Page 746 of 956 FirstFirst ... 246646696736742743744745746747748749750756796846 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,920 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Maybe he has inside information...

Anyway, I was just asking about the relative rarity of the different versions (and which one you find pimper), and so far it seems like maybe Russian Khans isn't rarer than Korean.
    I doubt it. I don't know who he is but if WotC tells Gary Adkison and half of Magic Librarities to fuck off when they ask for print run information I seriously doubt some rando-commando in Russia knows.

From my perspective a few years ago Japanese was the "popular" foreign language that commanded a rather high premium for it's "rarity" this transitioned to Korean (to a lesser extent) and now Russian. I'm of the opinion that it's complete bullshit and entirely rooted in flavor of the month driven sales. I.E. Russian players/sellers hype the shit out of their card stock to demand premiums. As time goes on and the cards become more accessible the prices go down. FWIW, it really doesn't strengthen my confidence when people post about how "hard/rare" Russian foils are to find while posting pages of foil Russian Snapcaster Mage. The hype-o-meter and my personal bullshit meter run high. Another great example were the first few Russian foil Dark Confidant posted on eBay and 100% shilled to widespread knowledge - this essentially established a price line for high end Russian foils that wasn't even rooted in actual market demand.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Russian cards are printed to cater to Russian reading players and there are far more of them than Korean. The print run is much larger because it's not just Russia but also former Soviet republics like Ukraine that demand Russian language cards. However, the distribution network is much worse than for Korean cards. Cards come to Seoul and if you know a couple of sellers there, you can basically get anything you want so long as you are willing to pay. There's still a lot of weeks of opening Kharns to go and already it's easy to get foil rares like Siege Rhino in the Russian language. I'm not saying that old Russian cards aren't very rare, they are. I am saying that Kharns is a different situation and foil fetches aren't rare like older Russian pimp foils (like thoughtseize from lorwyn). If you want variety in looking at MTG cards, try instagram.

Also this 100%.

TLDR: It's fine if the cards are expensive because of demand but lets not pretend it's because the cards are ultra rare or some similar hyped up bullshit. If price was actually determined by rarity when it comes to foreign languages Portuguese would be through the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Time to jump on the Portuguese hype train then
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    This is all based on speculation and bullshit posturing by people who have money to make off if foreign cards.

Anyone who states they know print run numbers is doing one of two things.

1. Blowing smoke up your ass.
    2. Smoking crack.
    Likely true, because crack cocaine is cheaper than buying Foil Korean fetches, looking at all the shill bidding...

-M

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Likely true, because crack cocaine is cheaper than buying Foil Korean fetches, looking at all the shill bidding...

-M
    Agree 100% Matt. Fortunately I know a few guys in Korea and I was able to get a set of Foil Flooded Strand for 270 each which IMHO is a more than fair price (working on my Delta set now). I just laugh at all the suckers in the High End Thread on Facebook who post for 400/500+. Not only are they being unreasonable and not making sales but they're going to screw themselves as once the majority of Eternal players complete their sets the market for them is going to stagnate and they will be unable to move them.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

My friend bought these stuff for me recently,mainly from GPNJ. The signature below is his not mine...now I can play my ANT with all black border cards except one grim tutor.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Agree 100% Matt. Fortunately I know a few guys in Korea and I was able to get a set of Foil Flooded Strand for 270 each which IMHO is a more than fair price (working on my Delta set now). I just laugh at all the suckers in the High End Thread on Facebook who post for 400/500+. Not only are they being unreasonable and not making sales but they're going to screw themselves as once the majority of Eternal players complete their sets the market for them is going to stagnate and they will be unable to move them.
    I cracked two korean ktk boxes at about 140 USD each recently, sadly no foil fetches...it may be comparatively easier in China to get korean cards now. And since people here generally dislike korean cards, the price here may be more acceptable than in US. I don't know if I am wrong, but you can find NM foil korean wooded foothill at about 150 USD I don't know if it is a reasonable price.
    Team Blood, Beijing.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    I don't know if I am wrong, but you can find NM foil korean wooded foothill at about 150 USD I don't know if it is a reasonable price.
    Let's be real, $0.10 USD is appropriate price for those homely things.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Let's be real, $0.10 USD is appropriate price for those homely things.
    you are right, although korean things are far from real "homely things" for us.
    Team Blood, Beijing.

I cracked two korean ktk boxes at about 140 USD each recently, sadly no foil fetches...it may be comparatively easier in China to get korean cards now. And since people here generally dislike korean cards, the price here may be more acceptable than in US. I don't know if I am wrong, but you can find NM foil korean wooded foothill at about 150 USD I don't know if it is a reasonable price.
    That's quite cheap in comparison to Ebay prices.

My friend bought these stuff for me recently,mainly from GPNJ. The signature below is his not mine...now I can play my ANT with all black border cards except one grim tutor.
    Nice pickups! I was too OCD to leave my Grims white bordered. Had them altered.

I'm of the opinion that it's complete bullshit and entirely rooted in flavor of the month driven sales. I.E. Russian players/sellers hype the shit out of their card stock to demand premiums. As time goes on and the cards become more accessible the prices go down. FWIW, it really doesn't strengthen my confidence when people post about how "hard/rare" Russian foils are to find while posting pages of foil Russian Snapcaster Mage. The hype-o-meter and my personal bullshit meter run high. Another great example were the first few Russian foil Dark Confidant posted on eBay and 100% shilled to widespread knowledge - this essentially established a price line for high end Russian foils that wasn't even rooted in actual market demand.

Also this 100%.

TLDR: It's fine if the cards are expensive because of demand but lets not pretend it's because the cards are ultra rare or some similar hyped up bullshit. If price was actually determined by rarity when it comes to foreign languages Portuguese would be through the roof.
    FWIW, older Russian foils aren't becoming much more accessible than they were a few years ago. There are some people who have plenty of cards but that is the way it is with every language. Something like Snapcaster Mage isn't an old card and as a result, a few people picked up multiples while Russian cards were becoming expensive. If you look at the guy's post with the SCM, he posted the same cards a while back so it's not like he just all of a sudden found them all recently (although SCM isn't that hard to find).

As for Dark Confidant, you can't argue that the card is hard to find. It is. The copies that are out there are expensive and it's due to the fact that it's hard to find, not because the copy on ebay was shill bid. Believe it or not, some cards are expensive due to demand.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SmallFish View Post
    FWIW, older Russian foils aren't becoming much more accessible than they were a few years ago. There are some people who have plenty of cards but that is the way it is with every language. Something like Snapcaster Mage isn't an old card and as a result, a few people picked up multiples while Russian cards were becoming expensive. If you look at the guy's post with the SCM, he posted the same cards a while back so it's not like he just all of a sudden found them all recently (although SCM isn't that hard to find).

As for Dark Confidant, you can't argue that the card is hard to find. It is. The copies that are out there are expensive and it's due to the fact that it's hard to find, not because the copy on ebay was shill bid. Believe it or not, some cards are expensive due to demand.
    I think it's pretty clear both I and jamesh acknowledged this fact. The shill'd Confidants absolutely set a price point that changed the perception of the language of a large majority of individuals. It's fine if you want to believe what you want but I remember the past few years clearly and have nothing to gain either way. I agree there's Russian cards worth the money and are hard to find, Foil Crucible of Worlds is a great example. However it's no excuse for the current gouging that reminds me very much of Japanese cards ~8 years ago. If you want to claim demand fine, a card is worth what people will pay but stop claiming bullshit based off of made up numbers.

Jan 2014
    Vancouver, Canada

I got this almost two years ago. I have never come across another. Feels much rarer then Japanese at least for this set.

Anyone know what a Russian Foil Silvergill Adept is worth?

Mar 2014
    Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Do you mean that the print run for Russian Khans of Tarkir is only 200 000 boosters? That's just 1652.89 copies of each mythic and 3305.79 of each rare (about as rare as Beta!). Or, if there's 1 foil rare per booster box: 45.91 copies of each mythic foil and 91.83 copies of each foil rare.
    If that's true, then it's really rare. And Korean, by looking at Ebay, seems to be even rarer.
    Can not say anything about Korean, really. All the years i'm playing collect only Russians.
    What can i say? Every next autumn set is bigger. Khans will be the biggest. Distributor ordering not full print but part of it. For now it seems to be ordered less then 200 000 boosters. Suppose total print will be no more then 300. We calculated as 60-70 copies of foil rare per print. Problem is about spring sets, there is only a few copies of each foil mythic (20-30)
    Distributor sold out first part of Khans before prerelease, so after release, during October shops was not able to buy booster boxes and i wasn't able to take my prize boosters with khans. Doesn't matter, there is no inside. But there is different ways for information in small community where you are swimming several years. 6-7 years ago somebody said that print is 7 times less then Japanese +) Or for example there was a man in Belgium's plant who was able to "find" foil staples for my familliar trader, also information.
    But there is not hard to talk with all shop-keepers to know their volumes.

Russian cards are printed to cater to Russian reading players and there are far more of them than Korean. The print run is much larger because it's not just Russia but also former Soviet republics like Ukraine that demand Russian language cards. However, the distribution network is much worse than for Korean cards. Cards come to Seoul and if you know a couple of sellers there, you can basically get anything you want so long as you are willing to pay. There's still a lot of weeks of opening Kharns to go and already it's easy to get foil rares like Siege Rhino in the Russian language. I'm not saying that old Russian cards aren't very rare, they are. I am saying that Kharns is a different situation and foil fetches aren't rare like older Russian pimp foils (like thoughtseize from lorwyn). If you want variety in looking at MTG cards, try instagram.
    How do you know there are less players in Korea by the way?
    True, Ukraine and Belarus, we have same distributor, but there are no players... National there got 20-40 persons.
    Ye i suppose it is easy to get anything for you, cause russian foil staples are mass reselling to Europe and States. That is why some foils that I need for 5-years-old collection I saw first time in this topic. And there are lots of crap rares i have never seen although i am reading forums, ebay and going to club as if it is my job.
    Ok then. We have 3 auctions on foil rhinos last month and 4-6 selling on forums. But it is not top that everybody want to sell for big money.
    We have about 10 auctions for fetches of each kind, several more opened in Moscow for future reselling in Europe, several sold in net.
    Seems according to what we suggested - less then 120 copies of 1 foil rare printed by now. Also we have only 1 auction for Keranos, 2 for Pharika and same. Somebody told that eldrazi existing in 12-15 copies each. Russian foil's collectors in Russia have one simple rule: If you are not buying this card now, you possibly will never find it.
    Sad but true, you will have good card for double price in several month or much more later

I doubt it. I don't know who he is but if WotC tells Gary Adkison and half of Magic Librarities to fuck off when they ask for print run information I seriously doubt some rando-commando in Russia knows.
    From my perspective a few years ago Japanese was the "popular" foreign language that commanded a rather high premium for it's "rarity" this transitioned to Korean (to a lesser extent) and now Russian. I'm of the opinion that it's complete bullshit and entirely rooted in flavor of the month driven sales. I.E. Russian players/sellers hype the shit out of their card stock to demand premiums. As time goes on and the cards become more accessible the prices go down. FWIW, it really doesn't strengthen my confidence when people post about how "hard/rare" Russian foils are to find while posting pages of foil Russian Snapcaster Mage. The hype-o-meter and my personal bullshit meter run high. Another great example were the first few Russian foil Dark Confidant posted on eBay and 100% shilled to widespread knowledge - this essentially established a price line for high end Russian foils that wasn't even rooted in actual market demand.
    You might be true, but i suggest you an experiment. Come here and try to buy random cards from scars, innistrad, rtr. Or better! come to club and try to buy nonfoil uncommons-rares from M15. I would like to see it.
    Bullshit, your personal bullshitmeter is bullshit. If snaps was totally printed 200 copies, was it hard to get 10 of them if you have such an aim when they are in t2? Could you buy them anytime? How many have you seen in life? There is mo snaps in this topic or blackbordered lotuses?
    But i agree that there is no demand. Who will prefer rusfoil snap to lotus??(only me) Ye, i personally tried to sell nontop staples and edh cards on motl and nobody wanted anything except for less prices than cards that takes year-to-find worth. Ye, but 3 people was ready to do 900 for delta and 600 for strand

Would like somebody teach me English =(

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vishen View Post
    You might be true, but i suggest you an experiment. Come here and try to buy random cards from scars, innistrad, rtr. Or better! come to club and try to buy nonfoil uncommons-rares from M15. I would like to see it.
    Bullshit, your personal bullshitmeter is bullshit. If snaps was totally printed 200 copies, was it hard to get 10 of them if you have such an aim when they are in t2? Could you buy them anytime? How many have you seen in life? There is mo snaps in this topic or blackbordered lotuses?
    But i agree that there is no demand. Who will prefer rusfoil snap to lotus??(only me) Ye, i personally tried to sell nontop staples and edh cards on motl and nobody wanted anything except for less prices than cards that takes year-to-find worth. Ye, but 3 people was ready to do 900 for delta and 600 for strand

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Vishen View Post
    Can not say anything about Korean, really. All the years i'm playing collect only Russians.
    What can i say? Every next autumn set is bigger. Khans will be the biggest. Distributor ordering not full print but part of it. For now it seems to be ordered less then 200 000 boosters. Suppose total print will be no more then 300. We calculated as 60-70 copies of foil rare per print. Problem is about spring sets, there is only a few copies of each foil mythic (20-30)
    Distributor sold out first part of Khans before prerelease, so after release, during October shops was not able to buy booster boxes and i wasn't able to take my prize boosters with khans. Doesn't matter, there is no inside. But there is different ways for information in small community where you are swimming several years. 6-7 years ago somebody said that print is 7 times less then Japanese +) Or for example there was a man in Belgium's plant who was able to "find" foil staples for my familliar trader, also information.
    But there is not hard to talk with all shop-keepers to know their volumes.

How do you know there are less players in Korea by the way?
    True, Ukraine and Belarus, we have same distributor, but there are no players... National there got 20-40 persons.
    Ye i suppose it is easy to get anything for you, cause russian foil staples are mass reselling to Europe and States. That is why some foils that I need for 5-years-old collection I saw first time in this topic. And there are lots of crap rares i have never seen although i am reading forums, ebay and going to club as if it is my job.
    Ok then. We have 3 auctions on foil rhinos last month and 4-6 selling on forums. But it is not top that everybody want to sell for big money.
    We have about 10 auctions for fetches of each kind, several more opened in Moscow for future reselling in Europe, several sold in net.
    Seems according to what we suggested - less then 120 copies of 1 foil rare printed by now. Also we have only 1 auction for Keranos, 2 for Pharika and same. Somebody told that eldrazi existing in 12-15 copies each. Russian foil's collectors in Russia have one simple rule: If you are not buying this card now, you possibly will never find it.
    Sad but true, you will have good card for double price in several month or much more later
    Anyone who has been to Korea knows that there is only a very small mtg community there (supported by foreigners living in Korea). Part of the reason for this is that the non-card gaming scene is enormous. Partially it's also because there is a stigma towards card gaming because some parents see it as similar to gambling. Korean cards are printed as much for collectors outside Korea as Korean players.

What do you say about estimating numbers of cards - it's very difficult. How many copies of foil Russian Linvala exist for example. 20? 100? Who can say. As far as I know the one that was on ebay for about $2000 for months didn't sell. There are foil sets of Russian Rise of the Eldrazi given as redemption so you can get Linvala out of those but there is no question it is a rare card. The cards from all these early sets printed in the Russian language are very scarce.

My point is that Kharns is different and I think we will see drops on values of these cards in 2015. I've had no problem getting dig, treasure cruise, rhino and I've seen lots of fetches on ebay. For me Japanese foil onslaught fetches are pimp and I think in the longer term these cards will be rarer than Russian. So the question is how many foil Japanese polluted deltas from Onslaught are there compared with Kharns (remember there are still lots of Kharns packs to be opened).

There is another important point for collectors and that is that the onslaught printing is the FIRST printing of fetches. Right now it doesn't matter as much but in the future when onslaught fetches have been reprinted 3 or 4 times (it will happen) the original printing will be very important to collectors.

A final point of how many of a certain card there is existing - there are always more cards than you think there are. Many collectors don't participate on forums like this and don't play the game - you will never see their sets of summer or playsets of foil Russian Emrakul.
    mtgpimp

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

However, Kharns is Russian Kharns being Korean Kharns is However category.
    Russian Kharns are from Kharns far rarer.
    Kharns is different of Kharns
    Kharns. Jamesh Kharns.
    Martini, olive and absolutely no kharns.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Da hell is kharns? Like the planeswalker?

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I picked up some stuff like these two recently. I guess Revised miscut cards are really common, but do you know how much do these cards worth?
    Team Blood, Beijing.

Thread Information