Page 338 of 956 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438838 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011
    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Markers' collection is on Mtg.com:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ily/arcana/891

And Fay Jones is still alive, last I checked.
    Yep, I got my 15 minutes of fame...Every collector's dream (I think)...WOTC approached me after I posted the entire Beta set on Librarities and asked if they could do a mtgdaily-piece on it.
    Signed card collector

Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC

Nov 2010
    Denmark

long time no see...
    everything that can be foil is foil..

Jan 2012
    Russian Federation

Russian Foils!!

Brave Russian knights

russian fetchlans

my hierarchs
    Last edited by ninjamasta; 01-23-2012 at 08:35 AM.

On caltrops: I think it comes down to art preference. I like both pieces of art a lot, but I personally would get the 7th ed. foil version. I like the spikeballs in that one and 7th ed. foils belong together since you said you have foil 7th ensnaring bridge I would go with 7th for that reason.

But those are some really awesome foil russian cards sir. I am a fan.

Fay Jones is still alive I believe but Fay doesn't like to sign stasis, because of the art. Signed copies of stasis are incredibly hard to find for this reason and kudos to Markers for getting some copies and I love how you got on magic arcana with the signed beta set, major kudos to you sir.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ritual View Post
    Fay Jones is still alive I believe but Fay doesn't like to sign stasis, because of the art. Signed copies of stasis are incredibly hard to find for this reason [...]
    This is why Markers and the Brazilian guy have like 10+ each ... There so much more rare signatures out there.
    Why people always get that excited when it comes to that particular card ?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by oRen View Post
    This is why Markers and the Brazilian guy have like 10+ each ... There so much more rare signatures out there.
    People secretly harbor grieving tendencies. That's why Wasteland is so popular.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Because the art is notoriously awful? And I usually don't see signed copies of stasis although maybe that's just me I'm sure boatloads of people own signed copies of stasis hence the reason I've never seen a signed copy in real life. I know there are rare signatures, as Markers has posted about signed cards that are a bitch to find like red elemental blast because Richard Thomas doesn't sign by mail and tracking him down is quite difficult according to Markers. Same with other obscure artists I'm sure that drew art for alpha/beta and a few years later stopped producing art for mtg.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Quote Originally Posted by Markers View Post
    Yep, I got my 15 minutes of fame...Every collector's dream (I think)...WOTC approached me after I posted the entire Beta set on Librarities and asked if they could do a mtgdaily-piece on it.
    Congrats Markers, that's an awesome accomplishment! But I'm sure it doesn't end here for you :)

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbertthecat View Post
    I finished up my TES deck for the most part; I'm still undecided if I want to get Beta/FBB duals or altered ones, and if the pack foil or GP foil chrome mox looks better.
    Beta duals, All-English ftw. Go for regular Chrome Mox Foils, GP foils look gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Markers View Post
    tHat shit is really badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Fay Jones is a very rare signature. I mean, you're the "pimp" guy who shits on other people's cards from time to time, you should understand the concept of "hard to find".

We have a few because we jumped through the hoops in contacting her. In my case, she initially didn't even want to talk to me when she heard I collected Magic. Seems she's gotten a good bit of hate mail for the art piece, believe it or not.

I genuinely like the art, and explained that, and six months later I got the cards I sent off to get signed, plus a whole bunch of other Stasis proofs. Not sure how it went down with Markers, if he got it straight from her or from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Fay Jones is a very rare signature. I mean, you're the "pimp" guy who shits on other people's cards from time to time, you should understand the concept of "hard to find".
    I mostly "shit" on people like you when I do. I rarely hate on cards themselves. Also I mostly remained calm and silent because of the all cancer and hatred spreaded here for so long and you seem like warming up some of this good old shitty rant. Props from my side.

Proven fact - they are available in (very) low quantities on the secondary market which makes them not as hard to find as cards which are simply not existent. Not offending anyone saying the signature is rare but I could obviously get more excited. The point was mostly even if I did not put it this way in the other post - out of the 302 beta cards of that particular set someone is like "OMFZG A SIGNED STASIS" which way overrates the card compared to the others.

Signed Stasis are sweet. They're really hard to find, Beta signed Stasis is a pimp card.

Oren are you saying that they're not sweet? I don't get it, what's not cool about it.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by snappingbowls | ಠ_ಠ View Post
    Signed Stasis are sweet. They're really hard to find, Beta signed Stasis is a pimp card.

Oren are you saying that they're not sweet? I don't get it, what's not cool about it.
    your pimp is not anothers
    what some people like others don't
    i don't have a problem with signing but i sure as shit wouldn't get my beta set graffiti'd (esp. the jewellery)
    a set of foil innistrad might be pimp for some, others want PSA 10 alpha or a summer set
    how much is a beta signed statis - a hundred bucks, a thousand?
    not much in the scheme of things
    mtgpimp

Overrating something because of lack of knowledge (I even saw signed copies selling on ebay a while back iirc) and getting inadequately overexcited is something I am not capable to completely understand while I appreciate the Stasis; the set overall and the fact that Markers got some spotlight on his collection.

hi guys,
    i have a question,

in a deck like sneak-show, where many cards don t exist foil(sneak,show, tomb,city(and other foil are only promo(petal,intuition), is better for pimp, use some foil for complete, or make all deck, russian-japanese (but all not foil)
    because i see that for some people, are more pimp russian-japanese not foil, than foil eng(or other european language)

best regards

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    hi guys,
    i have a question,

in a deck like sneak-show, where many cards don t exist foil(sneak,show, tomb,city(and other foil are only promo(petal,intuition), is better for pimp, use some foil for complete, or make all deck, russian-japanese (but all not foil)
    because i see that for some people, are more pimp russian-japanese not foil, than foil eng(or other european language)

best regards
    Should I buy a Ford Focus or a GMC Sierra? No fucking clue. How about you do what you like instead asking others? Isn't that the whole point of a hobby such as this?
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    hi guys,
    i have a question,

best regards
    I mean if you want sheer monetary value then that's one track. Problem with that is sometimes you can't win, short of getting all summer magic duals and crimped / miscut double signed, Axel Rose signed, Korean Sneak Attacks.

I'd say play what you think looks cool. I think foils look terrible, and remind me of crap like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, others love them. I don't like Jap cards and prefer Russian, German, Chinese or Korean. That being said if you post on here certain people will crap on you and others will appreciate the effort you went through in posting your deck.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I mean if you want sheer monetary value then that's one track. Problem with that is sometimes you can't win, short of getting all summer magic duals and crimped / miscut double signed, Axel Rose signed, Korean Sneak Attacks.

I'd say play what you think looks cool. I think foils look terrible, and remind me of crap like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, others love them. I don't like Jap cards and prefer Russian, German, Chinese or Korean. That being said if you post on here certain people will crap on you and others will appreciate the effort you went through in posting your deck.
    My problem with pimping in general is you can almost always go bigger. Sorry, but there are tournament legal foil cities. They probably just cost $5-10K.
    So... why bother pimping a deck that uses city of traitors since it can't possibly be the "best" unless you're Occam or similar?

You can have awesome stuff, but then people will always say "you need to upgrade such and such to misscut crimped summer" or use your imagination.

Choose an aesthetic that you think is awesome, stick to it and decide to be in the camp that believe's pimp is in the eye of the beholder instead of what is strictly the most expensive.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Octopusman; 01-24-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Should I buy a Ford Focus or a GMC Sierra? No fucking clue. How about you do what you like instead asking others? Isn't that the whole point of a hobby such as this?
    Thank you.

When I get my latest shipment in the mail (thanks Marvin!), I'm posting my Eva Green list here. It's all mismatched, but that's because I had to grab deals on whatever I could so I could give my English non-foils to a close friend as a wedding gift in June. Between the trades made and tournaments raided to assemble the gift and the look on my boy's face when he opened it, the memories I associate with all my pimp shit are all the validation I need.

I mean, he hugged me. He's only done that two other times ever. Pretty good sign I hit a home run.

/high horse

Seriously, subzero; if you're proud of your deck, show it off. Some people will appreciate the cards, some will appreciate the effort that went into acquiring them, some won't give a fuck. Long as you fit all three of the above, more power to ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grymer View Post
    long time no see...
    everything that can be foil is foil..

3 Breakthrough ?

Thread Information