Page 753 of 956 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803853 ... LastLast
Results 15,041 to 15,060 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Korean

Work in progress.
    Very nice and yet surprised that you still dont have The full set of Cities and Gemstone Mines. I didnt see any Griselbrands to join those lovely Oaths.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by haganbmj View Post
    Nice stuff. The balance in particular is really beautiful looking.
    Looks like you're getting stuff signed with a paint pen, how do you approach artists with those? I've found the pens to be kind of finicky and I don't know how comfortable I'd be having to set it up every couple of cards.
    They're artists, they should know how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Very nice and yet surprised that you still dont have The full set of Cities and Gemstone Mines. I didn't see any Griselbrands to join those lovely Oaths.
    Picky about condition, Mint 5th edition is hard to find. I've yet to see a better Gemstone then the one I own. I've only ever seen one other error Korean Gemstone Mine and it wasn't as offset as mine. After Mana Confluence was printed I put completing both sets on the back burner. I'm tempted to pick up two foil Griselbrand but I worry about power creep and really don't feel like wasting time and effort, haven't gotten around to picking up a non foil pair. My ultimate goal is to have the cards to build any blue type one list (of which I am twenty four cards away). Right now finishing a foil Polluted Delta set is my priority with the rest of the cards on the list requiring time more than money.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Korean

Work in progress.
    Very beautiful, Gemstone is nuts, love the Ponders

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by haganbmj View Post
    Nice stuff. The balance in particular is really beautiful looking.
    Looks like you're getting stuff signed with a paint pen, how do you approach artists with those? I've found the pens to be kind of finicky and I don't know how comfortable I'd be having to set it up every couple of cards.
    At GP Worcester this summer John showed up, found out Chris Rush was in the building, and immediately drove an hour back to Boston to find an art store with the correct markers to get his Lotus signed. No plebe sharpie action for him
    T: @feingersh

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Korean

Work in progress.
    My jeans....
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by bfeingersh View Post
    At GP Worcester this summer John showed up, found out Chris Rush was in the building, and immediately drove an hour back to Boston to find an art store with the correct markers to get his Lotus signed. No plebe sharpie action for him
    I'll decline if I meet Harold McNeil at Dunkin Donuts and only have a black Sharpie ...

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Badum tiss.

-Matt

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Badum tiss.

-Matt
    Tish.

-John
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Tish.

-John
    Tss.

-Anders

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Badum tiss.

-Matt
    Maybe someday we can just roll up to his aryan compound / cat sanctuary in the pacific northwest and get my Nether Voids, IPs and Sylvan Libraries signed ... I guess Enduring Renewal while we're there.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Pickups from the SCG Invi in Seattle:

I finally found my vintage Brainstorm.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Do y'all tend to go for pimpness more or aesthetics more? My friend is offering to sell me a playset of each s-chinese onslaught foil fetchlands at a great deal. However, I personally think the Khan's arts look better. Now I know going from $150 for a Khans S-chinese foil to $500 for an onslaught foil is a huge jump in pimpness, but at the end of the day, i'll be the one looking at the cards. If you were in my shoes, would you go for rarity or aesthetics?

Quote Originally Posted by AznSeal View Post
    Do y'all tend to go for pimpness more or aesthetics more? My friend is offering to sell me a playset of seach s-chinese onslaught foil fetchlands at a great deal. However, I personally think the Khan's arts look better. Now I know going from $150 for a Khans S-chinese foil to $500 for an onslaught foil is a huge jump in pimpness, but at the end of the day, i'll be the one looking at the cards. If you were in my shoes, would you go for rarity or aesthetics?
    It's honestly up to you. I know we all have our preferences and most agree on some sort of pecking order, but rule #1 should be "Pimp is in the eye of the beholder."

P.S. @Nedleeds: I don't always agree with what you have to say, but I'm still cracking up over the Glengarry Glenn Ross references. Bravo good sir.

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by AznSeal View Post
    Do y'all tend to go for pimpness more or aesthetics more? My friend is offering to sell me a playset of seach s-chinese onslaught foil fetchlands at a great deal. However, I personally think the Khan's arts look better. Now I know going from $150 for a Khans S-chinese foil to $500 for an onslaught foil is a huge jump in pimpness, but at the end of the day, i'll be the one looking at the cards. If you were in my shoes, would you go for rarity or aesthetics?
    While I could foil Sol Ring, Demonic Tutor and Mana Crypt for Vintage I won't. I have a Beta Sol Ring, Beta Demonic Tutor and OG English Mana Crypt. For me the OG versions of those cards trump the foil versions. I am definitely going to foil the rest of the deck and work on FBB duals but the stuff I can get in Beta I will over Foil.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    Pickups from the SCG Invi in Seattle:

I finally found my vintage Brainstorm.
    I wonder how much that BS is, it seems S-Chi 5th cards are hard to get on ebay.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    I wonder how much that BS is, it seems S-Chi 5th cards are hard to get on ebay.
    They're quite rare from what I've seen. I paid Troll and Toad $70 and I think it was good price. Abugames has some for $80.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Sick. Vintage use only cards are sweet. I have a russian signed fish tits ponder I use, and a 5th korean quad signed petal.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Sup guys. Got my bag stolen during legacy champs trial at GP Baltimore on Sunday around 5pm. I don't have an insurance policy on it, but a fb thread told me there may be a claim I can file with homeowner's insurance. Do you know of this being the case? I am filing a police report today to have a record to submit to insurance company.

And no, they didn't get my Lands deck I posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Sick. Vintage use only cards are sweet. I have a russian signed fish tits ponder I use, and a 5th korean quad signed petal.
    I don't think a quad signed petal is sweet, in fact more than double signed seems just stupid.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Sup guys. Got my bag stolen during legacy champs trial at GP Baltimore on Sunday around 5pm. I don't have an insurance policy on it, but a fb thread told me there may be a claim I can file with homeowner's insurance. Do you know of this being the case? I am filing a police report today to have a record to submit to insurance company.

And no, they didn't get my Lands deck I posted here.
    That sucks. Condolences...

Thread Information