Page 887 of 956 FirstFirst ... 387787837877883884885886887888889890891897937 ... LastLast
Results 17,721 to 17,740 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    God damn it man, that is just straight up sexy. Here, have some jelly. One Trop away from being done? And what's the story on that Bayou, any reference I'm not picking up?
    Looks like Demonic Hordes.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

How do you guys feel about signatures especially on foil cards? Do you find that the sig lowers the value of the card, up´s them or doenst matter.

I´m asking because I already have lots of foil cards and want to finish my deck with foil sigs but I´m not 100% sure if I should go this way because if I want to sell them in 5-10 years or whatever I dont want to sit on them forever...I understand that every change on a normal card lowers the amount of potential buyers but I hope you guys know what I mean...

I´m especially talking about sigs from Tedin, Hamm, Myrfors, Alexander, Argyl, Baga etc...
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

LPT: Rare signatures and ones that don't look like shit. Use a goddamn good paint marker, look at Nedleeds signed cards for an example of what not to do.

Example:

Rob Alexander has done so many shitty signatures that there's probably financial incentive to own cards done by him that are NOT signed.

Then there's just horrible signatures like WAR, Mark Poole at the end of the day, Frazier, and the person who does Monastery Mentor.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    How do you guys feel about signatures especially on foil cards? Do you find that the sig lowers the value of the card, up´s them or doenst matter.

I´m asking because I already have lots of foil cards and want to finish my deck with foil sigs but I´m not 100% sure if I should go this way because if I want to sell them in 5-10 years or whatever I dont want to sit on them forever...I understand that every change on a normal card lowers the amount of potential buyers but I hope you guys know what I mean...

I´m especially talking about sigs from Tedin, Hamm, Myrfors, Alexander, Argyl, Baga etc...
    A few months ago I decided to sell all my foil and foil signed cards, to be able to upgrade my p9 to beta, so I have some experience on this topic.
    Although signatures on foil cards can give more value to the card than signatures on regular cards, the time that will take to sell them will be much higher. You'll have to find people pimping their decks, as dealers and people who don't like signatures won't want them (not even valuing them as if they weren't signed). I already sold most of my foil non signed cards (most of them for +50€, not cheap cards), but I'm still siting on most of the foil signed cards.

My recommendation is to get signed cards only if you can get them signed personally, or through a friend who goes to a tournament where the artist signs, or through the artists agent. It's much slower than buying the cards already signed, but it'll be much cheaper and you won't worry that much for when it's time to sell them.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    A few months ago I decided to sell all my foil and foil signed cards, to be able to upgrade my p9 to beta, so I have some experience on this topic.
    Although signatures on foil cards can give more value to the card than signatures on regular cards, the time that will take to sell them will be much higher. You'll have to find people pimping their decks, as dealers and people who don't like signatures won't want them (not even valuing them as if they weren't signed). I already sold most of my foil non signed cards (most of them for +50€, not cheap cards), but I'm still siting on most of the foil signed cards.

My recommendation is to get signed cards only if you can get them signed personally, or through a friend who goes to a tournament where the artist signs, or through the artists agent. It's much slower than buying the cards already signed, but it'll be much cheaper and you won't worry that much for when it's time to sell them.
    Yeah thats exactly the point. Many People dont want foils and the people who like foils dont like sigantures most of the time. So you reduce the number of potential buyers to the half of the half of interests

I already let sign my cards through brokers and dont buy cards which are already signed on magiccardmarket or whatever just because of what you said, they´re more expensive then though a Broker. I´m just not sure if I should move on with the whole signature thing...
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    God damn it man, that is just straight up sexy. Here, have some jelly. One Trop away from being done? And what's the story on that Bayou, any reference I'm not picking up?
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    Looks like Demonic Hordes.
    Thanks for the compliment! My decks are often works in progress as I change decks a lot, which then changes the focus of where I'm spending my money pimping.

I like my alters to be done by the artist who originally did the art on the card.

That one is indeed a Demonic Hordes alter done by Myfors (who also did the Demonic Hordes art).

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    Moar Food Chain!

Hey, I sold you those Food Chains on ebay, Esper3k. Glad you're enjoying them, you're deck is beautiful!
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerRobot View Post
    Hey, I sold you those Food Chains on ebay, Esper3k. Glad you're enjoying them, you're deck is beautiful!
    Hah small world and thanks! Those were the last 3 I needed to finish the German foil playset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandilini View Post
    Iunno, that's pretty subjective. Wayne Reynold's is a personal favorite of mine, and many people think that Magali Villeneuve's is one of the most beautiful. I think execution is certainly objective though. Like if the signature gets smeared or if you give the artist a crap pen. I personally wouldn't want to have Alexander's shortened "Alex".. but that's mostly because I know it's the "incomplete" result of a long day.
    Well everything he doesn't like sucks, and he will follow you around the internet like a lost dog telling you about it. That being said, we don't agree on much but we both agree Wayne's signature is wretched.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Well everything he doesn't like sucks, and he will follow you around the internet like a lost dog telling you about it. That being said, we don't agree on much but we both agree Wayne's signature is wretched.
    What can I say, I have excellent taste. If you ceased the incessant shit posting, I'd probably stop making fun of you and yes Wayne's signature is pretty much the worst.

Oct 2011
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by socialite View Post
    What can I say, I have excellent taste. If you ceased the incessant shit posting, I'd probably stop making fun of you and yes Wayne's signature is pretty much the worst.
    You changed your screen name. I guess you got around nedleeds' iggy.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Some small signed goblin goodness (all foil if you can't tell from the pic).
    Raoul Vitale's signature is pretty sweet.

Hello. I'm looking to start pimping out UR storm and ANT/TES/DDFT/some other jank but I can't really decide how to go about it. I would prefer to get everything in Korean but most things aren't printed in Korean. Is there a difference in availability between Chinese and Japanese?

For those of you who like me aren't a huge fan of foils how to do you go about pimping your decks? Foreign? Altered?

Thanks for the help. Also whats the best way to find random foreign commons? I can't find pyretic or desperate rituals on mkm, tcg or ebay.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Japanese is more accessible, however is also more expensive when compared to Chinese.

I'm not a fan of foils (not that I can afford them anyway, but even if I could I wouldn't) so I do non-foil Japanese.

MKM is usually where I go to find my random foreign commons. But if you're looking for Japanese randoms, hareruya.com or tokyomtg.com are great.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post

It depends a lot on the condition of the foil. Even SP foils are hugely different to NM/Mint and redemption quality foils. If you have very good quality foils you should never touch them. But once a foil has lost that new quality it's fine to get it signed. Uniqueness is prized on eBay so signed cards do tend to be more watched and bid on.
    mtgpimp

Jan 2015
    Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Japanese is more accessible, however is also more expensive when compared to Chinese.

I'm not a fan of foils (not that I can afford them anyway, but even if I could I wouldn't) so I do non-foil Japanese.

MKM is usually where I go to find my random foreign commons. But if you're looking for Japanese randoms, hareruya.com or tokyomtg.com are great.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one, I go all non-foil Japanese. Upcoming Japanese FoW make me very happy.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by skyout View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one, I go all non-foil Japanese. Upcoming Japanese FoW make me very happy.
    I care about art, too, so while I will own a playset I will not sleeve them up in my deck. Burning man is just too iconic.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Does this go down in price now that a sheet of text less promos has been cut up or were they all NFC to begin with?

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by socialite View Post
    Does this go down in price now that a sheet of text less promos has been cut up or were they all NFC to begin with?
    Some were actually found in japanese destiny packs.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MoxMonkey View Post
    Some were actually found in japanese destiny packs.
    That was my understanding as well after looking it up. I wonder what a cut up sheet does to the market.

Thread Information