Page 744 of 956 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794844 ... LastLast
Results 14,861 to 14,880 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    If you look on Ebay for "foil Korean", you get 410 results: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...orean&_sacat=0

If you do the same for "foil Russian", you get more than double, 899: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ssian&_sacat=0

So, at least on Ebay, your theory doesn't hold. Maybe that's because people holding Russian cards are much more willing to sell on Ebay than people selling Korean cards (maybe they sell them in Asian websites).
    Anyway, it actually really surprises me to see that much Russian in comparison to Korean. Maybe it isn't really that scarce. Maybe Korean is indeed more rare. But people are willing to pay much more for Russian, which is more surprising if it's actually less rare than Korean.
    I don't think you can use this as a true comparison. 39 foil Russian sets > 14 foil Korean sets. So it makes sense for numbers similar to that. Sorry if I miscounted sets.

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Valtrix View Post
    Do "foreign" players think English is pimp then?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    You have that problem with any language (unless you are playing Modern, then just with Korean and Russian). If you want a "uniform" deck, then everything should be English non-foil.
    This probably tantamounts to heresy in these parts but..

I think cards in English are no fun, as that is the 'default' language.
    Uniformity is of utmost importance, everything should be in the same language, all black bordered or all white bordered and either be fully foiled out or not foiled at all.

So, uuh, I usually have some cards from Legends in my decks, which leaves me with just one choice if I'm to meet my criteria.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Clio View Post
    I don't think you can use this as a true comparison. 39 foil Russian sets > 14 foil Korean sets. So it makes sense for numbers similar to that. Sorry if I miscounted sets.
    Yes exactly. I agree that Russian foil from older sets is very rare and often unavailable on the market. However, Kharns is a different story. There's lots of Russian Kharns being opened and that's why I expect to see price drops on those cards in 2015. The print run on Korean Kharns is smaller than Russian but Russian is still more expensive because 1. people prefer that language 2. people mistakenly think it is rarer. I like Russian foil but I prefer Japanese foil and it is much easier to get playsets of those cards. However, if you want to make money on MTG the best bet has been buying power, duals and summer - values on high-end foils are much flakier and generally they are far harder to move. As a collector it's nice to have cards that very few other people have however and Russian foil falls into that category.
    mtgpimp

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Yes exactly. I agree that Russian foil from older sets is very rare and often unavailable on the market. However, Kharns is a different story. There's lots of Russian Kharns being opened and that's why I expect to see price drops on those cards in 2015. The print run on Korean Kharns is smaller than Russian but Russian is still more expensive because 1. people prefer that language 2. people mistakenly think it is rarer. I like Russian foil but I prefer Japanese foil and it is much easier to get playsets of those cards. However, if you want to make money on MTG the best bet has been buying power, duals and summer - values on high-end foils are much flakier and generally they are far harder to move. As a collector it's nice to have cards that very few other people have however and Russian foil falls into that category.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Well enough politics, I just completed my korean fetchland playset, so there's reason to celebrate!

Also, there's this beautiful card that came in on Saturday:

And the rest of its brothers, minus that pesky Sapphire...
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Well, I was going to post something but well shit. How can you followup all that sweet power?

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    Well, I was going to post something but well shit. How can you followup all that sweet power?
    Well he went Alpha.... How about beta as a follow up?

Last edited by KIP_NZ; 11-21-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Well enough politics, I just completed my korean fetchland playset, so there's reason to celebrate!

Also, there's this beautiful card that came in on Saturday:
    I take it they didn't bump their price :) sweet!
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by KIP_NZ View Post

Well, I'll bring it down for us mere mortals with some Unlimited power...

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by KIP_NZ View Post
    That playmat is so sick I think I need to see a doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Post your pimpness! :O
    I started the journey at last year's legacy gp DC. Today I give you Lands!

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Now take your fbb and gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Clio View Post
    You are right, I didn't consider that.

If I look for "Foil Russian Khans" I get 174 results: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...khans&_sacat=0

If I search for "Foil Korean Khans" I get 109: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...khans&_sacat=0

So it still seems like, at least on Ebay, Russian cards supply is higher than Korean cards supply.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    I wonder why people prefer Russian. I also find Japanese or Korean more beautiful. I think it's mainly because of your second point, because it seems more exclusive. Or at least it was in the past. In some sense it's similar to people wanting Summer Magic mainly because it's really rare, not just because it's more beautiful than Alpha or Beta.

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

OK, so in the last pages we've got foil signed FoWs, A/B/Unl Power/Duals and whatnot. I f'ing love this thread.

Anyway! This week in Super Secret Tech, a Legacy aggro-combo deck that wins by attacking for ten!

Sideboard:

More infectious pics, in Super Secret Tech,. Enjoy!
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

That Lands deck is done right. Very nice.

-Matt

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Well, I'll bring it down for us mere mortals with some Unlimited power...

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    I'm just curious if that picture is... Puppy power?
    Using Tapatalk

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Allcoin View Post
    I'm just curious if that picture is... Puppy power?
    Vastly inferior to #pizzaPower:

Yes, I made a pizza to take this picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Vastly inferior to #pizzaPower:

Yes, I made a pizza to take this picture.
    This is only a little terrifying. At least we know you have a powered kitchen.
    Using Tapatalk

Thread Information