Page 127 of 956 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

More Japanese Foil Zoo cards. Have a full Japanese Zoo deck. Missing 1-2 small cards in Japanese, Lightning Helix and Vexing Shusher (I have Japanese Foil ones, but I dont play with foils), and a few duals in bb. I'll post scans when I'm done with it. Jittes and the Qasali Pridemage are signed and altered, lightning bolts are signed. Kird Apes are AN ones.

EDIT:

Forgot these, I prefer these to the original ones as the font size is larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmilord View Post
    I really like the thickness of the characters on the old T-Chinese cards. They might be compact, but I think it looks absolutely awesome. I'm not the biggest fan of S-Chinese, but of all the Asian languages I dislike Korean the most. To the trained eye, Korean is the most bland-looking language
    I don't think the fact that Korean is a mix of twenty or so (I'm way too lazy to go count) characters stuck to each other in various ways lessens its looks in any way. It certainly has more combinations for syllables than Cyrillic does letters, and I think that Russian looks great. And for what it's worth, for how complicated Japanese is with their two sets of kana and two+ uses for all their kanji, I think it looks like total shit. The kana interspersed everywhere are of a completely different level of detail/complexity/whatever and I think it really ruins the feel of the consistency of the text. It wouldn't be so bad if they used a better font, there are certainly ways to write Japanese so that it looks beautiful, but the one they use is ever so rigid and horrible. I don't think it does the language justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Being a 1C 2/1 with an ability isn't enough to make a card good by default. Elvish Archer is to First Striking as Dark Confidant is to card draw, and Nezumi Graverobber is to robbing graves as Tarmogoyf is to being much much better than a 2/1, but what the fuck does that even mean?

mull to the skull
    Oct 2007
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    I don't think the fact that Korean is a mix of twenty or so (I'm way too lazy to go count) characters stuck to each other in various ways lessens its looks in any way. It certainly has more combinations for syllables than Cyrillic does letters, and I think that Russian looks great. And for what it's worth, for how complicated Japanese is with their two sets of kana and two+ uses for all their kanji, I think it looks like total shit. The kana interspersed everywhere are of a completely different level of detail/complexity/whatever and I think it really ruins the feel of the consistency of the text. It wouldn't be so bad if they used a better font, there are certainly ways to write Japanese so that it looks beautiful, but the one they use is ever so rigid and horrible. I don't think it does the language justice.
    You're definitely right about Japanese. When too much kanji and kana clash, the consistency becomes extremely choppy, and in many cases unappealing.

I'm concerned with weight and flow - of which T-Chinese and Russian both carry. The reason why Russian looks so appealing (imo) is the fact that the characters all have a level cap height creating, visually, "lines" across each row of words. It flattens out the round and bobby look of the roman alphabet and gives it a very crisp, hard edge. And as for Korean? It's just the obtuse form of the characters that makes it rather unimpressive to me.

That doesn't bother me personally, but fair enough, I can see where you're coming from on that.
    Being a 1C 2/1 with an ability isn't enough to make a card good by default. Elvish Archer is to First Striking as Dark Confidant is to card draw, and Nezumi Graverobber is to robbing graves as Tarmogoyf is to being much much better than a 2/1, but what the fuck does that even mean?

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

The EDH player in me exploded with happiness with yesterday's mail ...

Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by yawg07 View Post
    The EDH player in me exploded with happiness with yesterday's mail ...

How much does that dude go now? A friend of mine bought the identical version at 45 euros. I know, he wasted money. But how much money as for now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

He is like $40-45, so yeah 45 EUR (65.20 USD) is a bit overspending.
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

I've finally completed the set of City of Traitors. Waiting for arrival now and will post a pic of one of them, saving the others for a later scan. It's taken a long time to complete that set and I haven't felt so good about waiting for mail for a long time!
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

French collector

Sep 2009

@occam : congrats !!! i cannot wait to see the scan(S) !

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    I've finally completed the set of City of Traitors. Waiting for arrival now and will post a pic of one of them, saving the others for a later scan. It's taken a long time to complete that set and I haven't felt so good about waiting for mail for a long time!
    Omg tell me this means the set of test print foils :DDDDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

It does. Show us the good stuff buddy! :)
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Where do you guys find those? I've been hunting for a Foil Survival forever and have never seen one anywhere.

Jan 2007
    Milwaukee, WI, USA

Really?

Ur tears of nerdrage taste so sweet to me.
    Feb 2008
    Do not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gunslinga View Post
    Really?
    Why not selling those and buying a yacht?
    PIMP!
    Team Legal Actions.

Dec 2006
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by EaD View Post
    Why not selling those and buying a yacht?
    PIMP!
    Because, like an airplane, a yacht costs more to dock and maintain than it does to purchase. That's why you see so many used yachts for sale.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Where do you find those things? I can never come across one to even offer on it. I tried to sign up for Magic Rarities but that sites admins seems to be gone anymore. Heh, I still need to catch up with you to see if you would like that crimped Jet I have. I still need a decent beta one for a set. I don't collect crimped ones. That Jet and an Imperial Recruiter are top of my list right now though.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

I've heard from friends who attend events in the US (I don't stay in the US) that the test print sotfs have been available at some of those events. Gunslinga got his on eBay iirc, together with the CoT. I'm considering whether I should go for a set of bb SotFs too, as I'm already halfway there, but other test prints just appeal to me a lot more. If they're just for your collection, I'd go for a saga textless print. If it's for prestige, I'd go for foil 8e prints. Even the crappy commons there are almost on par price-wise with a silver-bordered CoT or Sotf.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Jan 2007
    Milwaukee, WI, USA

I've seen the 8th foil stuff, though, and the silver-bordered Exodus test foils just blow away EVERYTHING when you see them in person. They are RADIANT. I will be bringing these puppies to some of the SCG Legacies, as well as GP Columbus. Hell, I'd play them if the judges would let me.

At least I can probably bust out these guys

Those took me I think 5 or 6 years to put together.

Damn. Just damn. That's really something else, very cool set. Out of curiosity, what's the card above them on the sheet?

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

It's probably this guy:

as it's the only red 1/1 uncommon in the set.
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Thread Information