Page 244 of 956 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Everything I like is either a sin or causes cancer :P

-Matt

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Everything I like is either a sin or causes cancer :P

-Matt
    So you enjoy sex and your critics are Evangelicals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by grandeur84 View Post
    Quite a number of people have tons of cash lying around to buy rare stuffs. Don't be surprised.

Started picking them up when the japanese foil craze started about 6-7 years ago, ranging from $150+ to $300. A few months ago, a few people emailed me saying they were offering $400 per delta, and they wondered why I wouldn't sell them for these kind of good prices, saying another dealer would sell them if he had them. Look at the price of delta right now a few months later, at least $600 right now.
    I traded with you back in '04, I think. Did you already have all this stuff, or was starting to pick it up?

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I know these aren't on the same level of rarity as the craziness above, but I though people would appreciate the crap I had to go throught standing in line (especially with 2 dealers in front of me with stacks of hundreds of cards for Daarken to sign each- freaking unethical). Without further ado, my haul from GP Singapore:

The man himself working on my set of claims:

My Claims, pretty cool:

Bought this acryllic alter off him, pretty sick!

This is my Sharuum Combo finisher, nothing spells GG like a big ass skull:

The Twins, I asked for them specially altered that way, he did a fantastic job. I was the only one who had the balls to have these altered that day during the queue.

Angelic tutor:

Demonic tutor:

And the big banana superman coolest alter ever for general:

Money can't get you these babies, travelling on a train for 9 hours and queuing up for 2 hours just to see him gets you these.

But money did get me these though:

I overpaid for the German force, but whatever, this is very hard to come by.

Shop for Sharuum.

I kinda bankrupted myself (and my folder, sold all my spare staples). But hey, for the love of pimp right? Daarken is mad cool, very patient and an awesome artist. His alters are topnotch given the short amount of time he has. He has different coloured pens and even black sharpies of different sizes. Very professional.
    Last edited by ivanpei; 06-05-2011 at 03:45 AM.

My Merfolks deck

Dec 2010
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    I traded with you back in '04, I think. Did you already have all this stuff, or was starting to pick it up?
    Picked them up throughout the years, through the dirt cheap prices all the way up to crazy prices, spent probably $70-80k on my japanese foils alone, held them all the way till today's crazy prices, just like stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    I know these aren't on the same level of rarity as the craziness above, but I though people would appreciate the crap I had to go throught standing in line (especially with 2 dealers in front of me with stacks of hundreds of cards for Daarken to sign each- freaking unethical). Without further ado, my haul from GP Singapore:
    Daarken is a very nice and friendly artist. Had to stand in line for more than 2 hours to get a few cards altered, since almost everyone was giving him a huge stack of cards to sign. Kind of expected that to happen in Singapore though.
    His signature has changed, at least to a much nicer one compared to the horrendous one he had last time.

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by grandeur84 View Post
    Picked them up throughout the years, through the dirt cheap prices all the way up to crazy prices, spent probably $70-80k on my japanese foils alone, held them all the way till today's crazy prices, just like stocks.

Daarken is a very nice and friendly artist. Had to stand in line for more than 2 hours to get a few cards altered, since almost everyone was giving him a huge stack of cards to sign. Kind of expected that to happen in Singapore though.
    His signature has changed, at least to a much nicer one compared to the horrendous one he had last time.
    I met you at one of the SG legacy tourneys, not sure if you remember. Mucho respecto for your pimp, awesome stuff! Care to share your Daarken alters? Would love to see them. BTW didn't spot you at the GP, I was only there on Saturday though as I have to travel back and rest so I can work on Monday. Pretty much travelled just to see Daarken.

@Ikki85, nice deck. Appreciate the pimp, must have taken some time and $$$. But have you seen grandeurs? You should do a search. :) I felt like throwing up just at the sight of that many guru islands in 1 scan alone.

Dec 2010
    Singapore

I met you at one of the SG legacy tourneys, not sure if you remember. Mucho respecto for your pimp, awesome stuff! Care to share your Daarken alters? Would love to see them. BTW didn't spot you at the GP, I was only there on Saturday though as I have to travel back and rest so I can work on Monday. Pretty much travelled just to see Daarken.
    Yes I remember people really well, I know who you are. I saw you at the GP, you were just slightly in front of me doing the alterations. I love the feeling of being unknown locally though, its quite a bit of fun seeing people come up trying to lowball on rare stuffs thinking I'm just a random guy lurking around. In fact, had quite a bit of foreigners coming up to greet me at the GP, seems like foreigners know me more than locals playing non eternal formats, which helps in keeping me low profile enough for my liking.

I wanted to only alter 2 cards for my EDH deck, but decided to just alter another 2 more to put them up for sale

Daarken is definitely one of the friendlier artists around, but he was extremely tired at the end of the day. He said he won't be using his old sig anymore. I only got 4 Nature's Claim and 2 Praetor's Counsel altered. Got one of the d tutors altered, but won't be using them over A/B ones anyway. Didn't alter the rest of the foils.

grandeur, you should have brought your EDH

@Ikki85, nice deck. Appreciate the pimp, must have taken some time and $$$. But have you seen grandeurs? You should do a search. :) I felt like throwing up just at the sight of that many guru islands in 1 scan alone.
    Thanks ivanpei.
    About four months, for pimp the deck.
    I'm not sure what it cost me, but the value is about 1250 €
    Yes I see grandeurs. I see the merfolk deck with all guru land, but I don't like it, because the guru land is not foil and more expensive.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post

On a more serious note, I do think that, while it is really nice, it is some what bland, I'm most impressed by crazy miscuts/misprints or absurdly rare (read Summer). All grandeur84 did was drop a ton of cash, people like Occam and Ben Carp have to find those nice cards. That must be insanely hard to do.
    Eh, I tend to drop a lot of cash on whatever I find too. Money tends to grease the wheels of everything, and stuff is a lot to find when you have throw greenbacks at it. I find a lot of people are happier dealing with me as I generally maintain a good level of appreciation for what I bring in and rarely sell my rarities (everything that I have scanned and will scan is still in my possession) solely for profit. Taste differs too -- I've never dealt with or been interested by miscuts in a serious fashion, but I can see why others are. I like summer, can see why others don't.

I should probably scan more stuff soon, as I've got a lot of it lying around unscanned. Got most of the top tier summer cards that I haven't scanned, along with stuff I don't bother scanning (leaving the betas to people who appreciate them more, like sdematt) but my next project is to obtain a complete set of a certain expansion's test prints and form one to two decks with them. I love to see scans of all kinds, though, gives me something to do during the rare breaks at work.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Looking forward to seeing the stuff occam, though it induces large amounts of self pity and suicidal tendencies due to jealousy. ;)

@ grandeur, yeah sg has a very high density of lowballers and card sharks. Malaysia is the same but usually that's because people just don't have such strong buying power due to the exchange rate.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Occam, I also have your playmats, but I'm waiting for the Canadian postal strike to break. I'm not really sure why I'm so attracted to Beta, but it just feels like "true" Magic to me.

-Matt

Fun one from the weekend!

Jan 2007
    Milwaukee, WI, USA

Is that foil or non?

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Definitely looks like foil to me.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Foil, and sorry about size. In on my phone and on my way home still.

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

Our awesome pickup for the weekend.

Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Is that Andrew Goldhawk's Signature? Pretty unique! Some signatures honestly look like scribbles. I thought someone scribbled on a Tolarian Academy once and later realised it was Stephen Daniele's Signature. LOL.

Signed Tolarian Sample here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MtG-4X-2-SIGNED-...item20ba08047f

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

Better, it's Drew Levin's sig.

We have video to prove it.

Thread Information