Page 242 of 956 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

not sure why, might be rarity related, but I'm obsessed with foil from the eventide set, whenever i see it, and i don't have it, i's got to have it

mtgpimp

This thread needs more foil japanese...

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Stuff just got real.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

You should've told Rob Alexander to not draw blobs on your expensive cards.

-Matt

May 2011
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    You should've told Rob Alexander to not draw blobs on your expensive cards.

-Matt
    He bastardizes so many cards with his inconsistent signature, his inability to alter cards, and his availability. Seriously, anyone can get cards signed by him. They hold no premium, whatsoever. He's pretty much like Mark Poole, except not as cool, and can't do alters as good as him.

inb4 Mark Poole wrecks cards, yeah yeah...

Site Contributor
    Jan 2010
    Ontario, Canada

I like Robs alters, but I guess to each their own.

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

I like the ruins (haha) and such, sometimes, but I DON'T like his signature.
    But out of his 9x Japanese Foil Deltas, he's got 4 clean ones :3
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Quote Originally Posted by CookedChestnuts View Post
    Seriously, anyone can get cards signed by him. They hold no premium, whatsoever.
    Oh my, you probably think you're much better than everybody and he should only sign YOUR cards instead of also - let's say - my cards? No, you're right he sucks because he does not treat you better than the rest of us...

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

That's not the point he's trying to make. He's saying some artists have rare signatures because they sign very little of anyone's cards, not just yours or mine. The point he's raising is that the signature is so common you might as well just have an unsigned copy, as the numbers are almost comparable (obviously this is an exaggeration, but it's for effect).

I've asked Rob so many times not to sign Jap Foil fetches and Beta/Alpha duals, but he just nods, smiles, and ignores me. Sadface.

-Matt

I kind of agree, unless it is an elaborate alter like what Ron Spencer's most of the time I feel like it just detracts aesthetically from an otherwise pristine card, regardless of whether or not it was the artist that did it.

However that is only my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011
    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...

I've asked Rob so many times not to sign Jap Foil fetches and Beta/Alpha duals, but he just nods, smiles, and ignores me. Sadface.

-Matt
    Why would you do that?
    Signed card collector

Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC

Pimp is not about rarity and price, its about a nice looking...

He bastardizes so many cards with his [...] availability.
    Ok, I can understand you rather have (or look for) rare signatures. But how can you complain about an artist being nice and signing much? Would you rather have a signature (a common one, because other people have it also) or none?

Same question: Why would you do that? And more important: Why in the blue hell should he listen to you, as long as it is not your Foils/Duals (then I could understand your anger, I also hate when artists sign my cards without permission. )

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjar View Post
    Pimp is not about rarity and price, its about a nice looking...
    pimp is about price and price only - that's why ganstas rock ice
    mtgpimp

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

I like Rob's alterations because most of them are non invasive, subtle and integrate well with the rest of the picture. His sketchy works on lots of Beta Seas/ foil Deltas and Strands are very cool. His crappy signature probably ruins the work, but hey, he's the artist.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Well, I wouldn't say many times, but I have asked when he's signed my binder. Of course, he doesn't listen, smiles, and asks for the next person as I cry deeply

I also did it just to anger Markers. Just kidding, but it obviously worked

-Matt

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Well, I wouldn't say many times, but I have asked when he's signed my binder. Of course, he doesn't listen, smiles, and asks for the next person as I cry deeply

-Matt
    I would ask the same. There are certain artists that just sign so much stuff it's not even really worth it. I would honestly value those Jap Foil fetches less because Rob signed them. I'm not a jap foil fan anyways, but I personally feel that defaces the card.

Now I understand there are certain artists who don't sign or very rarely sign.. I can understand that being worth something simply due to the fact that they're never at GPs or don't like having mail sent to their house with cards saying "OMG PLEASE SIGN".. but I really don't get the attraction to having them signed.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

-Matt
    I feel that you're beeing an ass telling him so. He get out to GP and PT to sign cards for his fans, and then you tell him he shouldn't do that. Who are you to tell him what he should do? And joking about it when you get confronted is just pathetic.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I have my opinions, you have yours. He doesn't have to listen, and he won't listen, because I'm a nobody, but I can still express my personal opinion to him. Personally, there's only so many Mint A/B duals, and having him sign every one of them is not personally appealing to me. I'm not saying he shouldn't sign anything, just not super rare stuff.

I can also joke about it because I know how strongly some people feel the other way about it.

-Matt

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

I like signatures that look cool and are consistant, or are rare. (Aleksi Briclot, Paolo Parente, Anson Maddocks, April Lee, Mark Tedin, Mark Poole on a good day, Kaja and Phil, Jeff Laubenstein)
    And yes, I love Parente's giant obtrusive signature, it is so different.

I do not love sigs where people are inconsistent, sloppy, or just pretty much write their name on the card with no flair. (Rob Alexander, Lars-Grant West, Daarken, curse you Anthony Waters I LOVE your art but your sig makes me cry)
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Thread Information