Page 708 of 956 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718758808 ... LastLast
Results 14,141 to 14,160 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    If you don't like playing vs shops, in vintage, how about adding some ancient grudges, lightning bolts and a SB mountain for those ingot chewers.

Also, play RUG Delver if you want to win 99% of shops games.
    It's pretty funny you mention this since I posted a WIP of my RUg list on the last page (deleted it as soon as someone hijacked some of the scans). It's also not even close to 99% and I'd argue the current (and popular) Martello builds are still difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by bfeingersh View Post
    Give this guy an editbox on the internet and he will type angry words about chalice of the void in it

(I agree)
    Yeah Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Hustle View Post
    Fuck, I want that T-Chinese Enchantress :(. Big ups.
    I have 2 extra t Chinese ... Signed though ... And 5 Korean :)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    It's pretty funny you mention this since I posted a WIP of my RUg list on the last page (deleted it as soon as someone hijacked some of the scans). It's also not even close to 99% and I'd argue the current (and popular) Martello builds are still difficult.

Yeah Yeah.
    I think G1 it requires some serious management, but in G2/G3, to quote the good Mike Soly, "Every card in your deck says destroy target artifact", makes the game somewhat manageable. My 99% was obviously not meant as 99 out of 100, as vintage can sometimes come down the dice roll, where shops are just insane (75-25 on the play, 40-60 on the draw etc), but I always felt extremely confident sleeving trops, volcs, bolts and delvers vs shops!

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    I think G1 it requires some serious management, but in G2/G3, to quote the good Mike Soly, "Every card in your deck says destroy target artifact", makes the game somewhat manageable. My 99% was obviously not meant as 99 out of 100, as vintage can sometimes come down the dice roll, where shops are just insane (75-25 on the play, 40-60 on the draw etc), but I always felt extremely confident sleeving trops, volcs, bolts and delvers vs shops!
    Of course RUg has better options than most but I still think it is not as good as you make it out to be and just because one tempo list has close to a 50% match up doesn't mean action should not be taken. Regardless I'm pumped that there's an online meta that's easy for WotC to quantify as it will provide a transparent foundation to take action as necessary.

Also quoting Soly makes my eyes bleed.

Anyway, being the PIMP thread I'll just leave this. If you like Korean cards I'd suggest a bookmark as I plan on uploading my entire collection once I stop being lazy.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

My friend Jonny was nice enough to stand in line to get some things signed for me at a recent GP, Thanks!

IMG_20140814_205511 by donutboy420, on Flickr

The lotus is really beat and i've had it for 18 years, so don't get all mad, i don't want to hear it. Apparently Rush was super excited to sign it, so that makes me smile.
    The Leaks are Korean, and the FBB bolts are in 4 different languages.

IMG_20140814_205943 by donutboy420, on Flickr

Can't tell super well from the photo, but one of the coursers is foil (for the cube) and all of the soldiers are foil, love that card. Just random fun stuff for modern and standard, and some cube randoms.

Got lots of other foils signed too but nothing worth showing really (not that this stuff is amazing)

No idea why i can't post just full pictures, i have before lots of times, but it seems every time i log into Flickr they have completely changed how it all works.
    Not sure why they look so small either.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I have 2 extra t Chinese ... Signed though ... And 5 Korean :)
    Annnndd I need a way to get those off you someday :(

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    Now that the full art Judge foil lands have been released, how has the Basic Land Hierarchy of Pimp been changed, if at all?

Have people come to a consensus yet?

They violate the rule of "No Promos" but they are also fairly rare and expensive. I am not a fully evolved PimpMaster. I cannot process this information without help.
    Zendikar borders are ugly but the Terese factor gets a plus from me. I'm on the fence as well. I only really like the Forest too.
    Edit: Come to think of it they're foil. I would never put them in my deck :(

The Forest would look great in the Unglued (NOT UNHINGED) borders IMO.

Some Gencon idiocy ...

Hurkyls. WTF. (not mine) guy got it double signed by Poole and Nene.

Sometimes you play shops and don't lose a game in 6 rounds.

Meat.

Sometimes you play Dega and don't lose a round in the swiss and get to the finals.

Sometimes you take Justin's sweet Mox Emerald with a Sculler.

Other stuff that either came in the mail or I got at gEncon

Finally ... caught Richard Thomas he was nice enough to sign some stuff ... even the rack which he hates.

Got 4 korean signed dread of night?

I also try to pick up some awful foils for my trade binder in the $.50 boxes.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Finally ... caught Richard Thomas he was nice enough to sign some stuff ... even the rack which he hates.

Got 4 korean signed dread of night?

I also try to pick up some awful foils for my trade binder in the $.50 boxes.

Dibs on Shrapnel Blasts!
    Soldier Stompy

Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Some Gencon idiocy ...

Hurkyls. WTF. (not mine) guy got it double signed by Poole and Nene.

NFC bullshit.

Apr 2014
    phillipines

very nice tropicals nedleeds
    Live and Let Live

Turbotezz

Oath

Quote Originally Posted by big_ticket View Post
    very nice tropicals nedleeds
    He always does Birds on alpha trops ... I decided to go against the grain and place a library on there. Mark Poole is awesome as always. Tom Fleming was really awesome also, I forgot he was even going to be there but had randomly picked up 4 Saga Korean rituals cheaper than dirt. I wish I had brought some of my VS. stuff. I think this year I finally ran out of room on my korean petals, intuitions and aluren's ... quad signed didn't happen.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Tom Fleming is indeed awesome. He lives[ed] in my hometown and back in the day he came by the shop. I was like 13 at the time but I ran and got 4 extra Saga DRits out of my binder and he graciously signed and doodled on them. Best artist experience I ever had. rk post was also quite amicable. Happy to sign a card and chat. Happy to take hundreds for detailed alters and chat. Good times

Actually pretty much every artist at Gencon was fine ... the Terese Nielsen line was as I anticipated, never worth it. Even worse doing short alters and so it never moved. The Argyle line also got out of control after Thursday.

One thing I will say is that over the past few years some dealers have lost their mind, when 90% of the con goers have phones with data plans you aren't going to sell an MP Bazaar for $500. You just aren't going to fuck some rando over. Some prices are just a waste of booth space, especially on commodity stuff like Modern Masters garbage, or just any plain old english foil you can TCG. It's not an SCG open or Bazaar of Moxen where there is one vendor on site.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Actually pretty much every artist at Gencon was fine ... the Terese Nielsen line was as I anticipated, never worth it. Even worse doing short alters and so it never moved. The Argyle line also got out of control after Thursday.

One thing I will say is that over the past few years some dealers have lost their mind, when 90% of the con goers have phones with data plans you aren't going to sell an MP Bazaar for $500. You just aren't going to fuck some rando over. Some prices are just a waste of booth space, especially on commodity stuff like Modern Masters garbage, or just any plain old english foil you can TCG. It's not an SCG open or Bazaar of Moxen where there is one vendor on site.
    Thats pretty stupid! You'd have to be super desperate to pay that kind of money.

The flipside is the dude who walks up to the first booth he sees (Toad) with ruby, jet, sapphire, time walk, nether void, and like 9 assorted UL blue duals and the buyer says what are looking to get? "$1,500". The smoke on the carpet from the buyer going to grab the cash fills your nostrils.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

The flipside is the dude who walks up to the first booth he sees (Toad) with ruby, jet, sapphire, time walk, nether void, and like 9 assorted UL blue duals and the buyer says what are looking to get? "$1,500". The smoke on the carpet from the buyer going to grab the cash fills your nostrils.
    That might have been my friend ED doing the buying. hahaha

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Why can't I find people that stupid to sell me Power?

But seriously, I am kind of sick of dealers at those events selling at price level infinite. I think VERY few people are that stupid anymore/don't have access to real time price guides. Ebay is so good and so on your side as a buyer, why would I pay your insane markup, random dealer person? It can be very frustrating since I would RATHER give a real store or dealer my money, but they're not letting me.

-Matt

Thread Information