Page 328 of 956 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428828 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Awesome deck up there. The Forces ruined an otherwise completely legible deck.

Feb 2011
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Awesome deck up there. The Forces ruined an otherwise completely legible deck.
    QFT. A set of Forces smeared with feces would honestly look better. Lovely duals though.

Nov 2005
    Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by rukcus View Post
    I found a few "Pro tour" stamped Gush in my boxes tonite. Does anyone know if these have any value to Vintage players?
    Hi I'm Chris Pikula! I am interested in your stamped Gush!

Quote Originally Posted by Paluka View Post
    Hi I'm Chris Pikula! I am interested in your stamped Gush!

Why hate on the Forces?

They look clean as all get out; really crisp alter, lots of attention to detail. I like that shit. Those are insane Factories too. Cool deck man.

Quote Originally Posted by snappingbowls | ಠ_ಠ View Post
    Why hate on the Forces?

They look clean as all get out; really crisp alter, lots of attention to detail.
    a) Those do not look good compared to others out there. Those look sloppy while there are really well done ones out there.
    b) From my point of view - all of them suck. There is no original text to write so they could not be less authentical.

Mental Misstep your....oh wait
    Dec 2010
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by oRen View Post
    a) Those do not look good compared to others out there. Those look sloppy while there are really well done ones out there.
    b) From my point of view - all of them suck. There is no original text to write so they could not be less authentical.
    +1. Get some german ones. For realz.
    "Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Jul 2011
    Binghamton, NY

Honestly, the reason I play beta lands is because I wanted to be able to read all of my cards. Foreign cards have never done much for me. The forces are a recent edition that I really dig because they are sloppy and look hand drawn. I've never been a fan of printed kanji, so the forces really just appeal to my eye.

Pimping is in the eye of the beholder after all.

Obviously its your deck, but playing beta to be able to read, but wanting cartoonish forces in another language seems silly. Love the deck though.

Jul 2011
    Binghamton, NY

@ Jjflipped: I've never claimed to be anything else. Next time i scan up a deck, I'll post some clean english forces just for you guys instead of my altered ones. XD

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by oRen View Post
    I do not know of anyone beside that one which got scanned. There is a bunch (10-15?) of those german text / french copyright testprints and some appear to be incredibly rare (maybe unique) while others at least exist in numbers higher than 1.
    Also if it pops up anyone will have hard times competing with other high rollers on the island/dark ritual testprint because it is the most playable/iconic card iirc.
    These cards are definitely not unique, and exist in decent quantities, as far as rarities go. Unfortunately, this still means that they are incredibly difficult to find on the buyside, but don't/shouldn't command prices reserved for rarer items. I mean, I have been offered some really good prices for some of my things, higher than what I think the fair value is, but it will take some outrageous offers (think of something like 5digits before I even consider selling stuff like the test foil EE), and that kinda highlights the disparity caused when all prices are on the buyside.

And yeah, I will be competing quite seriously on any of these that pop up. It's pretty much one of the few things I need for my dark ritual and island collections.

Haven't really contributed to this thread for some time. Give me a while, have some really nice stuff sitting with me. A couple more deals to close out, and there's a good chance I beat my last serious scan (which contained a summer serendib + hurricane).
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I look forward to your post, Occam.

-Matt

If you know anything about the aesthetics of Chinese/Japanese characters, then you'd know that good handwriting is incredibly important on anything written/painted (part of culture and even shows higher class in society). Having someone who is not Asian or does not specifically write Chinese/Japanese calligraphy alter a card into one of those languages is probably a huge mistake. If you show them to anyone who could read them, they'd probably fall over laughing at those forces. They look like a 1st grader wrote them with finger paint.

Jan 2007
    Milwaukee, WI, USA

The Dark Rit/Island would go well over $1000, probably over $2000. It makes stuff like the textless Bolt and foil Exodus cards look like trash.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Do you own one, Ben?

-Matt

He only has/had a minor one iirc. I have never heard of or actually seen one of those island rituals moving. Also the scan on squts page looks incredibly old when I compare it to what my 5 or 6 year old scanner can accomplish.
    Last edited by oRen; 12-23-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I'll be posting my Thopters once the scans load. Some of it doesn't come in Russian, so English then for you haters.

-Matt

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Firstly, Sherlock Holmes wasn't bad. See it and be entertained.

Here it is. What can be Russian will be Russian. I'm waiting until after Christmas to seal the deal on 3 Russian Jaces. The Russian Needle is in the works, and one of the Tops was missing, so whatever.

Manabase: Needs another Tundra, but haven't found many lately in good enough condition, so I've passed on some.

I'm a fan of the Tempest Plains and the Mirage Islands. The Plains are very "moody," and I think it fits the playstyle of the deck.

Main stuffs:

English, but still in the art I like:

More pimp stuff: Russian and Korean (and some Forces)

Russian Thopter Combo:

Sideboard: I have both Alpha Blasts and FBB, but I'm running these atm.

Too bad Mirrodin wasn't in Russian. Sigh.

Random stuff I've picked up in the last few months:

I've also picked up Russian Bolts and a bunch of other stuff, but too lazy to post at the moment.

-Matt

Hasn't any judge disqualified you because of just having perfect size's in some of your cards?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

The cards in different coloured sleeves are in different decks, and were pulled together just for the photo. I''ll usually play totally double sleeved, or just single, but I don't mix.

Thanks to a few key members on here for the pimp. You know who you are :)

-Matt

Thread Information