much and many of those are likely to have been destroyed, lost, or forgotten. Also, since WotC didn't test this, it's likely that they only have the submission form he showed; all text files, not cards. Also easily faked.

2. Misprint Guy (I should probably know his name) said that he bought everything worth having, he probably has, for all intents and purposes, every Spectral Chaos play test cards in existence.

3. From the info I've heard about him, MG doesn't seem likely to sell his stuff, especially the more rare pieces like this. As a result, any real cards are unlikely to emerge on the market.

4. Okay, so lets say that someone does want some of these cards or that some of these surface. What are these cards? Formatted text with straight lines in between them. The most complex fake would require you to acquire some colored card stock, cut with a paper cutter, and glued to some like-new revised commons. A fifth grader the inkjet that comes free with mom's Dell could replicate these.

5. As a result, the only way these cards have any value is if you know the provenance. So back to point 2. Even if you do get him to sell you some, your investment doesn't hold much value unless you get something like a certificate of authenticity from him.

I sometimes think about, and am disappointed by, the fact that twenty years in, there's no physical monument to Magic. If the Hall of Fame wasn't specifically from the Pro Tour, a physical HoF would be the perfect place for items like these. If an MtG museum ever happens, many of the best pieces will be in the hands of private collectors. Hopefully they'll be like the insanely-rich people who indefinitely lend out their art collections to museums so that the rest of the world can experience them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

The judge textless bolts are a lot rarer than summer, and a lot more expensive. They look really nice too.

I lend out some of my cards from time to time. Nothing in magic which is attainable is truly a one-of piece, but I've displayed summer duals, hurricanes, textless saga, textless MMQ, the UL/AQ stuff, Seth Rogen etc. If I don't feel security is a concern, cards should be shared with people who want to see them tbh.

I'm not really that interested in playtest cards, to be honest. Anything that can be replicated that easily isn't really collectible.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Playtest cards have that "cool" factor, like someone who builds a deck that wins in a very unique way or pulls off a crazy win. They don't really have a "pimp" factor because they are unfinished, unusable and not really impressive looking. If you saw the video theres a card with a cock drawn on in pen or whatever as the artwork (here for all you weirdos), its weird.

The cool part is learning the story behind things like cards were taken from this set that are later used. Lotus petal was taken directly from the set. Mythics were suggested. Multicolored cards introduced.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Oct 2015
    Paris

The mail was nice today :) :

Still waiting for my other old korean cards to arrive, especially the korean brainstorms and duresses.

Nov 2013
    Dallas

almost done with this pile, missing 2 deltas, 2 tarns, 2 emmys, pact is in the mail. starting the sig process now. Modern isnt that bad

working on 12 post foil but not as close to done as this deck

Dayum son, this is one of the coolest shiny thing ever
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Enchantress project coming along nicely.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by bwah? View Post

What's the deal with the textless WG?

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Hot Damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post

Dayum son, this is one of the coolest shiny thing ever
    Very nice. There's nothing like old frame Asian foils.

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

These Wild Growths are just GORGEOUS.

Today in Super Secret Tech, a nice Legacy deck that produces no mana!

Here's the sideboard, also fully signed:

More pretty, manaless pics in Super Secret Tech. Enjoy!
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Wow that is fucking sweet. Not like that Modern crap up there

Jun 2010
    Philippines

I'd like to share my foiled dredge deck. I know it's not much compared to the other pimped dredge decks posted here. But it took me a few years to finally complete it. It started with a single FKZ and it was downhill from there. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...825_111946.jpg
    Last edited by SHABOOGS; 11-26-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Fixed the link
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    We play an Eternal format. Any threat, unanswered, will be your ass in short order.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by SHABOOGS View Post
    I'd like to share my foiled dredge deck. I know it's not much compared to the other pimped dredge decks posted here. But it took me a few years to finally complete it. It started with a single FKZ and it was downhill from there. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...825_111946.jpg
    The original art for Cephalid Coliseum is by John Avon and it's beautiful. You have made a terrible choice here. It would be a simple task to upgrade this non-pimp playset.
    mtgpimp

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    The original art for Cephalid Coliseum is by John Avon and it's beautiful. You have made a terrible choice here. It would be a simple task to upgrade this non-pimp playset.
    Agree, and I would also change those gemstone mines for time spiral ones. Apart from that, beautiful deck.

DSC_0973.jpgDSC_0974.jpg

that my contribution is not as good as the rest but here is my through the breach r/g for modern, i have 4 sakura tribe-elder foil being signed and the 3 summoning trap are signed foil, the 3 chalice of the void are foil, and the 4 wooded foothills are jp signed. Sorry for the bad quality of the images.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Have been foiling/pimping out my Goblins deck for a lil bit now, got the first "draft" from the alterer yesterday for my Matrons.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

My legacy/vintage contribution.

Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Please no

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Thread Information