Page 102 of 956 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by andrew77 View Post
    Ex alpha/beta stuff is infinitely nicer than disgusting white bordered unlimited. I agree that vg alpha/beta cards are pretty ugly, but unlimited is extremely common and doesn't have the nice dark inking of alpha and beta. I am more impressed by good looking proxies of p9 than nm/mint unlimited junk.

Also, why the hell would you ever play with mint/nm A/B cards? I guess you have never owned any, but nm/mint alpha/beta cards carry a huge premium over ex ones and it really doesn't make sense to play them unless you want them to lose over 30% of their value.
    Own/ed plenty. I use double sleeves and enjoy my cards being in NM/M condition. It really isn't that hard to keep your items nice while playing with them. You sound mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    I think those are Revised, however I thoroughly enjoy Unlimited Dual Lands as well as Unlimited Power and staples (i.e. Demonic Tutor). I personally find clean MINT Unlimited Power, Dual Lands, and staples a hell of a lot more "pimp" than 85% of the Beta Power, Dual Lands that look like total fucking shit and are posted in "pimp" threads across multiple forums.

Seriously take care of your cards people and stop wasting money on EX Beta I don't want to see that garbage. Guess I'm the only stickler.
    Exactly... If it isn't mint pristine, I don't want it... Thats why I use WB(and fetching), also I haven't found any minty beta duals, so I think the next step is to have them altered, don't know if I'll have the forces altered cause they're mint and I think that in itself is pimp.

The Factories I prefer in foil, and I don't use my German duals because the whole deck is english... It's kinda a theme. Also, I like the FNM brainstorms cause the halo thing is foily, but masques ones are harder to come by so cooler to some, I had the chance to get them, but it came down to preference.

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonmac View Post
    Exactly... If it isn't mint pristine, I don't want it... Thats why I use WB(and fetching), also I haven't found any minty beta duals, so I think the next step is to have them altered, don't know if I'll have the forces altered cause they're mint and I think that in itself is pimp.
    I don't understand how you can like altered cards if all you like is minty cards. All of this I don't like pimp cards (pimp meaning alpha/beta) because they aren't minty just seems like a sad excuse people use when they can't afford them. BTW, if you use revised or unlimited duals my island>your manabase. OWNED!!!

sad excuse people use when they can't afford them. BTW, if you use revised or unlimited duals my island>your manabase. OWNED!!!
    HAHAHA!! ok so someone that drops like 2k or more on a foiled or jap legacy deck, pretty sure they don't give a shit about the cost of buying minty beta stuff... lets not turn this into a "who's got more money" thing, it's pretty weak dude.

Also, altered (when done correctly) looks very clean, the card stays minty

Just saw some guru lands go for like $20 on ebay this afternoon. they're alright I guess, just not foil

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonmac View Post
    HAHAHA!! ok so someone that drops like 2k or more on a foiled or jap legacy deck, pretty sure they don't give a shit about the cost of buying minty beta stuff... lets not turn this into a "who's got more money" thing, it's pretty weak dude.

Also, altered (when done correctly) looks very clean, the card stays minty

Just saw some guru lands go for like $20 on ebay this afternoon. they're alright I guess, just not foil
    First off that is no run of the mill guru land.

Secondly, anyone who has a completely jap foil deck will either have or want bb duals. Or if they have wb duals it is because they are summer. Nobody in their right mind wants a deck filled with unlimited/revised duals/power and jap foils.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

cute misprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Bryant Cook

Secondly, anyone who has a completely jap foil deck will either have or want bb duals. Or if they have wb duals it is because they are summer. Nobody in their right mind wants a deck filled with unlimited/revised duals/power and jap foils.
    It's true, but I don't want Beta/Alpha duals either. FFB, english sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    It's true, but I don't want Beta/Alpha duals either. FFB, english sucks.
    Im reporting you to homeland security.

Never really cared for misprints, , but if its your thing keep rockin it brother.

I know people who, like myself, like crisp edges, so they rock WB even with jap/russian/german foils.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

I don't understand how you can like altered cards if all you like is minty cards. All of this I don't like pimp cards (pimp meaning alpha/beta) because they aren't minty just seems like a sad excuse people use when they can't afford them. BTW, if you use revised or unlimited duals my island>your manabase. OWNED!!!
    Plenty of people who deal with misprints refuse to deal with these kind of guru lands, because they were almost definitely stolen property at one point in time. A guy had a large number of these lands, and they hadn't been seen anywhere else yet, while the large concentration makes it almost statistically impossible for them to have been erroneously distributed via the guru scheme. Most other test prints or summer were mostly distributed legitimately to employees or accidentally released (even though there are some that were illegitimately obtained), which is why most rarities collectors have no problems dealing with them. Not getting on a moral high horse, just stating a point.

I agree with most of what has been said -- beta power and duals are musts for maxed out decks and look a lot better than unlimited, with the caveat that they aren't altered or freaking bleached. The award for the most expensive island, though, unquestionably has to go to a test print. Same for the other basic lands.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    Plenty of people who deal with misprints refuse to deal with these kind of guru lands, because they were almost definitely stolen property at one point in time. A guy had a large number of these lands, and they hadn't been seen anywhere else yet, while the large concentration makes it almost statistically impossible for them to have been erroneously distributed via the guru scheme. Most other test prints or summer were mostly distributed legitimately to employees or accidentally released (even though there are some that were illegitimately obtained), which is why most rarities collectors have no problems dealing with them. Not getting on a moral high horse, just stating a point.

I agree with most of what has been said -- beta power and duals are musts for maxed out decks and look a lot better than unlimited, with the caveat that they aren't altered or freaking bleached. The award for the most expensive island, though, unquestionably has to go to a test print. Same for the other basic lands.
    Look at the island again. This is not one of the stolen guru's with no stamp. It is mis-stamped. Also on the subject of the test print islands, sure they might be rarer, but they aren't legal.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Right. Am at work and just took a cursory glance.

They aren't legal, but sure as anything fit into the definition of "pimp". If anything, not being legal and still costing more than some maxed out decks makes them even more "pimp". Damn I hate that word.

upside down on the left, looks like a junk.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Yeah. They're basically part of a couple of sheets that got sent in upside down when the symbols were printed, hence the symbols would be in the right place if the cards were sent in the right way. I missed it the first time I looked at it.

In any case, no misprint guru land, upside down stamp or no stamp, is likely to be worth more than a manabase playing 1-2 sets of blue duals + fetches.

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

I got these mis-stamped islands a long time ago. They are worth about $250-300 though so that is definitely enough to contend with most legacy manabases.

I also remember seeing a bunch of test prints at NYC worlds for much cheaper than they sell for nowadays, but had no interest in them because they're not legal and because there were a number of summer duals in the room. At that point in time I really wanted to get a summer USEA for whatever reason. In the end I settled for an alpha lotus and some beta seas. I actually want to get some summer duals atm, but between all the random things I've been winning on ebay and the ridiculous cost of a new car and the insurance that goes with it I can't seem to save up enough.

Here's a pic of my newest misprint...

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

I would put them at about $200, although I can see your valuation holding out in certain cases. In any case, I don't think it's worth arguing over.

Depends on which test prints you saw, as not all test editions were created equal. Test prints would follow summer in general, inflating in price over time. It honestly is ironic that the most expensive test prints are all not legal -- only textless bargains would be playable and crack the top 3 in my opinion. A summer sea in at least EX+ condition would comfortably exceed 3k. I'm practically in the same boat as you, in that I've stopped going after summer for a few months while buying test prints. I'm considering picking up at least half a textless saga set after my current acquisitions, so that's summer pushed back for a while more.

Pretty nice miscut there :)

I'll make up for all the talk here by posting a nice scan in a week's time. Probably be the first time the card in question has been seen in the public.

Goblin Piledriver
    Jul 2008
    Netherlands

Can't wait! I love seeing these odd and rare cards since I'm not even aware of most of them existing.
    Anyhoo, what's going on with the GURU island? The picture looks a bit strange, what's up guys.
    Hello friend.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
    Can't wait! I love seeing these odd and rare cards since I'm not even aware of most of them existing.
    Anyhoo, what's going on with the GURU island? The picture looks a bit strange, what's up guys.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

bring me water!
    Feb 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    Some non-power stuff I picked up recently. Have been busy, so cards are still in whatever I got them in:

This is the only scan I took, so apologies that some of the stuff isn't 1.5/playable.

I'll post more of my collection from time to time. Cheers everyone.
    where did you get that bird?

Mar 2009
    Italy

Re: Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by kirdape3 View Post
    I personally like spending oh, $15 for a Revised Serendib Efreet playset rather than say $150.
    Sometimes they are not enough! ... but this is not the best, I hope someone is going to post a Summer one!

Thread Information