Page 944 of 956 FirstFirst ... 444844894934940941942943944945946947948954 ... LastLast
Results 18,861 to 18,880 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

For foil Japanese basic lands, what is the pimpest choice? I usually play Urza's Saga basics but I don't think they did those arena promos in japanese.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

This thread needs more love

.. and cool Pauper decks "Eye Candy" (btw, that's a real deck name)

...and before somebody reprots me for offtopic I also have a legacy deck for you

Last edited by Mr Miagi; 11-11-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    For foil Japanese basic lands, what is the pimpest choice? I usually play Urza's Saga basics but I don't think they did those arena promos in japanese.
    Whichever one you like best. I like Odyssey / Invasion basics for regular art and Battle for Zendikar for full art.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Not really pimp but:

Reunited and it feels so good.

These were the Drops that Jody Keith used for GP LV, he had trouble finding any locally before he had gone, so I loaned him mine through a friend. Been floating around making their way back to me both of us being busy and just missing each other, but the playset is complete again.

Don't think I've ever seen a full playset of those, nice job. On top of the best book in the world no less!

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hey there folks,

Today in Super Secret Tech, an Eldrazi Post almost fully signed!

Here's the sideboard:

More pretty pics, as always, here. Enjoy!
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by whocansay View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen a full playset of those, nice job. On top of the best book in the world no less!
    Once upon a time, I was trying to make a full 4x set of Arabian Nights (in the days when prices weren't crazy). That idea got scrapped for a variety of reasons, but I had picked these up before then, the last of which I had traded a foil Deathrite Shaman for.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Once upon a time, I was trying to make a full 4x set of Arabian Nights (in the days when prices weren't crazy). That idea got scrapped for a variety of reasons, but I had picked these up before then, the last of which I had traded a foil Deathrite Shaman for.

(for the guy who got the Shaman)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post

(for the guy who got the Shaman)
    I actually think now I am misremembering, I don't even know what I traded away for the last Drop, but pretty sure it was about 40 dollars in essentially junk (that was the going price, this was probably about 2013 or so).

(In other words, pretty sure it was even worse for that guy.)
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by gRR!! View Post
    Hey there folks,

Today in Super Secret Tech, an Eldrazi Post almost fully signed!

More pretty pics, as always, here. Enjoy!
    Oo that's very nice.

My one quibble is of course,the Ancient Tomb. I dislike the FTV Tombs and would much rather see the Expedition foils in this deck. =)
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I figure this will be my final update as the deck is done for all intents and purposes. I still have a few pieces I need done, but it won't be worth another thread. Anyways, this is my elves deck. It's by far my favorite deck to play and I put my heart and soul into finishing it. I started playing Legacy over a decade ago and from the start, I knew I wanted to play Elves. I was a high school student with little to no income when I first started working on this deck. It was no where near tier 1 back then; it was an all-in combo deck with Summoner's Pact, Emrakul, and Grapeshot as the finishers.

Over the years, I've slowly upgraded my deck. I took a break for a few years during college. When I came back, Elves became a whole new deck. With the new legend rule change which made Gaea's Cradle insane and the printing of Craterhoof Behemoth, Elves was finally good. I have a little more income now since graduating college so I slowly upgraded from English nonfoil to English foil to Chinese foil to now altered. All of the alters were done by u/ScourgeEffect.

So, here's the deck:

SB:

Maybes:

When this deck is completely 100% Chinese foil and altered, I will probably work on finishing S-Chinese foiling a modern and vintage deck. I'm a sucker for tribal decks so my I want to play Merfolk in Modern and either Goblins or Humans in Vintage.

BONUS: Modern deck progress: https://imgur.com/a/KnR7I (Most of it is S-Chinese foiled, except for random cards I can't find anywhere. This deck isn't a priority though, just a side project)

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

The Cavern of Souls is my favorite alter.

Seriously beautiful deck though!

Kylo Ren is 1BAMF.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

I really like the Totoro Pendelhaven

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Recent pick ups. #janklyf

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jandax; 11-27-2017 at 04:04 AM.

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Question for the pimps: Do you request your opponents shuffle your deck carefully if they decide to do so and does this upset them? Every time I mention this my opponent seems somewhat defensive. Also, I double sleeve with perfect hard making my deck like edh and lot of mtg players are not so careful and are used to a smaller feel. (Innuendo intended )

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Question for the pimps: Do you request your opponents shuffle your deck carefully if they decide to do so and does this upset them? Every time I mention this my opponent seems somewhat defensive. Also, I double sleeve with perfect hard making my deck like edh and lot of mtg players are not so careful and are used to a smaller feel. (Innuendo intended )
    When I had a semi-pimp Imperial Painter, i didn't give a damn. Then again, prices then were much more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Most people who are crazy enough to riffle shuffle their legacy decks know enough not to do that to their opponents decks. Although, I always let me opponents know that I'm not comfortable with them riffling my deck if I see them riffling their own. Even with a non pimped deck we are still talking about something worth $2-$3k.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    Most people who are crazy enough to riffle shuffle their legacy decks know enough not to do that to their opponents decks. Although, I always let me opponents know that I'm not comfortable with them riffling my deck if I see them riffling their own. Even with a non pimped deck we are still talking about something worth $2-$3k.
    Shuffling the opponents deck is out of this time. There is no need, really. Cutting a deck one time on the table should be fine. The player should shuffle good enough already or get a warning. No way i feel comfortable with some random person bitching around with my stuff, regardless of what it is.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Shuffling the opponents deck is out of this time. There is no need, really. Cutting a deck one time on the table should be fine. The player should shuffle good enough already or get a warning. No way i feel comfortable with some random person bitching around with my stuff, regardless of what it is.
    I think you'll have a bad time with any competitive event then. It's good practice to always shuffle your opponent's deck. It's literally the rules. And if some people waive that right with a cut or decline to shuffle that doesn't mean that the people who DO shuffle your deck are in the wrong or somehow accusing you of cheating; they're only following the rules.

Thread Information