Page 117 of 956 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Mar 2009
    Italy

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

More upgrades from Worlds 2009 in Rome!

Vintage vs Foil Japanese!

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Quote Originally Posted by ykpon View Post
    Nightmare, shouldn't all spanish Mana Crypts be white-bordered?
    Yes, they are. That one is Portuguese.
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

May 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa, USA

I have an identical underground sea with half no pigment. By identical, I mean it. The area that is without pigment follows the exact same path along the middle of the card. I was so surprised to see it that I went to my collection to validate that it was not stolen.
    Last edited by ramanujan; 12-06-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Adding Image

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ramanujan View Post
    I have an identical underground sea with half no pigment. By identical, I mean it. The area that is without pigment follows the exact same path along the middle of the card. I was so surprised to see it that I went to my collection to validate that it was not stolen.
    Check your pm's

And here is something I just can't resist posting. Not legacy playable, but far more awesome than most legacy cards anyway I would be impressed by a playset of foil russian goyfs though. Anyway here is something that took a while to get ahold of...

Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Damn, Korean Necropotence are so pricey :/
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Awesome Member
    Jan 2008
    Brookline, MA

@andrew77

That miscut sea is one of the coolest cards I've seen. How much did that set you back, just out of curiousity?
    awesome

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew77 View Post
    Check your pm's

A I would be impressed by a playset of foil russian goyfs though.

I found this on an Italian site. Don't know to whom they belong, but I think they should have costed some money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by ramanujan View Post
    It makes a lot of sense that they are identical. Intuitively speaking, it should raise a red flag that our cards look very similar, or even identical. However, let me theorise why they are so similar. The reason for that is that Underground sea was a R1 in revised and occupies the same position on sheets every time. A printing press that has essentially run out of ink on certain portions is going to have gone through several sheets before being discovered, which means that every Sea on those sheets looks like that. It could also result in either 1) the other cards below the sea and other cards on its line to be completely albino or 2) create albino blocks on the sheet.

I'm honestly not surprised that they look the same -- I'm more surprised that another one made it out to see the light of day. Thanks for sharing it, and it is a very nice misprint. One of my favourite colour-related misprints.

That said, I am worried that your first response was that I may have misappropriated the card. :P
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

Awesome. I have been trying to get russian foil goyfs for some time, but am finding it impossible to track them down.

@Occam. Just out of curiosity did you get the sea from an american collector who used to have quite a nice collection of summer cards as well as other misprints/rarities?

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

As far as I know he hasn't liquidated his summer collection yet. I placed a bid of about 7+k on his efreet, but he wants to sell as a set. In any case, if we are talking about the same person, he's a great person (we've had quite lengthy PM chats about summer magic and other stuff), and was also the person who sold that parallax tide island on ebay. I remember a real frenzy when people first saw that card, as to why it looked like that, whether it was fake, whether it was a 6th ed print or 8th ed print, how many there were around etc.

To add, I rarely showcase cards that aren't summer, test prints or which have special meaning to me, but that card was one of his favourite pieces, and is a very nice piece that people would probably enjoy. I'll leave the posting of other nice cards (miscuts, foreign cards, power etc) to people like you.

Banned

May 2007
    jersey

Yep, It is the person I had in mind. I got one of my mistamped islands from him actually.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

If I had known that, I would never have assumed that they were the ones without stamp. He abhors those. Alright, let's let the thread move on without clogging it up with all the talk. :)

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

My wife and I both speak some Russian and have family over there. I'll see if any of them want to go hit some card stores hunting for some. Shouldn't be too horridly hard to get.

Dr. Edge
    Sep 2008
    Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    and was also the person who sold that parallax tide island on ebay
    now that you've piqued my interest, i'm curious as to what exactly this card is

Boy George?
    Oct 2005
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by stacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw View Post
    Still up for more games, although I must say it's pretty silly to play if you're just going to complain about luck irrationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw
    I think the massive difference is a fluctuatiuon of luck. Against Piceli I drew fairly well, whereas against green one I mulliganned for mana screw reasons twice and for "hand has no answers in it" like 5 times.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2008
    Finland

*****, enchantress and elf foils

Eva green foils

Some foil and fbb lands

Random B foils

Random R foils

Berserk stompy foils + random G foils

Berserk stompy foils + random G foils

Random W foils

Foil merfolks + some randomnes

U and multic. foils

Artifacts and some lands
    Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one

Site Contributor
    Sep 2008
    Finland

Some older and foreign cards

Whew....
    Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by stacker View Post
    I was a bit lazy to do so before, but I recently took a high res scan of the Island for a friend, so I can post it here without the other cards if you would like to keep a scan of it. Just to be clear, the one that was sold on eBay is in Belgium now. Mine was from another source.

To those interested, I made a stupidly long post on MTGS about albinos and some general knowledge about them, as some people were doubting the authenticity of the sea I posted. If the mods don't mind, I can paste the post here as an archive of information which should help the community in general. Otherwise, those interested can look for it there.

Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

I'm starting to take pics of Sharuum, even if it isn't done.
    Here are the critters I run! :D All 17 are foil, only 10 are Japanese so far ...

If anyone has a Japanese Foil upgrade for any of these bad boys for me, hit me up and we'll deal! 8)

pussy head man from outer space
    Mar 2006

The korean Necro is damn hot.
    Btw can anyon tell me, how many dollars i have to spend for a korean SotF..?

Thread Information