Page 918 of 956 FirstFirst ... 418818868908914915916917918919920921922928 ... LastLast
Results 18,341 to 18,360 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

My UWr Stoneblade deck: Japanese theme with Fairy Tail alters ^.^
    Debating over altering the Forces or get the new version in Japanese (as you can see, I really like the new art...)

Links to bigger pictures 1 , 2 and 3

Close up of the alters:
    Last edited by JoB; 12-04-2018 at 04:25 AM.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

One hell of a first post!
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    One hell of a first post!
    Thx! Your Miracles deck was an inspiration for this deck actuallty :) Didn't know about the Coldsnap plow reprint in japanese (def the best art! Had to hunt for a playset for a couple of months:::) and a couple of alters for the " big" cards of the deck look great IMO (your Entreat the Angels + tokens are sweet) ....
    Prefer the Apac lands though (has the tap symbol + japanese locations!) and can't switch the Karakas for a japanese version (love the poem on the original one!)

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JoB View Post
    Thx! Your Miracles deck was an inspiration for this deck actuallty :) Didn't know about the Coldsnap plow reprint in japanese (def the best art! Had to hunt for a playset for a couple of months:::) and a couple of alters for the " big" cards of the deck look great IMO (your Entreat the Angels + tokens are sweet) ....
    Prefer the Apac lands though (has the tap symbol + japanese locations!) and can't switch the Karakas for a japanese version (love the poem on the original one!)
    Thanks!

I feel you! Those CSP Plows are definitely one of my most favorite inclusions in my deck as well. IMO hard to find > value in terms of pimp (for example, my Japanese Portal Pyroclasm isn't the most expensive Japanese Pyroclasm–that goes to foil 7th–but I think it's pimper because it's much, much harder to source.)

I want to run APAC but I just can't let go of the flavor of my Venice Islands with regards to how the rest of the deck is decorated.

Funny thing, I was thinking of starting to build towards Stoneblade (though Esper and not UWR) before I saw your post, and now I've become more interested in building it.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Love the deck!

If you're into alters, you may want to consider having your Forces altered into the Japanese language. Would look pretty sick next to everything else.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Plague Sliver View Post
    Love the deck!

If you're into alters, you may want to consider having your Forces altered into the Japanese language. Would look pretty sick next to everything else.
    Thx! That sounds great! Japanese original Force of Will's sounds like a dream come true :)
    Any idea who does this kind of alters? I wonder if they would use an exact translation of the original text (damage cannot be prevented etc...) or just use the new text that is available in Japanese...

Quote Originally Posted by JoB View Post
    Thx! That sounds great! Japanese original Force of Will's sounds like a dream come true :)
    Any idea who does this kind of alters? I wonder if they would use an exact translation of the original text (damage cannot be prevented etc...) or just use the new text that is available in Japanese...
    I can't read Japanese, but I think these alters were made before fow was printed in Japanese:

Wow, those look great!
    According to the url of the image they were probably made by pavorandom , hosted on deviantart : http://00-pavorandom-00.deviantart.c...21359#comments
    Maybe I should send him a message :)

Btw, Japanese mana drains : http://00-pavorandom-00.deviantart.c...ains-513021155 O_o

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

That reminds me, I actually contacted the guy that did those alters looking to have a clone set made. Maybe I should message him again.

I just noticed the alters on elspeth and jace. They are gorgeous... What I don't really get is why you pay more money for a card to be in Japanese, to cover 90% of the text with paint. Shouldn't make more sense to buy an English one and do the same also changing the name to Japanese? (or did you already do that?)

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    I just noticed the alters on elspeth and jace. They are gorgeous... What I don't really get is why you pay more money for a card to be in Japanese, to cover 90% of the text with paint. Shouldn't make more sense to buy an English one and do the same also changing the name to Japanese? (or did you already do that?)
    Not many people can copy the text to Japanese and make it look pretty. And the Japanese versions of those cards aren't that much more expensive.

At GP New York earlier this year, one of the vendors (I wanna say Hot Sauce Games) had unlimited power that was altered to be BB JPN. I wish I had asked who did them alteration.

Bryant Cook

That would be Calvin. His store is Black Magic Gaming.

Isn't changing the name one of the few things you can't do when altering a card?

Quote Originally Posted by Varal View Post
    Isn't changing the name one of the few things you can't do when altering a card?
    In theory are a few "accepted" rules that you should respect when altering a card, in order to be able to play with it at a tournament;
    - Card name can't be changed/covered
    - Cost of the card can't be changed/covered
    - Type of the card can't be changed/covered
    - Expansion symbol of the card can't be changed/covered
    - If it's a creature, power and toughness can't be changed/covered
    - The topic of the art should respect the original topic of the art in order to be recognizable
    - The topic of the art should be kids friendly (not pr0n)
    - The border of the card should be the original (don't alter the border from white to black, or to yellow, or to green, etc.)

But when you go to a tournament, the HJ is the final responsible of deciding which alters are playable.
    Judges near where I live don't really care about card names (Most of the players here can't read Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc. , so having the name of the card is useless to us), and the main filter they use is to show the altered card to an experienced player during ~1 second. If he/she can recognize the card, it's playable. I think it makes more sense.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

But when you go to a tournament, the HJ is the final responsible of deciding which alters are playable.
    This is key to remember. I've been to tournaments where the HJ basically didn't allow anything beyond sharpie alters. He even told people that he wasn't allowing alters. Quite a dicking for legacy players. I honestly felt at that point that it'd be better to ask forgiveness during a judgecall than permission from the HJ.

still a lot to do............

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    That would be Calvin. His store is Black Magic Gaming.
    That's it. My bad. The cards were pretty sick. Super well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    still a lot to do............

this would bring the haters !! haha keep going

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I like the subtle alter on the Brainstorms.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information