Page 253 of 956 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Jun 2011
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

So I go away for five minutes and the thread turns into
    quietschkuchen-raupenkerl is much funnier in russian:Червячник из Пищащей Ватрушки

tscherwyatschnik iz pischtaschteij watruschki looooooooll
    ?

Someone post pictures.

May 2006
    Moscow, Russia

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Awesome : D

Me? Aggro Player.
    Nov 2010
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    Godo, señor de la guerra de los bandidos is the longest Spanish one I think.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

'Cuando Godo, señor de la guerra de los bandidos entre en juego, puedes buscar en tu biblioteca una carta de equipo y ponerla en juego. Si lo haces, baraja tu biblioteca. '

hahahahahaha omfg

I dunno why, but in my playgroup we find it very amusing to read Spanish cards, and we do it often.
    Burn

Pox

Affinity

Aggro Elves

BW Control

Feb 2011
    São Paulo, Brazil

Same here. I suppose Spanish is funny to Portuguese speakers?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

I have a Godo EDH deck, and that names smacks of Win. Nice find, gentlemen!
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Me? Aggro Player.
    Nov 2010
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by guifig View Post
    Same here. I suppose Spanish is funny to Portuguese speakers?
    Ivory Tower:

Durante la fase de mantenimiento, ganas 1 vida por cada carta en tu mano por encima de cuatro.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I recently got 2 Necropotences in spanish.

'Sáltate tu fase de robar' xD

I have a Brazilian friend who plays mtg, and he has the same opinion, so yeah i guess its very amusing for Portuguese speakers. If i could, id trade all my cards for spanish versions.
    Burn

Pox

Affinity

Aggro Elves

BW Control

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I know of a few people who say the same thing: it's somewhat similar, but still definitely off.

For you Port/Spanish speakers, how much of the other language can you understand when they talk? 50%? More? Less?

-Matt

Regarding portuguese speakers from portugal and spanish ones from spain probably about 80%. If you talk slowly you can perfectly have a conversation between spanish and portuguese speakers.
    Regarding portuguese speakers from brazil and spanish speakers from south america it might be more difficult. I am spanish and personally understand nearly every word from a person from portugal, but have more troubles understanding brazilian ones. And I suppose viceversa goes the same.

Me? Aggro Player.
    Nov 2010
    Portugal

Id say easily over 60%.

There are much differences in words, and the accent is different, but the phrase articulation and the language itself are almost identical.

Ive been to Spain many times, and it was easy to have a 'almost' regular conversation to anyone.

However, this year i have a guy from Chile in my basketball team, and its much harder to understand clearly what he says, since there are variations from country to country that speak the same language. Im just too used to Spain's accent, and his is different.
    Burn

Pox

Affinity

Aggro Elves

BW Control

Feb 2011
    São Paulo, Brazil

I agree. Considering every Spanish variation, I'd say around 60-70% is a fair estimate. You could easily chat with anyone if they and I speak slowly enough and/or enunciate well.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I know of a few people who say the same thing: it's somewhat similar, but still definitely off.

For you Port/Spanish speakers, how much of the other language can you understand when they talk? 50%? More? Less?

-Matt
    If you speak one of the Romantic languages, and speak slowly, I can understand some. Written is easier.

Jun 2009
    Sao Paulo - Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by guifig View Post
    I agree. Considering every Spanish variation, I'd say around 60-70% is a fair estimate. You could easily chat with anyone if they and I speak slowly enough and/or enunciate well.
    Totally Agree.Also I prefer to listen a "not very fast" english speak rather than a fast Spanish one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago_B. View Post
    However, this year i have a guy from Chile in my basketball team, and its much harder to understand clearly what he says, since there are variations from country to country that speak the same language. Im just too used to Spain's accent, and his is different.
    Here in Brazil, I think we understand someone from Chile/Peru more than a Spanish/Portuguese guy.
    Super Bizarros Team.
    HUEHUEHUE BRBRBR. VIVA DILMA!!! EM NOME DE JESUS CRISTO!

Has anyone seen my pants?
    Aug 2009
    Towanda, PA

I took 5 years of Italian classes and I find it's pretty easy to read other Latin or romance languages. They're all quite similar and if you can just break them down, it's not too hard. Speaking/listening to the languages though, I find to be more difficult.
    Skizzik No Kicker. Like a true retard.

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if I just decided to play the format with the most whiney players or if every format is like this.

Me? Aggro Player.
    Nov 2010
    Portugal

While i was studying for the exams to get into university, i spent almost an entire summer watching channel Real Madrid, some low budget movie channel, and Buzz anime channel as well, all in Spanish. I really got used to hearing and understanding spanish (but not talking it lol).

I agree that most latin languages are close. Italian is a bit harder though.
    Burn

Pox

Affinity

Aggro Elves

BW Control

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

I agree that most latin languages are close. Italian is a bit harder though.
    Italian ortography is very difficult. Lots of rules, exceptions and ''false friends'' are often misspelled / forgotten even by italians. Very few are able to speak and write without making even the minimum mistake. I guess it's easy to understand and speak (not to write correctly, though, unless you study Italian for a long period) for a spanish or portuguese guy, though.

Personally I've had the opportunity of studying English,Spanish and Japanese in the past. A part from English, which I hope to write at least acceptably, Spanish ortography and pronounciation were rather easy (I forgot everything I studied, though) Japanese instead was crazy difficult to write properly while grammar, pronounciation and ortography were rather simple.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

"PIMP" Thread or random bullshit thread? :X
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

It relates to pimping languages :P

I've found reading isn't terrible, since I've taken a bunch of french, and some words/verbs are similar.

-Matt

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

I've taken some Japanese and I found the opposite.
    For me it is much easier to read/write than to hear/speak.
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

'Cuando Godo, señor de la guerra de los bandidos entre en juego, puedes buscar en tu biblioteca una carta de equipo y ponerla en juego. Si lo haces, baraja tu biblioteca. '

hahahahahaha omfg

I dunno why, but in my playgroup we find it very amusing to read Spanish cards, and we do it often.
    Being a Spanish speaker, Portugese sounds way funnier. It's all subjective. But Portugese are way better at speaking other languages because of alllllllll the vowels and dipthongs the mother tongue possesses which translate well to other languages, pun.

Thread Information