Page 11 of 956 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Jun 2007
    Germany

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Hi,

here is my Ichorid deck, which isn't finished at all. About 20 cards left, but I think its okay for now ;) (the LEDs are Italian and French)[just got a handycamera, but I think this pictures are quite good :)]:

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

Damn, that looks nice, what are you going to do about Ichorids?
    This is my Signature

Jun 2007
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by The Rack View Post
    Damn, that looks nice, what are you going to do about Ichorids?
    I want to get the whole deck in foil (expect the LED, they should be in a other language other than german or englisch; if Wizards prints it as a judge reward, I'll get a playset ;) ), but Ichorids are really hard to get. If you are lucky onlineshops or ebay just got one...

12/12
    Dec 2004
    Spencer MA

Ichorid is insanely hard to find. I dont get it.

Those LED's are hot hot hot. I just picked up two Arabian Italian Cities for my build.
    Now playing real formats.

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Bane of the Living View Post
    Ichorid is insanely hard to find. I dont get it.

Those LED's are hot hot hot. I just picked up two Arabian Italian Cities for my build.
    Italian Renaissance, FWIW.

Foil Ichorids are indeed a bitch, and it's for 2 reasons:

1. It's been "hot" for almost 2 years, so a lot of players have picked up those available on the market.
    2. It's from a pretty bland middle set that wasn't purchased in large amounts, so the demand is higher than the supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

Mar 2007
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by TheAardvark View Post
    Italian Renaissance, FWIW.

1. It's been "hot" for almost 2 years, so a lot of players have picked up those available on the market.
    2. It's from a pretty bland middle set that wasn't purchased in large amounts, so the demand is higher than the supply.
    Foil Ichorids, a few Ebay Stores have them, troll and toad has 2 for 8$ each.. and some other has one for 10$

Jun 2007
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by beezy View Post
    Foil Ichorids, a few Ebay Stores have them, troll and toad has 2 for 8$ each.. and some other has one for 10$
    The price is okay, but the problem is, that troll and toad want to have about 50$ for shipping to Germany^^. I think I'll buy them piece by piece in several shops...

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TheAardvark View Post

I disagree. I was running a store when Odyssey block hit, and Torment WAS the selling point of the block. Judgment only barely pushed by on better sales from the Wishes, and Odyssey itself sold very well only in singles, the set was filled with so many mediocre rares and uncommons that it wasn't really worth buying packs after the first few weeks. The reason the supply is short is because Odyssey block was the start of the "limited" print runs, meaning that Wizards would print just enough to keep around for the 3 months the set was released, then completely stop printing once the new set came out. They unfortunately made this mistake with Judgment and Torment especially, cutting it far shorter than demand over time.

The real problem is the foil distribution wasn't really all that great for the sets in this timeframe. Torment itself was absolute terrible distribution for foils, with the imbalance of the colors in Torment and Judgment. But the card being hot (even if it's only for casual players), made it for one of the few cards in the set to actually find, and foils were just hitting the rage in Odyssey block especially. I remember selling my two foil Ichorids off for $30 each, at least a year after the set's release.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Brot_Ohne_Kruste View Post
    The price is okay, but the problem is, that troll and toad want to have about 50$ for shipping to Germany^^. I think I'll buy them piece by piece in several shops...
    Haha, you should have just changed the shipping method. I've just got them shipped to the Netherlands for $3.95.

Sorry for you, but I am also trying to get the deck pimped
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Oil Sheikh
    May 2007
    Syracuse, NY

I have some decent stuff, but i don't know how to post the pircures.

Quote Originally Posted by marit View Post
    I have some decent stuff, but i don't know how to post the pircures.
    Take pictures and load them into your computer. If you have Photoshop, open them and go to "File > Save for Web and Devices" to reduce them to a more efficient file size. Go to Photobucket and make an account if you don't have one. Go to "Upload" and find your picture. When it's done, click the url under the picture involving "[img]" tags, and paste that into your post.

Aug 2007
    Netherlands, Tilburg

Quote Originally Posted by Bane of the Living View Post
    YES!
    Ok, here the photo's are (I've picked almost all my pimp, Its not very much and not very Hot pimp, but its something...), the fotos aren't very good, but ok:

The Putrefy for you ;)!

Mvg
    *Team Haste!*

keepin' it unreal
    May 2007
    Gothenburg, Sweden

I got two foil Portuguese Yawgmoth's Bargain (part of my collection of 40smthng Bargains), how much are they going for?
    If anyone got one, I'm interested!

And BTW, Russian is tha shit! Asian is so common, don't even see it as pimp anymore.
    "Want all, lose all."

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Quote Originally Posted by DeathwingZERO View Post
    I disagree. I was running a store when Odyssey block hit, and Torment WAS the selling point of the block. Judgment only barely pushed by on better sales from the Wishes, and Odyssey itself sold very well only in singles, the set was filled with so many mediocre rares and uncommons that it wasn't really worth buying packs after the first few weeks. The reason the supply is short is because Odyssey block was the start of the "limited" print runs, meaning that Wizards would print just enough to keep around for the 3 months the set was released, then completely stop printing once the new set came out. They unfortunately made this mistake with Judgment and Torment especially, cutting it far shorter than demand over time.

The real problem is the foil distribution wasn't really all that great for the sets in this timeframe. Torment itself was absolute terrible distribution for foils, with the imbalance of the colors in Torment and Judgment. But the card being hot (even if it's only for casual players), made it for one of the few cards in the set to actually find, and foils were just hitting the rage in Odyssey block especially. I remember selling my two foil Ichorids off for $30 each, at least a year after the set's release.
    Well, all I can say is that Torment sold terribly locally, as the 3 "local" stores at that time didn't sell very much at all; at one of the stores, the owner told me that it was the worst selling set pack-wise since Homelands for him, so... *shrug*

Yes, distribution was a huge problem in that era as well, but that was for pretty much every set until Mirrodin/Kamigawa era stuff. I still have nightmares of people trying to collect foil sets of Masques block; that was one of the most fucked up blocks ever as far as distribution goes. Gah.

Oh, and @dlevsApiJ, BB REBs are only pimp if they actually say Instant for the card type. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

Quote Originally Posted by caiomarcos View Post
    I got two foil Portuguese Yawgmoth's Bargain (part of my collection of 40smthng Bargains), how much are they going for?
    If anyone got one, I'm interested!

And BTW, Russian is tha shit! Asian is so common, don't even see it as pimp anymore.
    In all honestly I have been picking up beta duals and power recently and nothing compares. Most things that are cool don't even appeal to me if they aren't expensive because I know I could easily get them. I don't have a scanner atm since i'm at college, but I'l get some picks up whem im back for thanksgiving.

BTW misstamped guru lands are insanely pimp.

Oct 2005
    Germany - NRW

I love those WB Japanese Pyroblasts!
    Give it :>
    I'll post my manabase, when my last Japanese Fetchies are receiving here :>

20 Japo Fetchies
    16 German.Limited U-Duals

Be prepared ;)
    Team aYb
    Selling my Japanese Legacy Collection. PM me what you need ;)
    My mcm-account. Selling overseas

Aug 2007
    Netherlands, Tilburg

Quote Originally Posted by Windux View Post
    I love those WB Japanese Pyroblasts!
    Give it :>
    I'll post my manabase, when my last Japanese Fetchies are receiving here :>

20 Japo Fetchies
    16 German.Limited U-Duals

Be prepared ;)
    Yeah, its good they are WB, when i will board them out for Spree's, they are very easy to find ;). Also my Land (dont want them FBB) cause i can search them fast with Land Grant, cause they are WB (Unlimited).

Mvg

ps. Why are REB's from Beta not pimp? why only from alpha?
    *Team Haste!*

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

Hey guys, I just picked up a couple more Foil Chinese Tarmogoyf's. That mean's my 4x S-Chinese Tarmogoyfs are going to be up for sale. I'm also considering letting go of the English playset too, but I dunno yet.

I'd like to get $35 a piece for the S-Chinese, which is $140 for the playset. I'll cover shipping and insurance...within the U.S. and Canada.
    When other people do not assert themselves, they may still have something to be proud of, something that they believe is unrivalled, but it is just that they have not got the same vulgarity of throwing their weight about and imposing themselves and their beliefs on other people. - Dunduzu Kalui Chisiza

If you think a topic is dumb, don't add to it. Pretty simple. - Bardo

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by dlevsApiJ View Post
    ps. Why are REB's from Beta not pimp? why only from alpha?
    Alpha REBs are misprinted. The Alpha ones were printed as Instants, and Beta ones were corrected to be Interrupts. Since interrupt is no longer a card type, Alpha are in higher demand.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

I am probably the only person who values Beta above Alpha, in fact I would trade any Alpha Card I own for a Beta Equivalent... if you're Lego. Also, those three free Goyfs I promised Lego? I'll get them to you soon.

Edit:

A moral quandary:

I have enough cash to buy a box or Lorwyn and some singles or a bunch of Lorwyn singles and an Signed Italian Moat.

Given that I may be enlisting in the Navy soon... which should I do?

That Moat is both pimp and will be useful for a long time...

But I LOVE opening booster boxes... a lot and I will miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Thread Information